Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
83738085_204668490674128_3817809515982165909_n.jpg

:mjcry:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Some female at work hit everyone with the “Damn, I know it’s sad, but I wouldn’t be all crying over someone I didn’t know”. Then proceeds to say she didn’t watch basketball.

Everyone looking at her like :unimpressed:

Had to break it down for her. Grown ass men loss their Superman yesterday. Bigger than just some nikka on TV.

If you love basketball and are over 30 you saw Kobe’s whole career you lost friends, relationships, changed jobs moved etc but the Kobe been Bryant was a constant figure in basketball.

I fell in love with basketball when I was 10 years old when the raptors got a franchise Kobe entered the league a year later.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I turned 33 a month ago. I saw all 6 of MJ's titles but was too young to remember his NC days and early battles with the Pistons. I watched and remember Kobe from his rookie season. MJ is mythic to me but Kobe was a legend I saw everything from. I took for granted what I witnessed because I thought I'd get old and keep seeing him at All Star games with gray in his hair like Bill Russell and I'd be telling young dudes they didn't know shyt about how great this dude was. The tears haven't stopped and I still don't think this has really hit me fully yet. I'm playing nothing but Victory Lap today, but that only makes it hurt more. shyt sounds like a Kobe soundtrack. This part of his life was supposed to be his victory lap. Dedication? Who embodied that more than Bean?

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Still surreal a day later, not getting any work done at work

Just too tragic, all those lives lost and Kobe and Gianna :mjcry: RIP

I was very excited for his post-retirement career, it was obvious he was gonna do big things. Also, like Chappelle, he's one of those savant types where you always enjoy hearing them talk, and almost everything they say oozes wisdom in some form.

I teared up watching his last game, the 60-point performance, was just remarkable. Can't bring myself to watch it right now, the game has a different meaning and the tears will be flowing :mjcry:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I turned 33 a month ago. I saw all 6 of MJ's titles but was too young to remember his NC days and early battles with the Pistons. I watched and remember Kobe from his rookie season. MJ is mythic to me but Kobe was a legend I saw everything from. I took for granted what I witnessed because I thought I'd get old and keep seeing him at All Star games with gray in his hair like Bill Russell and I'd be telling young dudes they didn't know shyt about how great this dude was. The tears haven't stopped and I still don't think this has really hit me fully yet. I'm playing nothing but Victory Lap today, but that only makes it hurt more. shyt sounds like a Kobe soundtrack. This part of his life was supposed to be his victory lap. Dedication? Who embodied that more than Bean?

:dahell:BREAUGH YOU WERENT ALIVE
WHEN MJ WAS AT NC
AND YOU WERE 4 WHEN MJ WON HIS 1ST TITLE.

:devil:
:evil:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Took a day off. I'm kind of going through it. To give my own personal anecdote there was never a single game that Kobe played in that I was rooting for him. From a basketball perspective I hated him...how good he was and the heartache he caused me as a kid growing up. There isn't a single player who played my sports villain more than Kobe. That's what's tripping me out right now..and why I ended up tearing up several times throughout the day. I never knew how much I was invested in Kobe by rooting against him. That same investment is why I feel just as bad as some of his biggest fans. Don't just cherish your idols...cherish your rivals and villains.

Whats weird is I felt the inverse of that. As a major Kobe fan, I invested a lot of time in not liking LeBron. When Kobe died, alot of the anger I felt towards Bron evaporated. It’s bigger than basketball. These are people. And we should enjoy them while they’re here instead of picking them apart for silly debates. The crazy thing is we (the stans/fans) fought each other tooth and nail when they saw each other as brothers :mjcry: So in honor of Bean, I want to see LeBron win a couple more rings especially for the Lakers.