King Von killed in Atlanta

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Old heads keep saying this... and while I didn't wanna believe that... the numbers MIGHT not lie. The homicide rate in the U.S. has been steadily decreasing over the past couple of decades (although I think the reporting criteria has changed a tad).

I think regionally and in certain locations, that trend might not be the same.

However, I think people believe it's worse because of constantly seeing the brazen, reckless nature of the crimes continuously broadcast on social media. But just because technology has allowed us to see it more doesn't mean it's ''worse." :manny:

Additionally, I don't think we SAW as many teen "rappers" getting killed from gun violence this often. Probably would have tho if the definition of "rapper" was back then what it currently is today.

The teen "rappers" getting killed today would be relegated to the local scene 20 years ago, struggling to find a platform to be heard – if ever being heard. So there would be no headlines for the '94 equivalent of some of today's teenage rappers who are being killed.
Rap was local back then and less mainstream going Gold was a major accomplishment

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
The video footage is weird as fukk.

Who is that on the ground with him right after he gets shot.
they're saying it was [ALLEGED RAPPER] trying to either help him or steal his chain, depending on who you ask. Yes it does make sense that he could've been trying to help him, after all they were in a fist fight. Conversely, chainsnatching is pretty common

also this wasn't chicago gang beef, it played out very publicly on social media

more will be revealed.....

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps

Just started rapping SMH

Need that evil twin album with Durk

This dude is what soulja boy was pretending to be in that vlad interview. Soft spoken demon.

But anyone noticed the difference in development vs pre-internet times? He was 26 but comes off like a young boy. Whereas pac and biggie were around this age when they died.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I guess. If me pointing out that this dude reveled in violence and ignorance until his death is “blacac” shyt or whatever than so be it
If you being a clown online saying clown shyt you nikkas don't say offline makes you "blacac" yes goofy it is what it is.

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
they're saying it was [ALLEGED RAPPER] trying to either help him or steal his chain, depending on who you ask. Yes it does make sense that he could've been trying to help him, after all they were in a fist fight. Conversely, chainsnatching is pretty common

also this wasn't chicago gang beef, it played out very publicly on social media

more will be revealed.....

I thought that was one of his guys, at first. But the chain snatching makes more sense.

Also how casually they split up right after was what I really found odd.

I'm guessing the cops hit Von too ??

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
If you being a clown online saying clown shyt you nikkas don't say offline makes you "blacac" yes goofy it is what it is.

You don’t know what I’ll do goofy. Did you eat breakfast first before dikk riding this degenerate at 6 in the morning? “Blacac” you thought that was clever as shyt huh lame? :mjlol:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You don’t know what I’ll do goofy. Did you eat breakfast first before dikk riding this degenerate at 6 in the morning? “Blacac” you thought that was clever as shyt huh lame? :mjlol:
Nah I actually do know what your goofy ass will do clown. How am I dikkriding dumbass? You products of single bytches don't even use logic just all emotions. Nothing I said is defending dude goofy ass p*ssy

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
On the one hand, you can look at the situation and say Von was a bad person that did bad things and got what he deserved. But at what point do we start looking at the bigger issue? A lot of our youth are coming up in conditions that are inhumane for the standards that can be set here and yet all of this is normalized.

Why are children turning to this in the first place? Rap music merely reinforces certain morals and ideas. Back in the golden age, the idea was to speak on the neighborhood but at the same time discuss things in a more balanced way. Now it’s more boastful and doesn’t teach the same principles.

But no one bothers to ask why any of this is even a thing. What kinda outreach is needed to change this? Yummy was years ago and yet here we are. shyt is depressing fr.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nah I actually do know what your goofy ass will do clown. How am I dikkriding dumbass? You products of single bytches don't even use logic just all emotions. Nothing I said is defending dude goofy ass p*ssy
fukk nikka talk tough on the internet but want no smoke, how many times I told you send me the addy so I can put you with all your homies, fukk p*ssy ass nikka put me on ignore and started talking tough with the next coli nikka you a bytch

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Rap was local back then and less mainstream going Gold was a major accomplishment
RIght. But even when rap was peaking in like 98 or so, I doubt many of these guys wouldve gotten much of a platform. Tough to compare the eras, tho, but that's just my opinion. You got guys legit making casio beats and chanting incoherent babble getting 1million views and headlines when they get killed.

That wouldn't have happened even in 1998.