King of Queens - One of the GOAT sitcoms.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Lol I don't know I thought Doug routinely did super fukked up shyt. Like literally all the time.
Nah bruh. Doug was a good dude. He was a goof sometimes but overall he didn't do nothin crazy enough to be called a fukked up husband. Dude put up wit her pops. He basically did what she wanted him to do for the most part. His problem was he was soft and she was tough so he would have a hard time putting his foot down with people. But yea. She did some bullshyt too my g. She had that nikka go to that wedding even tho she knew she smashed the groom before and didn't say nothin to Doug about it. She got jealous when he lost weight and started buggin on him cause he was getting attention. She told him he couldn't wear a cologne anymore cause she didn't like it even tho everyone around him loved it. Dude was gettin out of traffic tickets n all kinda shyt. Lol. She was mean and fukked up with the staff at his favorite italian restaurant and then told him he wasn't allowed to eat there anymore. She kept a whole apartment in Manhattan behind his back. Shorty wasnt innocent my nikka. Lol. But good thing about her as a TV wife is they made her apologize for her fukked up shyt rather than make it seem like she was always right and he was always wrong like on Everybody Loves Raymond. Ray Barone had the worst marraige of all time. bytch was wack all around. Horrible wife.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Arthur was annoying but harmless.

I can't even list all the fukked up shyt Doug did throughout the marriage but he constantly lied pretty much every episode, manipulated every situation to his benefit (And often times screwing over his wife in the process), literally had zero ambition to ever better himself or their situation, and was a hypocrite. One example, Doug got mad and was going to divorce Carrie on the last episode because Carrie kept the apartment in Manhattan, when he literally did the exact same thing earlier that season, and all she did was get somewhat agitated and then forgave him within a minute.
nah son. The whole reasons for them having the apartments was different. His was more harmless. And when he got caught. He got rid of it. When she got caught. She lied to him and still kept the shyt. And like I said before the reasons were different. They both did fukked up shyt bro. But u could tell they both really cared about eachother in the long run.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Nah bruh. Doug was a good dude. He was a goof sometimes but overall he didn't do nothin crazy enough to be called a fukked up husband. Dude put up wit her pops. He basically did what she wanted him to do for the most part. His problem was he was soft and she was tough so he would have a hard time putting his foot down with people. But yea. She did some bullshyt too my g. She had that nikka go to that wedding even tho she knew she smashed the groom before and didn't say nothin to Doug about it. She got jealous when he lost weight and started buggin on him cause he was getting attention. She told him he couldn't wear a cologne anymore cause she didn't like it even tho everyone around him loved it. Dude was gettin out of traffic tickets n all kinda shyt. Lol. She was mean and fukked up with the staff at his favorite italian restaurant and then told him he wasn't allowed to eat there anymore. She kept a whole apartment in Manhattan behind his back. Shorty wasnt innocent my nikka. Lol. But good thing about her as a TV wife is they made her apologize for her fukked up shyt rather than make it seem like she was always right and he was always wrong like on Everybody Loves Raymond. Ray Barone had the worst marraige of all time. bytch was wack all around. Horrible wife.
Nah dog, I can give example after example of him being a fukked up husband. I do agree he's not overall a bad person but he made for a bad husband.

Those things, to be honest, I don't think Carrie was in the wrong lol. If I told my wife I only like her smell with a certain cologne and she wore it cause she said other nikkas liked it, I'd be PISSED. Or if I got into an argument at a restaurant with the staff, and she took their side and kept going, it be the same thing. Doug on the other hand did stuff behind her back all the time, and consistently lied and basically did anything that benefitted him more than his wife. Plus he was super lazy and had no drive.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nah son. The whole reasons for them having the apartments was different. His was more harmless. And when he got caught. He got rid of it. When she got caught. She lied to him and still kept the shyt. And like I said before the reasons were different. They both did fukked up shyt bro. But u could tell they both really cared about eachother in the long run.
No, his was way more fuucked up. He promised her from the beginning that they'd buy an apartment in Manhattan and then lied, and then purposely sabotaged it because he didn't want to move. She never told him he could get a hang out spot for him and his buddies. Ever. His was harmless but a lie from out the gate and wasn't something they ever agreed upon. The difference is she forgave him immediately, he wanted to divorce her because she kept an apartment that he promised her he'd get her, and then not only reneged on the promise but outright tried to stop it. lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Nah dog, I can give example after example of him being a fukked up husband. I do agree he's not overall a bad person but he made for a bad husband.

