Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
How did you guys react right when you found out? How did you find out?
Prolly a 1/2 hr after the news broke... espn reporting it. My friend who i share my ig with hit me up saying post something about Kobe. He was my favorite. I’m like :dahell: what’s the significance??? I googled him and saw the reports... :ohhh::picard::dwillhuh::gucci::mjtf::why:

And it set in like :to::to::to: Kobe Bryant is dead??? Then when it was rumors about who else was on board... Rick Fox... his daughters... his whole family...
All that was confirmed was Kobe...

When they said Gigi was on board it broke me. Thinking that their last moments was literally him comforting her of what was to come...:sadbron:

I never claimed to be LWO or a Kobe Stan. But I respected him for him athleticism, mentor ship, a man who knew how to sell pop and gym shoes... a man who rapped and sucked at it ... a man I grew up with when he entered the league... a man who messed up in his marriage and fought to fix it...

A father who loved his family. :to: A daughter going in the steps of her father and grandfather...

:mjcry: Damn it I’m crying again.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
I did once, but at a Richard Sherman celebrity softball game in Mariners stadium but not basketball.

I still saw the magic aura Kobe embodied tho :wow:

Kobe struck out the first couple at bats, but then when the squad was behind near the end of the game... he hit a home run :blessed:
:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always used to say it was like a cruel punishment that one of the greatest athletes of all time never had a son to carry on his legacy. Then recently I saw Gigi play and how proud he was of her and thought....oh nah he’s straight.

You could just see the bond between them two was special. He didn’t need a son at all.

:mjcry:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I always used to say it was like a cruel punishment that one of the greatest athletes of all time never had a son to carry on his legacy. Then recently I saw Gigi play and how proud he was of her and thought....oh nah he’s straight.

You could just see the bond between them two was special. He didn’t need a son at all.

:mjcry:
Now I'm crying again. Yeah, I'm off my phone for the night, brehs:mjcry:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I still can’t believe this is real. I got real emotional when I read that Kobe had died.

But as a father of a daughter, I broke down in tears at the gym with my wife when I read his daughter was with him. I had to leave the gym and rush home to hug my 2yr old.

I was just away from her for 8 months, and spent 30 day with her and now I’ll be heading back out for 4 more months. Saying goodbye 8 months ago was tough, but I don’t see how I can goodbye again on Wednesday.