Kinect 2.0 is gonna sell the system.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
What makes a gamer a gamer, or are you just making numbers up? Because the sales of kinect is much more than 90% I think the kinect is the fasting selling device ever or something like that. So do tell how where this 90% comes from, or do you just like talking out of your ass?

A gamer for me is a person who buys the console souly for gaming.. And not for gimmicks.. Kinect is basically for people who play games like dance central :scusthov: I bet the sales for kinect are great, but for me it's irrelevant.. Nobody I know gives a shyt about a kinect breh

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
A gamer for me is a person who buys the console souly for gaming.. And not for gimmicks.. Kinect is basically for people who play games like dance central :scusthov: I bet the sales for kinect are great, but for me it's irrelevant.. Nobody I know gives a shyt about a kinect breh
So games are only real games if they use a controller? Dance central is a game that I play but I also have both systems and about 50k gamerscore..so what does that make me or am I in the made up 10%

You are entitled to your opinions on what a gamer is, but making up numbers adds nothing to anything besides your imagination

It could be argued that a gamer is one who plays all types of games, xbox, ps, pc, moble and motion. Rpg, sports, shooters..etc one who desires to play good games no matter where it comes from or how its played.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Comic-Con: The Future of Xbox - IGN

As amazing as that is, Nick had even more surprises. He showed a Kinectic produced mask of his own face that can the be mapped to in-game models. Rather than the gamer pic versions of yourself in games like Rainbow Six, you can now import your own face geometry and even your BMI onto character models in the games. The whole game also tracks your face during gameplay and will reproduce your real life facial expressions on the in game models.
I'm buying the Xbox One despite Kinect not because of it.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
So games are only real games if they use a controller? Dance central is a game that I play but I also have both systems and about 50k gamerscore..so what does that make me or am I in the made up 10%

You are entitled to your opinions on what a gamer is, but making up numbers adds nothing to anything besides your imagination

It could be argued that a gamer is one who plays all types of games, xbox, ps, pc, moble and motion. Rpg, sports, shooters..etc one who desires to play good games no matter where it comes from or how its played.

I'm not making up numbers i'm talking based on my own experience. Out of 15 people I know that are gamers, only about 2 care about kinect, so most of them don't give a shyt about a kinect, me included.. So to me it's irrelevant. But if you enjoy games like dance central good for you, but don't force that shyt down my throat breh n/h

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not making up numbers i'm talking based on my own experience. Out of 15 people I know that are gamers, only about 2 care about kinect, so most of them don't give a shyt about a kinect, me included.. So to me it's irrelevant. But if you enjoy games like dance central good for you, but don't force that shyt down my throat breh n/h

Out of every single person I know nobody cared about or bought a kinect. Yet it sold more than ps3 and xbox 360.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
90% of gamers don't care about kinect.. So it's irrelevant

90% of gamers are extremely ignorant about Kinect. Anyone that uses Kinect currently knows how potentially powerful that technology is. Its truly amazing shyt. Now granted the current Kinect does a piss poor job of acurrately tracking your movements, thereby resulting in many inaccuracies when playing. With Kinect 2.0 the multiple issues with the current Kinect will be dramatically improved, resulting in far more compelling Kinect titles. Furthermore, with this facial bit mapping, its really going to take gaming to the next level! Imagine creating a character in nba live that literally looks exactly like you. Imaging creating a video of you dunking on a Kobe, then creating a youtube video and sharing it! :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
90% of gamers are extremely ignorant about Kinect. Anyone that uses Kinect currently knows how potentially powerful that technology is. Its truly amazing shyt. Now granted the current Kinect does a piss poor job of acurrately tracking your movements, thereby resulting in many inaccuracies when playing. With Kinect 2.0 the multiple issues with the current Kinect will be dramatically improved, resulting in far more compelling Kinect titles. Furthermore, with this facial bit mapping, its really going to take gaming to the next level! Imagine creating a character in nba live that literally looks exactly like you. Imaging creating a video of you dunking on a Kobe, then creating a youtube video and sharing it! :wow:
Like I said in another thread show me how one plays a game like Grand Theft Auto V with only a Kinect and no conventional controller.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said in another thread show me how one plays a game like Grand Theft Auto V with only a Kinect and no conventional controller.

