Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
TBH I hope his family has a private ceremony. This is brutal and I think only Kobes closest of closest friends and family should be there.

Kobe Bryant Says He Doesn't Have Any Real Friends in GQ Magazine Interview

Read what he says in that. In addition to what he said this would be awkward because didn’t he die still having a bad relationship with his parents? :mjcry:

He didn’t mention them at his retirement ceremony. I think they should just have both a public and private funeral

I think he would have loved it to see his peers and more so the legends he looked up to speak at his funeral

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I said this on Twitter earlier and I feel I should say it again but if whoever you pray to (or don’t) and it’s their intent for you to exhaust 100% of the talent they blessed you with, then you’ve lived a full life. And Bean lived a full life.

Weird cause I thought I would never like this dude. I hated him his first year or so cause he came across so damn arrogant. Went from that to damn near brawling with nikkas at barbershops over who was better: Bean, AI, T-Mac or Vince.

Make a mark while you here on earth brehs. He definitely made one on mine and it didn’t have shyt to do with me on a court playing the game.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Kobe Bryant Says He Doesn't Have Any Real Friends in GQ Magazine Interview

Read what he says in that. In addition to what he said this would be awkward because didn’t he die still having a bad relationship with his parents? :mjcry:

He didn’t mention them at his retirement ceremony. I think they should just have both a public and private funeral
He is still close with his sisters but I never heard about the parents..I do hope they talked again before this. I know he was close to guys like B Shaw, Pau, Ronny Turiaf, etc.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Has Lebron or MJ said anything about this? His daughter going with him is what had me the most :mjcry:
LeBron was struggling to keep it together and MJ said he lost his little brother:to:
I still can’t believe this is real. I got real emotional when I read that Kobe had died.

But as a father of a daughter, I broke down in tears at the gym with my wife when I read his daughter was with him. I had to leave the gym and rush home to hug my 2yr old.

I was just away from her for 8 months, and spent 30 day with her and now I’ll be heading back out for 4 more months. Saying goodbye 8 months ago was tough, but I don’t see how I can goodbye again on Wednesday.
People always talk about the Mother/Son bond but the Father/Daughter bond is even stronger, because that's the one who will be down with you forever. My grandfather was sick with cancer in the late 80s-early 90s and he was super protective of my mom until he passed, and my mom lived to make her dad proud of her.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Kobes former pilot

Kobe Bryant's helicopter was like a limousine and had a strong safety record, NBA star's former pilot says
Kobe Bryant’s helicopter was like a limousine and had a strong safety record, NBA star’s former pilot says

Investigators in Calabasas at the site of the helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant, daughter Gianna and seven others on Jan. 26, 2020.
(Christina House / Los Angeles Times)
By MATTHEW ORMSETHSTAFF WRITER
JAN. 26, 2020
7 PM
The helicopter that crashed Sunday morning in Calabasas, killing Kobe Bryant, his daughter and seven others on board, had the feel of a limousine and boasted a strong safety record, said the basketball star’s former pilot.

Kurt Deetz, a former pilot for Island Express Helicopters, told The Times he flew Bryant from 2014 to 2016. Nine times out of 10, he said, Bryant flew in “Two Echo X-ray” — the Sikorsky S-76B, tail No. N72EX, that went down Sunday morning. When Bryant retired from the NBA in 2016, he flew out of downtown Los Angeles in the same helicopter, wrapped in a gray-and-black paint scheme with his Mamba emblem on the side, Deetz said.

Deetz, who said he spent more than 1,000 hours flying the craft that crashed Sunday, called its condition “fantastic.” Island Express follows a “very good maintenance program,” he said. The helicopter was owned by Island Express, according to Deetz.

Bryant favored the S-76B, Deetz said, which he compared to “a Cadillac, a limousine — it’s limo-esque.” The model is preferred by celebrities and known as comfortable and safe, he said. Its sister model, the S-76A, “is more like a work truck,” he said

When he flew Bryant, Deetz said, the star was quiet: “It was always, ‘Hey,’ thumbs up, or sometimes nothing at all. He kept to himself. He would get in, get out, and that was it. There was no hugging, no backslapping — he was very professional.”

Deetz recalled one flight, on Father’s Day in 2016: He was spending the day with his son when he got a call — could he fly Bryant to downtown Los Angeles? Deetz brought along his son, who sat with him up front. Bryant was with his daughters in the back. He spotted Deetz’s son: “He’s a very private guy,” Deetz recalled, “but he noticed my son there and he said, ‘Hey, little man.’ My son and I remembered that today.”

When Deetz learned Bryant had died aboard the helicopter he’d flown him on so many times, “my heart sank,” he said. “In this business, when you hear about a crash like this, it’s a very surreal experience.”

Deetz said weather conditions were poor in Van Nuys on Sunday morning — “not good at all.”

The crash was more likely caused by bad weather than engine or mechanical issues, he said. “The likelihood of a catastrophic twin engine failure on that aircraft — it just doesn’t happen,” he said.

Judging from a public record of the flight path and the wide debris field, Deetz said that it appears the helicopter was traveling very fast at the time of impact, about 160 mph. After a 40-minute flight, Deetz added, the craft would have had about 800 pounds of fuel on board. “That’s enough to start a pretty big fire,” he said.

so I’m guess they tried to land in the bad weather and couldn’t see and maybe hit something? It’s kinda frustrating to read that nothing should have gone wrong

It feels worse because NBA players tend to live long lives. Think of the top25 players ever, almost all are still alive. I mean guys like Havlicek are only recently starting to die from old age.

yea nba player’s especially high level ones live until like 100. Bill russel is 175 and still out there at every championship podium. This is strange I’m so many ways.