Kinect 2.0 is gonna sell the system.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
:what: why can't you read. Its not about "needing" the kinect to play games. The kinect makes the entire experience of sitting in front of your console/ TV better. Why would you hate on a technology that enhances your everyday console experience?
Maybe it makes it better for YOU, I don't need these gimmicks breh.. I just want to grab a controller, start a game and play :manny: i don't want to :mj:just to start a game

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why dismiss a device because it isn't revolutionary? It adds to gaming with a controller simple as that...it improved a game like skyrim with voice commands. In a game like that with so many spells it helps to be able to just say the ones you need without having to bring up a long ass list...it made it so you can spend more time playing the game instead of in menus

Get it out of your head that kinects needs to be a super device that will replace the controller..you don't like the new one without even using it, you seem like you hate the device w/e your lost :yeshrug:

Also this is gaming fukk what's not needed give me everything, was online really needed?

Not before it got big, I can tell you that
if they gave me the option i wouldn't pay for it like they're forcing me to by adding it into the cost of the console. Kinect has existed since 2010 and in these years i've seen nothing that made me desire it. i don't own one on my Xbox 360 and if it was optional i wouldn't on the Xbox One.

perhaps if they developed a game that utilized it in a way that made me desire it i would want it but in the years its been out they haven't.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if they gave me the option i wouldn't pay for it like they're forcing me to by adding it into the cost of the console. Kinect has existed since 2010 and in these years i've seen nothing that made me desire it. i don't own one on my Xbox 360 and if it was optional i wouldn't on the Xbox One.

perhaps if they developed a game that utilized it in a way that made me desire it i would want it but in the years its been out they haven't.

That's kinda the point... Its to get devs to do that. Because most games are gimmicks... They want to step it up.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Maybe it makes it better for YOU, I don't need these gimmicks breh.. I just want to grab a controller, start a game and play :manny: i don't want to :mj:just to start a game

Well then you should want a kinect, because that's exactly what it will allow you to do. Right now there's a couple hoops you have to jump through. First you have to sign in, then you have to search for a game to play. Once you start that game up you have to configure controls/settings to your liking. If its a game where you create a character, you have to do that manually.

With kinect you literally would just pick up your controller an play. You pick up the controller, it automatically signs you in, you tell it to resume your last play session. It puts you directly into the game where you left off.

How is a streamlined experience somehow a bad thing?:mindblown:

Like I said y'all are just looking for reasons to hate.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
Well then you should want a kinect, because that's exactly what it will allow you to do. Right now there's a couple hoops you have to jump through. First you have to sign in, then you have to search for a game to play. Once you start that game up you have to configure controls/settings to your liking. If its a game where you create a character, you have to do that manually.

With kinect you literally would just pick up your controller an play. You pick up the controller, it automatically signs you in, you tell it to resume your last play session. It puts you directly into the game where you left off.

How is a streamlined experience somehow a bad thing?:mindblown:

Like I said y'all are just looking for reasons to hate.

This can be done without kinect breh

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No, you can argue that it has better functions to you because you seem to dismiss anything the kinect can do, so usre think what you want, but dont act like kinect adding options hurts gaming or is a bad thing

Also dont forget xbox has smart glass..did you see them doing things on the tablet on spark and it doing it right on the xbox

Just make sure to keep an open mind when you get your xbox with the kinect because it sounds like its closed, and you are going to be the only person who suffers from the closed.mind..people on the internet aren't going to care if you start having fun with kinect, I personally won't call you fake or anything just because you dismissed features and called them garbage without ever using them in a gaming sense and don't really know how good or bad it will be
Its been out on the market about 3 years. start listing what it's done. please stop selling me on the future potential for a device that has for the most part been on the market for so long and mostly features games where you hit balls or that i can say Xbox on and it cuts on the console when i got the controller in my hand and can cut it on with the guide button.

yeah it can scan my face in a game but i wouldn't pay $100 or more for that. what can it do that makes it worth the added cost?

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
i have an Xbox Live profile and it auto signs me in when i cut on the console. why do i need a camera on the Xbox to be able to resume whatever game i was playing? how does the camera function to do that?

Exactly, what kind of dumb logic is that

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Its been out on the market about 3 years. start listing what it's done. please stop selling me on the future potential for a device that has for the most part been on the market for so long and mostly features games where you hit balls or that i can say Xbox on and it cuts on the console when i got the controller in my hand and can cut it on with the guide button.

yeah it can scan my face in a game but i wouldn't pay $100 or more for that. what can it do that makes it worth the added cost?

There's not any one thing. It's all the things put together. Skyrim voice yells aren't revolutionary but if the kinect makes navigating the menus in ALL games easier then that is a lot of value added to your experience. Same goes for scanning your face in. For an indivudal game it may not sound that great, but if you think about how many times you create a character over the course of a generation then the value starts to build up. Same for automatic sign ins, controller mapping, and other os features. It's the entire package that's worth the money. If devs really do find some compelling ways to enhance core games then that's just the icing on the cake.

i have an Xbox Live profile and it auto signs me in when i cut on the console. why do i need a camera on the Xbox to be able to resume whatever game i was playing? how does the camera function to do that?

I know you are a loner, but most of us have other people around who may use our system. Anyone who has had to manually change profiles/swap controllers this gen, knows how inconvenient it could be. You don't need a camera to resume your play session, but you do need a kinect to be able to say "resume session" and be placed directly into your game.

This is the future of how we will interact with our electronic devices. Growing up, in all the futuristic movies this is how they did it. If you guys are anything like me you've been waiting for these types of advances. I don't understand why you dudes go out of your way to resist them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There's not any one thing. It's all the things put together. Skyrim voice yells aren't revolutionary but if the kinect makes navigating the menus in ALL games easier then that is a lot of value added to your experience. Same goes for scanning your face in. For an indivudal game it may not sound that great, but if you think about how many times you create a character over the course of a generation then the value starts to build up. Same for automatic sign ins, controller mapping, and other os features. It's the entire package that's worth the money. If devs really do find some compelling ways to enhance core games then that's just the icing on the cake.

I know you are a loner, but most of us have other people around who may use our system. Anyone who has had to manually change profiles/swap controllers this gen, knows how inconvenient it could be. You don't need a camera to resume your play session, but you do need a kinect to be able to say "resume session" and be placed directly into your game.

This is the future of how we will interact with our electronic devices. Growing up, in all the futuristic movies this is how they did it. If you guys are anything like me you've been waiting for these types of advances. I don't understand why you dudes go out of your way to resist them.
you move over to your profile and push a button. it list the profiles when you cut on the console first thing. its not that hard. you're talking about paying $100+ to eliminate about 10 seconds. it takes games longer to load then to switch a profile. the fact of the matter is you still have the controller in your hand because you need it to play the game so eliminating 3 or 4 button presses isn't major.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
No you don't have to use your voice to resume a gaming session.. How lazy can u be breh

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No you don't have to use your voice to resume a gaming session.. How lazy can u be breh
i get what he's saying to an extent. i'll probably use the feature but if it wasn't on the console i wouldn't miss it. i won't miss it on the Playstation 4 because there's not much overhead to switch a profile and load a game save.