Kings trade Haliburton, Hield, Kardashian to Indy for Sabonis + more

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Buddy is an awful defender, selfish player and a contract that they didn’t need. Plus they have other guys who have been shooting well as of late. You’re comparing a month of Haliburton to a career of Sabonis.

The kid you’re referring to put up 18 and 9 on high usage and shot 41 percent from the field and 34 percent from 3 over that time. He’s not a first option. There were nights they were getting blown out and he would take 10 shots.

im not arguing whether he's a first option (sabonis isn't either). i'm not trading him to get sabonis. you know what the ceiling is on sabonis. i'd rather figure out the ceiling on haliburton, and maybe deal fox + hield for picks or other young, complimentary pieces.

sabonis aint getting you out of the west. he might not even get you into the playoffs.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I don’t think we’ve ever seen Fox get those type of looks Maxey gets. And Fox shoots better than Maxey from everywhere on the floor but 3. I think you have this skewed boxscore perception that Fox can’t shoot because he started this year off slow or because he’s a mediocre 3 point shooter. He can make jump shots from anywhere within the 3. Maxey’s numbers outside of 3 look like Fox’s shooting splits at the same age except Fox was the focal point. The fact that they’re comparable shows you Fox was the better player. And his current shooting splits outside of 3 are much better. Fox doesn’t have to shoot 3s all day to be a better player than Maxey for Philly. He is better than him at everything else.

You can't watch a Sixers game and come to that conclusion. Embiid needs spacing. There is a reason why his usage is #1 in the league. Sixers are 28th in pace. Kings are #8...Again, theres a reason why Maxey numbers spike when he's allowed to run downhill in transition when Embiid is off the floor.

Maxey is in position to catch and shoot or he beat his man off dibble. His outside shooting has helped our offense bc now Embiid can swing it out to another 40% shooter. Simmons couldnt do that so defenses could just collapse on Embiid. Teams like to throw zones at us, Maxey is able to shoot over it from the short corner

But Im to assume that if we swap for Fox, he would be a 40% shooter now because he 'hasnt gotten those looks before'? Or he would somehow make us better in a slow paced offense by exclusively shooting inside the perimter along with Tobias whose also taking up space in the paint ....along with Embiid?

The only argument i concede to is we dont know what Maxey numbers would be as a focal point (although there is a sample size to give us an idea) But to say Fox would be a better fit bc 'he just hasnt seen those looks yet' is a reach.

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
this trade is insane. this team trades no one they should trade and the one guy they shouldnt.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
You can't watch a Sixers game and come to that conclusion. Embiid needs spacing. There is a reason why his usage is #1 in the league. Sixers are 28th in pace. Kings are #8...Again, theres a reason why Maxey numbers spike when he's allowed to run downhill in transition when Embiid is off the floor.

Maxey is in position to catch and shoot or he beat his man off dibble. His outside shooting has helped our offense bc now Embiid can swing it out to another 40% shooter. Simmons couldnt do that so defenses could just collapse on Embiid. Teams like to throw zones at us, Maxey is able to shoot over it from the short corner

But Im to assume that if we swap for Fox, he would be a 40% shooter now because he 'hasnt gotten those looks before'? Or he would somehow make us better in a slow paced offense by exclusively shooting inside the perimter along with Tobias whose also taking up space in the paint ....along with Embiid?

The only argument i concede to is we dont know what Maxey numbers would be as a focal point (although there is a sample size to give us an idea) But to say Fox would be a better fit bc 'he just hasnt seen those looks yet' is a reach.

I never said Fox would fit better because he hasn’t seen those looks yet. I said that he’s a better player and the narrative of he can’t shoot is strange because he’s a better shooter than Maxey from everywhere on the court but 3. Also, the corner 3 is the one 3 Fox shot effectively prior to this year. You’d have to assume that this is a trend instead of a rarity. He is shooting worse this year from 3 than at any point in his career.

I don’t understand your Tobias point at all. I’m not really sure what point you’re attempting to make but the argument was simply that you’re not about to guard Fox like Westbrook. He shoots over 40 percent from everywhere on the field but the 3 and he shoots over 70 percent near the rim. Those numbers are better than Maxey from everywhere. So the question you have to ask yourself is whether Maxey’s corner 3s offset Fox being better than him at everything else? If you’e maxing a fit argument given the way Philly plays then sure. I’m a firm believer in getting the better players and then making it work.

But if I’m in a playoff game and need to go bucket for bucket with a team - I’d much rather have Fox than Maxey. Obviously Halliburton fits better.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
An earlier version of this piece misstated that Justin Holiday might not be able to play in Kings home games because of his vaccination status; Sacramento has no such rule that would preclude him from playing at home.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
pacers bout to tank this yr, rebuild and make it back to the playoffs before the kings make a play in :wow:
If the pacers tank for the first time in their history, draft paolo or Jabari or Chet with tyrese, Turner, duarte, etc they are not a bad core to go into the next year wi th