King of Queens - One of the GOAT sitcoms.

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
It's possible. I know it's possible cause I've seen it. It's not impossible like y'all making it. Especially during that time frame. Also. They didn't have any kids. U gotta take that into consideration also. And Arthur was prolly bringing in a lil bread as well.

Fair enough, Arthur had that SSI check

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The kind of house they have is costing alot of money. A different kind of house would be possible. They have yards in front and back , 2 story house with a basement, they also had a shed in the back yard that was able to be a man cave. Doug was driving trucks and never was ascended to another role despite his years. He wasn't caking, Kerry was a secretary which is a bottom of the barrel job. If he and his wife together made 120k a year (the maximum of your above stated range) they could not easily afford a 450k house. Your assuming no other responsibilities or debt.
Have you ever done the calculation for a house? You sounding real...not smart. They had a simple two story home, the shyt wasn't super nice, it was average as fukk in an average neighborhood. They had 3 bedrooms max. Even with a car loan and a few cc's they would be able to buy a $450k home. When my base was around $120k a year - with student loan payments being over a g a month and a car payment - i got approved for 700k+ for a multi unit and around 400k for a sfh. My BFF and her husband probably make a combined 100-110k/yr and have gotten approved for the 400's...and all of this is with tighter lending standards than the 90's.

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Have you ever done the calculation for a house? You sounding real...not smart. They had a simple two story home, the shyt wasn't super nice, it was average as fukk in an average neighborhood. They had 3 bedrooms max. Even with a car loan and a few cc's they would be able to buy a $450k home. When my base was around $120k a year - with student loan payments being over a g a month and a car payment - i got approved for 700k+ for a multi unit and around 400k for a sfh. My BFF and her husband probably make a combined 100-110k/yr and have gotten approved for the 400's...and all of this is with tighter lending standards than the 90's.

You trying to hard, Ive done calculations on a house before. They did not just have a simple 2 story house, for NY. The image that was portrayed was a nice house for NY standards. Your financial situation may have been good for you to allow you that luxury. But thinking about what there average debts and house expenses would have been they would not have just easily afforded that house. It's not out the world of possibility which I've acknowledge, but you guys act like its a no brainer. Just assuming they had average debt and expenses makes this way more of a tighter financial situation than you think.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You trying to hard, Ive done calculations on a house before. They did not just have a simple 2 story house, for NY. The image that was portrayed was a nice house for NY standards. Your financial situation may have been good for you to allow you that luxury. But thinking about what there average debts and house expenses would have been they would not have just easily afforded that house. It's not out the world of possibility which I've acknowledge, but you guys act like its a no brainer. Just assuming they had average debt and expenses makes this way more of a tighter financial situation than you think.
Average debt? the average american doesn't have my student loan payment, it's a mortgage in most states :heh: look at Doug and Carrie...them dudes didn't go to college, they had a beater car and if I remember from one episode a little bit of credit card debt.

I don't see how you don't understand that manhattan (and now Brooklyn) is a whole different beast than queens/SI/Bronx, there is no "simple house for NY" when each borough is a completely different housing market. That is an average house in queens, squarely middle class.

I mean look at this, that's their whole living space, go thru the door you're in their average sized kitchen which leads out back, to no yard! They also don't have a front yard....this isn't a big house, the upstairs looks like it has two bedrooms, 3 max. I don't know where you're from that you're gassing this as nice, it's a normal middle class home....not a roach den but not something you'd pin up on your wall as a dream home

heffernan-living-room.jpg

63616983.jpg

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Average debt? the average american doesn't have my student loan payment, it's a mortgage in most states :heh: look at Doug and Carrie...them dudes didn't go to college, they had a beater car and if I remember from one episode a little bit of credit card debt.

I don't see how you don't understand that manhattan (and now Brooklyn) is a whole different beast than queens/SI/Bronx, there is no "simple house for NY" when each borough is a completely different housing market. That is an average house in queens, squarely middle class.

