Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
If it wasn't for @charmander dying they probably would, but since he also died in a very tragic way, a tribute to the website legend must stay up. Maybe the name of the sports section should be renamed? Like " The Coliseum - Kobe Bryant Forum"? Or is that corny? I don't know
Yea that makes sense. I hope they change the banner eventually though. Especially for Black History Month coming up. Leave Kobe in the banner for the whole month of Feb.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
84167600_1018972491806901_9146311170989228032_o.jpg

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
This. I'm also seeing people argue about the allegations. Not the time at all for that kind of talk
Those people really need to shut the fukk up. Another thing that’s lost in all of this, his daughter’s interest in basketball was going to help the women’s game, which sorely needs more viewership. Daughter wanted to follow in his footsteps and he was using all his resources to help that. Just seeing them courtside and WNBA games, or them flying across the country to see some of the best college teams play. I know their dream was to get Gigi to play at UConn. And the virtue signalers who are dogging him a few hours of this tragedy don’t even support their fellow women that hoop, but they’ll be the first to call out if something happens to a woman in the men’s space.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Social media especially twitter

Exposes how needy and pathetic people are for attention

blue checks are the fukking worst

I’m sick of all of them.

You’re a nobody journalist or blogger so no one is looking at your bum ass life with any scrutiny. Which is why you sit up on your high horse and cast judgement on a man who just died with a grieving family and fans all over the world.

humanity is disgusting sometimes.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First off RIP to @charmander, Kobe, Gianna, and the rest of the people on board that helicopter.

These recent events have really made me think. The main thing that I keep thinking is...we gotta cherish each other and those that devote their lives to entertaining us. I had my wake up call with the KD burner shyt. After that I had to step back and reconsider how I was talking to and/or about people online. These recent tragedies have made me feel like I need to speak up and encourage my brehs and brehettes. I am not saying we shouldn't talk trash or have fun but it can be so easy to forget these are human beings we are talking to and/or about. Some pretty strong words get thrown around. Jokes are one thing but there should be a limit. Rooting for and against people is fun. Going back and forth with others over our allegiances or opinions is fun. There is never any reason to go beyond that though. I encourage all of us to take a step back and think...am I just having fun here or am I taking something that really means nothing in the grand scheme of things (favorite team, player, opinion on a player/game etc., preference) way too far? There are other people on the other side of those screens or on the screen. These people have feelings and families and their own issues that they are dealing with. Think about the last person you went in on or sonned or exposed etc. If you knew they would die the next day, would you have still said it or said it like you said it?

I am not looking for daps or reps or anything for me really. I really hope that we can just do better going forward and avoid putting ourselves in a position where we need a tragedy to provide perspetive. If any of you want to/need to talk to someone and you don't have anyone that you can reach out to, feel free to PM me. Anyone that just wants to talk can reach out to me.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I just really hate that it takes tragedy for that to happen.

Not even the worst of it. Hearing forty year old nikkas talking about, this kobe stuff really puts life in perspective about being in my kids lives. You are fukking forty, where has your head been nikka? Better late than never I guess but discouraging.