Those things, to be honest, I don't think Carrie was in the wrong lol. If I told my wife I only like her smell with a certain cologne and she wore it cause she said other nikkas liked it, I'd be PISSED. Or if I got into an argument at a restaurant with the staff, and she took their side and kept going, it be the same thing. Doug on the other hand did stuff behind her back all the time, and consistently lied and basically did anything that benefitted him more than his wife. Plus he was super lazy and had no drive.
Carrie was right for not tellin him she smashed the groom bro? Son she knew that was his favorite restaurant before he even took and she was purposely mean to the staff. It was HER FAULT the whole argument happened. Lol. Then to add insult to injury she told him he couldn't go anymore. That was fukked up fam. He wasn't talkin bout just other women wit the cologne shyt. It was everyone that liked it. Men and women. And he got out of alotta shyt and got shyt free for havin it on. Fam I'm married. And I couldn't imagine my wife being on some petty shyt like that. She fukked him out of the sandwich spot cause she was pissed the owner didn't give it to his own son. Doug loved owning it and she undercut him and spoke to Danny so Danny could get the spot from Doug. She was mad at first when he got the bartending job until she saw the tips. He was def comfortable in his position and he made good money. She wanted him to move up and become a manager but not everyone is cut out for that type of shyt. Doug has a hard time laying down authority so he wouldve hated his job in the long run. He made a good living and at one point was making a better living than her. She starts trying to move up and then starts looking down on him. And her father not harmless. That nikka used to be buggin and put them in some fukked up ass positions sometimes. Son u def speaking like a nikka who ain't domesticated or married. Lol. Arthur wouldve made me lose my mind. She her father did some REAL fukked up shyt to her. nikka wasn't harmless all the time bro.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
No, his was way more fuucked up. He promised her from the beginning that they'd buy an apartment in Manhattan and then lied, and then purposely sabotaged it because he didn't want to move. She never told him he could get a hang out spot for him and his buddies. Ever. His was harmless but a lie from out the gate and wasn't something they ever agreed upon. The difference is she forgave him immediately, he wanted to divorce her because she kept an apartment that he promised her he'd get her, and then not only reneged on the promise but outright tried to stop it. lol
Son they was both wrong bro. He wouldve had to change his whole life. U never know how life is gonna go when u make plans in the past. They was both wrong at first. But she became the solely wrong one cause they came to a final agreement. And she lied to him and still kept the shyt after everything was supposed to be resolved. Which in turn made her solely wrong. She kept the shyt after the shyt was "resolved". Like I said before fam. They both did wrong shyt to eachother. U cant sit up here and act like he was bad and she was good. They both had their ways.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carrie was right for not tellin him she smashed the groom bro? Son she knew that was his favorite restaurant before he even took and she was purposely mean to the staff. It was HER FAULT the whole argument happened. Lol. Then to add insult to injury she told him he couldn't go anymore. That was fukked up fam. He wasn't talkin bout just other women wit the cologne shyt. It was everyone that liked it. Men and women. And he got out of alotta shyt and got shyt free for havin it on. Fam I'm married. And I couldn't imagine my wife being on some petty shyt like that. She fukked him out of the sandwich spot cause she was pissed the owner didn't give it to his own son. Doug loved owning it and she undercut him and spoke to Danny so Danny could get the spot from Doug. She was mad at first when he got the bartending job until she saw the tips. He was def comfortable in his position and he made good money. She wanted him to move up and become a manager but not everyone is cut out for that type of shyt. Doug has a hard time laying down authority so he wouldve hated his job in the long run. He made a good living and at one point was making a better living than her. She starts trying to move up and then starts looking down on him. And her father not harmless. That nikka used to be buggin and put them in some fukked up ass positions sometimes. Son u def speaking like a nikka who ain't domesticated or married. Lol. Arthur wouldve made me lose my mind. She her father did some REAL fukked up shyt to her. nikka wasn't harmless all the time bro.
LOL we just gonna agree to disagree bro.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Carrie was a grade A bytch and just an overall terrible person. The bytch's moral compass was all fukked up. I mean the chic was cheating at Taboo, denied it after getting caught and then tried to blame it on Arthur. No accountability whatsoever. She constantly shyt on Doug to the point where she had confronted his parents about his dog that died years ago and Doug still thought was alive. She just had to fukk with his happiness. She was a total c-word. Whenever Doug had a slight encounter with happiness without her she had to shyt on him. Making him stop going to that restaurant b/c the waitress flirted with him. He even let Arthur move in with them for years while putting up with his crazy bullshyt and made tons of sacrifices. When he lost weight and was getting compliments from everyone she couldn't handle it and seriously got jealous. All those jokes she made and concerns she had about Doug's health vanished and she was just concerned about herself and her vanity. She even low key tried to get him to gain more weight. I wont even get into the whole apartment thing at the end of the show. Just an awful awful awful woman.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Carrie was a grade A bytch and just an overall terrible person. The bytch's moral compass was all fukked up. I mean the chic was cheating at Taboo, denied it after getting caught and then tried to blame it on Arthur. No accountability whatsoever. She constantly shyt on Doug to the point where she had confronted his parents about his dog that died years ago and Doug still thought was alive. She just had to fukk with his happiness. She was a total c-word. Whenever Doug had a slight encounter with happiness without her she had to shyt on him. Making him stop going to that restaurant b/c the waitress flirted with him. He even let Arthur move in with them for years while putting up with his crazy bullshyt and made tons of sacrifices. When he lost weight and was getting compliments from everyone she couldn't handle it and seriously got jealous. All those jokes she made and concerns she had about Doug's health vanished and she was just concerned about herself and her vanity. She even low key tried to get him to gain more weight. I wont even get into the whole apartment thing at the end of the show. Just an awful awful awful woman.
See @FreshAIG. This guy has an entire different outlook on Carrie. Like I said she did some fukked up shyt to Doug. To make like it was one sided and Doug did all the fukked up shyt is bugged out. They both had their faults and did dumb shyt to eachother.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
See @FreshAIG. This guy has an entire different outlook on Carrie. Like I said she did some fukked up shyt to Doug. To make like it was one sided and Doug did all the fukked up shyt is bugged out. They both had their faults and did dumb shyt to eachother.
I agree they both did fukked up things to one another and Doug was no saint but Carrie was on a whole nutha level with her plotting and evil ways just to fukk with Doug's happiness. She tried to crush every dream and aspiration he had and never fully supported him when he wanted to do something