I mean look at this, that's their whole living space, go thru the door you're in their average sized kitchen which leads out back, to no yard! They also don't have a front yard....this isn't a big house, the upstairs looks like it has two bedrooms, 3 max. I don't know where you're from that you're gassing this as nice, it's a normal middle class home....not a roach den but not something you'd pin up on your wall as a dream home

heffernan-living-room.jpg

63616983.jpg

You doing to much, they actually had a yard for starters. Secondly nobody give a fukk about ya student loan debt, thats not the only debt anybody can have. You can just simply crunch numbers and show that if debt, expenses, savings, are all average for them...they are not necessarily just cleaning the floor for a house like that, which is my point.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You doing to much, they actually had a yard for starters. Secondly nobody give a fukk about ya student loan debt, thats not the only debt anybody can have. You can just simply crunch numbers and show that if debt, expenses, savings, are all average for them...they are not necessarily just cleaning the floor for a house like that, which is my point.
Well no shyt, if you make 50k and got 49k in expenses you're not getting shyt. A you're wrong as fukk and talking all sorts of extremes - it's a sitcom, they obviously had a good enough income to debt ratio to buy an average ass house - get over it. Queens housing market /= to manhattan's which seems to be your point of reference on the ny area. And you call that patch of grass a yard? No wonder you're calling this shyt a nice house

:snooze:

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Well no shyt, if you make 50k and got 49k in expenses you're not getting shyt. A you're wrong as fukk and talking all sorts of extremes - it's a sitcom, they obviously had a good enough income to debt ratio to buy an average ass house - get over it. Queens housing market /= to manhattan's which seems to be your point of reference on the ny area. And you call that patch of grass a yard? No wonder you're calling this shyt a nice house

:snooze:

Smh, you a dumbass. Nobody is even talking extremes of 49k of debt and expenses to 50 k ratio Smh. You do realize the house shown in the picture is not anatomically correct rendition of what they lived in. They had a back yard for example in the show , which is not shown in the picture. That is stuff that raises house value.Then you cite its a sitcom so obviously they had debt to ratio in check lol....Thats how I know you stupid for trying to be practical in that sense... But I will let a dumbass like you continue to cook.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Smh, you a dumbass. Nobody is even talking extremes of 49k of debt and expenses to 50 k ratio Smh. You do realize the house shown in the picture is not anatomically correct retention of what they lived in. They had a back yard for example in the show , which is not shown int he picture. That is stuff that raises house value.Then you site its a sitcom so obviously they had debt to ratio in check lol....Thats how I know you stupid for trying to be practical in that sense... But I will let a dumbass like you continue to cook.
Your rep lets me know what the coli consensus thinks of your contributions, so I'm sure I'm not the dumbass. Secondly, you're the dumbass who ignored the numbers, don't understand the housing market in queens, and made up all this extra shyt about their debt.

Lastly....to add in some more facts to shut your dumbass up, they're supposed to live in Rego Park, here are the facts about that neighborhood in 2013....now think back to 1998 or whenever the show premiered and continue to tell me how a couple making 80-120k back then couldn't afford that home. :stopitslime:

http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Rego-Park-Rego-Park-NY.html

median income ~$59k
Average home price (they don't have median) - $641k, seeing median home price on other sites as ~$400k
Home price distribution - looks like 80% of homes valued under 500k

UPS drivers today make 78k on average (per glassdoor) FedEx 48k...
Legal secretary salary with 1-2 years experience is 40k/yr, and about $60k at 3-6 years experience at a big law firm (which carrie worked at)

But continue to be stupid

Robbo

All Star
Daps

They had a small yard...and coulda had a compound with Walter White :francis:

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Your rep lets me know what the coli consensus thinks of your contributions, so I'm sure I'm not the dumbass. Secondly, you're the dumbass who ignored the numbers, don't understand the housing market in queens, and made up all this extra shyt about their debt.

Lastly....to add in some more facts to shut your dumbass up, they're supposed to live in Rego Park, here are the facts about that neighborhood in 2013....now think back to 1998 or whenever the show premiered and continue to tell me how a couple making 80-120k back then couldn't afford that home. :stopitslime:

http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Rego-Park-Rego-Park-NY.html

median income ~$59k
Average home price (they don't have median) - $641k, seeing median home price on other sites as ~$400k
Home price distribution - looks like 80% of homes valued under 500k

UPS drivers today make 78k on average (per glassdoor) FedEx 48k...
Legal secretary salary with 1-2 years experience is 40k/yr, and about $60k at 3-6 years experience at a big law firm (which carrie worked at)

But continue to be stupid

SMH, first of my rep is a gimmick I solicit a bad rep so you hold no weight in ya argument. You then have no true figures on your medina home price. You then cite or measure numbers from 98 but then use average UPS driver salary that is based in 2016. You not as smart as you think you are, your a dumb ass stop quoting me.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
SMH, first of my rep is a gimmick I solicit a bad rep so you hold no weight in ya argument. You then have no true figures on your medina home price. You then cite or measure numbers from 98 but then use average UPS driver salary that is based in 2016. You not as smart as you think you are, your a dumb ass stop quoting me.
I gave today's salary as reference for a smart individual to deduce what they were making in 98/00...but whatever dude, keep ignoring facts