Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
No matter how hard I try to process it I still can't. It's like my brain keeps telling me this is fake.

"Kobe died in a helicopter crash with his daughter" that doesn't even sound real.

I have no words.

I keep seeing photos of him and his daughter and I feel like I wanna cry. I can't imagine what his wife and family is going through

The world is hurting. I'm not religious but if there is a God. I have one question to you. Why ? Just why ? Help me understand...please...:mjcry:

Why traumatize the world like this, in this way

Watch-Kobe-Bryant-share-Daughter-Gigi39s-basketball-dream-in-the.jpg

Rest in peace to Kobe and Gigi

As I sit here with a tear typing this

Please brehs I urge you to tell your loved ones you love them, don't wait...this life ..idk...we're still trying to figure it out

Again RIP to Kobe his daughter and the others that passed

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
They should of delayed the flight. :to:
I know:mjcry:

it could be pilot error or it could be a mechanical problem

it reminds me of the Colin Mcrae crash which was sadly his fault (pilot error)

but yeah I know b:mjcry:

Im sure that was kobe's personal pilot too,he trusted him n thats enough:mjcry:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
When for years so many was critical for Jordan for not speaking on social issues, Kobe was at the forefront and that rubbed off on guys like lebron.. It's crazy because the last celebrity death that took me by surprise was Sean Taylor.

Most importantly, he EDUCATED himself on stuff he did not know

He said some some stuff when Trayvon died. Like "just because I'm black doesnt mean I have to support Trayvon"

"I won't react to something just because I'm supposed to, just because I'm African-American. That argument doesn't make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and as a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American, we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we've progressed as a society? Well, if we've progressed as a society, then you don't jump to somebody's defense just because they're African-American. You sit and listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won't assert myself."

Instead of doubling down in embarrassment after ppl pressed him , Kobe took it personally. He went and met with Tatyvon family and learned what happened . He appeared with the fam in public

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
its not even like that

the pilot took all the correct procedures

asked for clearance etc

even circled for 15 mins

its just one of those things that happen, no matter how much experience you have

Bullshyt.

If you go VFR, there are speeds and altitudes that you must follow. There are min safe altitudes for each arrival and departure.

Also, there is GPWS and terrain radar.

This was completely pilot error.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
L.A. weather was extremely foggy Sunday morning, and law enforcement sources tell us even LAPD air support was grounded because of it. Flight tracker data shows Kobe's chopper appeared to first encounter weather issues as it was above the L.A. Zoo. It circled that area at least 6 times at a very low altitude -- around 875 feet -- perhaps waiting for the fog to clear.

We know the pilot contacted the control tower at Burbank Airport around 9:30 AM PT, and the tower was aware the pilot had been circling for about 15 minutes. The pilot eventually headed north along the 118 freeway before turning to the west, and started following above the 101 freeway around Woodland Hills, CA.

At around 9:40 AM they encounter more weather -- as in seriously heavy fog -- and the chopper turned south. This was critical, because they turned toward a mountainous area. The pilot suddenly and rapidly climbed from about 1200 feet up to 2000 feet.

However, moments later -- around 9:45 AM -- they flew into a mountain at 1700 feet. Flight tracker data shows they were flying at about 161 knots.
So it was pilot error?

:snoop:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Bullshyt.

If you go VFR, there are speeds and altitudes that you must follow. There are min safe altitudes for each arrival and departure.

Also, there is GPWS and terrain radar.

This was completely pilot error.
again we dont know what happned

and you saw that comment off of youtube