Ignorance is bliss... the new kinect allows you to use the controller and kinect at the same time.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
You've missed the entire point. The Kinect is not going to replace the controller entirely. Its designed to do that for some games, but for the majority it well serve a complimentary role. It would be exhausting to have to play GTA by actually running around your living room like a damn idiot for the entire time.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ignorance is bliss... the new kinect allows you to use the controller and kinect at the same time.
But I don't care about using the Kinect. Forget about all this upload a pic into a game and shout voice commands garbage.

Honestly from a functional standpoint the Wii U pad is more useful than the Kinect.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm not forcing anything on you, just wondering why you were talking out of your ass.

When you say "90% of gamers don't care about kinect.. So it's irrelevant" it makes you sound like a dumb ass no offense considering the sales numbers. The kinect only works on xbox and is the fasting selling device ever. One would assume that more than 10% care about it.

But now that I know you really meant that 90% of gamers you know don't care about kinect.. So it's irrelevant then its all good

As far as dude talking about the kinect replacing the controller, that isn't going to happen, and when people talk about kinect being the future of gaming, they(well at least I) am talking about how it will be used with the controller...but I still think kinect 2.0 only games will be be good, but both type of games will live next to each other

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm not forcing anything on you, just wondering why you were talking out of your ass.

When you say "90% of gamers don't care about kinect.. So it's irrelevant" it makes you sound like a dumb ass no offense considering the sales numbers. The kinect only works on xbox and is the fasting selling device ever. One would assume that more than 10% care about it.

But now that I know you really meant that 90% of gamers you know don't care about kinect.. So it's irrelevant then its all good

As far as dude talking about the kinect replacing the controller, that isn't going to happen, and when people talk about kinect being the future of gaming, they(well at least I) am talking about how it will be used with the controller...but I still think kinect 2.0 only games will be be good, but both type of games will live next to each other
You've missed the entire point. The Kinect is not going to replace the controller entirely. Its designed to do that for some games, but for the majority it well serve a complimentary role. It would be exhausting to have to play GTA by actually running around your living room like a damn idiot for the entire time.
the role the Kinect fills isn't needed.Show me one game that was revolutionary, among the best ever made that uses the Kinect in a way that makes you say that game couldn't be played the same without this device and its a better game for having it. Kinect is a cool tech demo that is impressive to show to people when when you get down to it nobody can really create functional use for it in games that sells anybody outside of the usual Xbox fans on it.

its because all the rest of us know there's nothing the device can really do that's actually needed. its mostly for gimmick games and forced in voice commands.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't get kinect.There is no easier way to control a game than having a controller in the palm of your hand.All this kinect stuff just seems so unnecessary to me.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
But I don't care about using the Kinect. Forget about all this upload a pic into a game and shout voice commands garbage.

Honestly from a functional standpoint the Wii U pad is more useful than the Kinect.
No, you can argue that it has better functions to you because you seem to dismiss anything the kinect can do, so usre think what you want, but dont act like kinect adding options hurts gaming or is a bad thing

Also dont forget xbox has smart glass..did you see them doing things on the tablet on spark and it doing it right on the xbox

Just make sure to keep an open mind when you get your xbox with the kinect because it sounds like its closed, and you are going to be the only person who suffers from the closed.mind..people on the internet aren't going to care if you start having fun with kinect, I personally won't call you fake or anything just because you dismissed features and called them garbage without ever using them in a gaming sense and don't really know how good or bad it will be

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
the role the Kinect fills isn't needed.Show me one game that was revolutionary, among the best ever made that uses the Kinect in a way that makes you say that game couldn't be played the same without this device and its a better game for having it. Kinect is a cool tech demo that is impressive to show to people when when you get down to it nobody can really create functional use for it in games that sells anybody outside of the usual Xbox fans on it.

its because all the rest of us know there's nothing the device can really do that's actually needed. its mostly for gimmick games and forced in voice commands.
Why dismiss a device because it isn't revolutionary? It adds to gaming with a controller simple as that...it improved a game like skyrim with voice commands. In a game like that with so many spells it helps to be able to just say the ones you need without having to bring up a long ass list...it made it so you can spend more time playing the game instead of in menus

Get it out of your head that kinects needs to be a super device that will replace the controller..you don't like the new one without even using it, you seem like you hate the device w/e your lost :yeshrug:

Also this is gaming fukk what's not needed give me everything, was online really needed?

Not before it got big, I can tell you that