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I agree they both did fukked up things to one another and Doug was no saint but Carrie was on a whole nutha level with her plotting and evil ways just to fukk with Doug's happiness. She tried to crush every dream and aspiration he had and never fully supported him when he wanted to do something
I like how she would apologize when she was wrong tho. And atleast she wasn't like Ray's wife who would just consistently belittle him. Withhold sex from him. And was just an overall terrible person. One of the few times Ray's wife had sex with him was when she was fantasizing about another man. Now SHE was horrible.

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
You seem to not know the real estate game, queens was, and still is, save for a few neighborhoods bordering manhattan, a middle and working class borough. Wasn't no hipsters and bankers running around buying up shyt. The average home price there today is only ~$450k. If he and carrie both earned $40-60k a year, they could easily afford a home there today and especially in the time period of the show.

The kind of house they have is costing alot of money. A different kind of house would be possible. They have yards in front and back , 2 story house with a basement, they also had a shed in the back yard that was able to be a man cave. Doug was driving trucks and never was ascended to another role despite his years. He wasn't caking, Kerry was a secretary which is a bottom of the barrel job. If he and his wife together made 120k a year (the maximum of your above stated range) they could not easily afford a 450k house. Your assuming no other responsibilities or debt.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
The kind of house they have is costing alot of money. A different kind of house would be possible. They have yards in front and back , 2 story house with a basement, they also had a shed in the back yard that was able to be a man cave. Doug was driving trucks and never was ascended to another role despite his years. He wasn't caking, Kerry was a secretary which is a bottom of the barrel job. If he and his wife together made 120k a year (the maximum of your above stated range) they could not easily afford a 450k house. Your assuming no other responsibilities or debt.
It's possible. I know it's possible cause I've seen it. It's not impossible like y'all making it. Especially during that time frame. Also. They didn't have any kids. U gotta take that into consideration also. And Arthur was prolly bringing in a lil bread as well.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I like how she would apologize when she was wrong tho. And atleast she wasn't like Ray's wife who would just consistently belittle him. Withhold sex from him. And was just an overall terrible person. One of the few times Ray's wife had sex with him was when she was fantasizing about another man. Now SHE was horrible.
Yea she was a piece of work. The only worse women were Gennarros from Die Hard. John McLaine's wife and daughter were horrible after he saved them numerous times from terrorists.