Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
This was the first time I met him. Worked at the Pentagon and the USA team held a special practice just for us. Was really dope. Funny, my now ex wife hit me up and was like, if you trying to meet Kobe you better hurry. Finally got my chance, didn’t want an autograph but did get a pic. For some reason, I called him Bean. He found it funny, took the pic, dapped and that was that

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Legit sad ..still up can't sleep; it's 134am est..cycling through NBA TV, ESPN, local news

fukked up man...just fukked up

shyttt you stronger than me, I probably won’t be able to watch ESPN until Super Bowl postgame, I’m just trying not to get myself riled up.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
LAPD grounded their helicopters in the morning. That flight should of been delayed.

Thats all I’ve been thinking. I wish that pilot had just took the L and told Kobe no flying today or at the very least they gon be late.

I’m just at a loss. I’m high as fukk I’m faded I’m driving fukk this whole damn day I wish it never fukkin happened

TheKid55

All Star
Daps
I'm so fukked up right now, brehs. I've been in a daze all day. Nothing seems real to me right now. Every time I see the words "Kobe" and "dead" across the screen I think I'm dreaming. You don't know how much this dude meant to Lakers fans. I'm seeing Spurs and Celtics fans talking about how fukked up they are. Now imagine us. Dude was everything to us.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
How/why exactly did the helicopter crash?

Pilot error. Long story short was that conditions were shyt due to fog, kept the bird in the air and from landing, pilot tried to duck under the fog, didnt realize he was so low near mountains/hilly terrain and tried to pull up at the last second to clear the hill, but didnt.

TheKid55

All Star
Daps
Thats all I’ve been thinking. I wish that pilot had just took the L and told Kobe no flying today or at the very least they gon be late.

I’m just at a loss. I’m high as fukk I’m faded I’m driving fukk this whole damn day I wish it never fukkin happened

I'm been trying to text my bro all day right now and he hasn't been responding. Dude was the biggest Kobe fan I ever knew :mjcry:

darryl

Superstar
Daps
LeBron was struggling to keep it together and MJ said he lost his little brother:to:

People always talk about the Mother/Son bond but the Father/Daughter bond is even stronger, because that's the one who will be down with you forever. My grandfather was sick with cancer in the late 80s-early 90s and he was super protective of my mom until he passed, and my mom lived to make her dad proud of her.

Both bonds are strong. One is not stronger than the other

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
All this info about the conditions during the flight, it’s eerily similar to Aaliyah and the plane being overloaded because she was in such a rush to leave. Makes you think how one decision you make can so drastically change whether you live or die. Not saying that in a malicious way, they could’ve just as easily been driving and had an accident. It’s crazy.

It’s like this young girl that was killed not too long ago here in Chicago. Her sister always picked her up from work, on the day she happened to want to walk home she ended up getting shot in a drive by. Had she just gotten picked up like usual, she’d still be alive.

Last edited: