Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why do y’all do this when tragedies happen? Everyone isn’t obligated to make remarks on social media, especially not right off bat
Because same reason people sad about Kobe

Folks you look up too you want to hear what they say.

It helps deal with the grieving process. Its just a part of life.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
L.A. weather was extremely foggy Sunday morning, and law enforcement sources tell us even LAPD air support was grounded because of it. Flight tracker data shows Kobe's chopper appeared to first encounter weather issues as it was above the L.A. Zoo. It circled that area at least 6 times at a very low altitude -- around 875 feet -- perhaps waiting for the fog to clear.

We know the pilot contacted the control tower at Burbank Airport around 9:30 AM PT, and the tower was aware the pilot had been circling for about 15 minutes. The pilot eventually headed north along the 118 freeway before turning to the west, and started following above the 101 freeway around Woodland Hills, CA.

At around 9:40 AM they encounter more weather -- as in seriously heavy fog -- and the chopper turned south. This was critical, because they turned toward a mountainous area. The pilot suddenly and rapidly climbed from about 1200 feet up to 2000 feet.

However, moments later -- around 9:45 AM -- they flew into a mountain at 1700 feet. Flight tracker data shows they were flying at about 161 knots.

If I'm interpreting the last line correctly, it means they didn't suffer, thankfully.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
AUERUE6.jpg

GtYd8Ic.jpg

bTUedA7.jpg

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man this is the first celebrity death in my life that really really hit me. Been crying on and off all day. I cant believe it. Kobe was such a huge part of my childhood and I got into basketball as a lil 8 yr old kid his rookie year and rooted for him just cause he was the youngest to ever come out to play in the NBA. Followed his whole career and still do/did to this day. I cant even .... man R.I.P. to Bean and his daughter and all who were lost

ya...kobe is like jeter to me (not comparing them as athletes or anything) but in the sense that I “grew up” w/ them and followed them throughout their careers from high school all the way until post-retirement...I was hearing about them for the most part since I was in high school smh

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
It really bothers me knowing that this was so preventable. Like really, it's foggy and you can't see your hand in front of your face. Why fly a helicopter when you shouldn't even be driving a car. And who the hell gave the pilot clearance to do so.

You guys are pieces of shyt for blaming the pilot so quickly . Man had a family like everybody else. We dont know of this dude was Kobes regular pilot on a day to day basis

We dont know a definitive damn thing yet. Calm down before yall start a manhunt for his family

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
L.A. weather was extremely foggy Sunday morning, and law enforcement sources tell us even LAPD air support was grounded because of it. Flight tracker data shows Kobe's chopper appeared to first encounter weather issues as it was above the L.A. Zoo. It circled that area at least 6 times at a very low altitude -- around 875 feet -- perhaps waiting for the fog to clear.

We know the pilot contacted the control tower at Burbank Airport around 9:30 AM PT, and the tower was aware the pilot had been circling for about 15 minutes. The pilot eventually headed north along the 118 freeway before turning to the west, and started following above the 101 freeway around Woodland Hills, CA.

At around 9:40 AM they encounter more weather -- as in seriously heavy fog -- and the chopper turned south. This was critical, because they turned toward a mountainous area. The pilot suddenly and rapidly climbed from about 1200 feet up to 2000 feet.

However, moments later -- around 9:45 AM -- they flew into a mountain at 1700 feet. Flight tracker data shows they were flying at about 161 knots.

Same way Stevie Ray Vaughan died.