Kings trade Haliburton, Hield, Kardashian to Indy for Sabonis + more

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I don't understand why everyone is criticizing Sacramento on this trade.
It makes sense, they had to trade either Haliburton or Fox. Good move for both teams.
Fox been playing this year at a top 150 level whereas Hali at a top 50 level but the team was better with Fox at a top 50 level and he has top 30-40 potential and Sabonis has top 30 potential and is a much better fit.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand why everyone is criticizing Sacramento on this trade.
It makes sense, they had to trade either Haliburton or Fox. Good move for both teams.
You trade a 21 year old trending upward who you can play with any line up or player in the league for a big who can shoot to pair with your pg who can’t shoot who has two years on his deal and can leave if he wants.

it’s not terrible but it’s a “we don’t think tyrese is possibly going to be good enough now” deal.

“well we already paid fox we can’t move him cause we get even less back” deal

“we picked a 24 year old rookie at the same position as both so we can’t trade him now” deal

if tyrese is who he is now it’s not that bad. If tyrese keeps trending up and is unleashed persay he’s going to be better and more valuable than sabonis ever was. Having an elite guard in the future versus having the fifth/sixth/seventh best guy at center basically.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
You trade a 21 year old trending upward who you can play with any line up or player in the league for a big who can shoot to pair with your pg who can’t shoot who has two years on his deal and can leave if he wants.

it’s not terrible but it’s a “we don’t think tyrese is possibly going to be good enough now” deal.

“we picked a 24 year old rookie at the same position as both so we can’t trade him now” deal

if tyrese is who he is now it’s not that bad. If tyrese keeps trending up and is unleashed persay he’s going to be better and more valuable than sabonis ever was. Having an elite guard in the future versus having the fifth/sixth/seventh best guy at center basically.

I agree

This is such a Kings move it ain't even funny anymore. They don't think about the fit at all. Oh Sabonis and Fox both good at playmaking, let's ignore everything else.

Haliburton is everything you'd want from a point guard. He can handle the rock, he can play off-ball and is quickly becoming one of the more elite three point shooters in the league. Plus you can easily lock him for like five more years.

While Sabonis is not a bad player, you team him up now with Holmes who's a worse shooter and defender than Myles Turner.

Didn't Fox say he didn't like playing for the Kings and he was looking elsewhere? I swear he said that, not just Bagley. And Kings choose him over Haliburton? Hmmm feels like Vivek was ready to fire his GM and he did the typical "don't fire me we fighting for the playoffs" move to save some time for his job.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I agree

This is such a Kings move it ain't even funny anymore. They don't think about the fit at all. Oh Sabonis and Fox both good at playmaking, let's ignore everything else.

Haliburton is everything you'd want from a point guard. He can handle the rock, he can play off-ball and is quickly becoming one of the more elite three point shooters in the league. Plus you can easily lock him for like five more years.

While Sabonis is not a bad player, you team him up now with Holmes who's a worse shooter and defender than Myles Turner.

Didn't Fox say he didn't like playing for the Kings and he was looking elsewhere? I swear he said that, not just Bagley. And Kings choose him over Haliburton? Hmmm feels like Vivek was ready to fire his GM and he did the typical "don't fire me we fighting for the playoffs" move to save some time for his job.

I bet the Kings offered Fox to Indy and Indy said nope, we want Haliburton

It's the only thing that makes sense

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I agree

Fox is the Pascal Siakam of 2022, where we thought he had shyt value and Toronto needed to give him away. Siakam got his shyt together and looks more like the guy who was worth getting the contract he got. Fox has to do the same if they even wanna get someone who fills a need for them. Who's really out there fiending for a PG who has the ability to trade for Fox? At best, NY and Randle's no better than Fox in terms of his disenchantment. Who would you bet on to get their shyt together first, Fox or Randle?

What does that mean though?

If you're saying Sabonis is a top 5-7 guy at C, that's fine. Will Haliburton be a top 5 PG in the East? That's a tough group to crack, now or later. The East is very top heavy there.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Fox is the Pascal Siakam of 2022, where we thought he had shyt value and Toronto needed to give him away. Siakam got his shyt together and looks more like the guy who was worth getting the contract he got. Fox has to do the same if they even wanna get someone who fills a need for them. Who's really out there fiending for a PG who has the ability to trade for Fox? At best, NY and Randle's no better than Fox in terms of his disenchantment. Who would you bet on to get their shyt together first, Fox or Randle?

If you're saying Sabonis is a top 5-7 guy at C, that's fine. Will Haliburton be a top 5 PG in the East? That's a tough group to crack, now or later. The East is very top heavy there.

Haliburton can be a Jrue Holiday fringe all star type player that will put a contending team over the top.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps

Even if Fox gets his shyt together he's not a great three point shooter at all and they only have Barnes in that lineup who can knock down three pointers for real. Unless DiVincenzo gets his shyt together, but so far he's horrible from three point line as well.

Kings have too many holes. Still one of the worst defenses in the league and now much less of a three point threat with Hield and Haliburton gone. Best case scenario is Kings maybe get that 10th seed for the play-in, lose of course, and that's it. I see them missing the playoffs next season unless they make more moves in offseason.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Even if Fox gets his shyt together he's not a great three point shooter at all and they only have Barnes in that lineup who can knock down three pointers for real. Unless DiVincenzo gets his shyt together, but so far he's horrible from three point line as well.

Kings have too many holes. Still one of the worst defenses in the league and now much less of a three point threat with Hield and Haliburton gone. Best case scenario is Kings maybe get that 10th seed for the play-in, lose of course, and that's it. I see them missing the playoffs next season unless they make more moves in offseason.

Fox & DiVincenzo should pair well together...they both can play on & off the ball

Kings need a JJJ type player to pair with Sabonis tho and a 3&D wing

• Dap
Reactions: No1

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The Kings look good together against the Wolves with 0 practice and Fox shoots over 50 percent from 3 in back to back games while averaging 28 and nikkas talking about Halliburton and other random shyt :deadrose:. Fox even sealed the game on defense, which people have been questioning :russ:. Fox and Sabonis already looks like a more natural fit than Fox and Tyrese. But you guys are going to die on that hill for a dude who shot 41 percent and 34 percent from 3 without Fox :deadrose:

Last edited:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I bet the Kings offered Fox to Indy and Indy said nope, we want Haliburton

It's the only thing that makes sense

This is exactly what I heard happened. Fox wasn't playing well this year so they said no, give us Haliburton.