Kick-starter for a Black Amazon.com called Webuyblack

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Idea ok, but if you are business person one thing you know that stands true is the color that matters is GREEN....white people know that well look at the NFL, NBA professional sports leagues....but black people still stuck in their let's help "black" business if you product is excellent you don't need to target a certain demographic....we end up encouraging mediocrity because it's meant for blacks....but good for them they have put something up

which is why Black people should do what they do best when it comes to doing business with other Black people and critique the business model, vendors, user experience and whatever else they can critique and have the owners of sites and businesses like these consider how they can improve based on the feedback. Sites like Amazon wouldn't be as successful as they are without their customer reviewing products and experience using Amazon.

If we end up encouraging mediocrity and there's not even a single person to call it out then we have collectively failed.

Scuti

Superstar
Daps
i would've bought from here for my sis or mom for christmas had i knew

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Idea ok, but if you are business person one thing you know that stands true is the color that matters is GREEN....white people know that well look at the NFL, NBA professional sports leagues....but black people still stuck in their let's help "black" business if you product is excellent you don't need to target a certain demographic....we end up encouraging mediocrity because it's meant for blacks....but good for them they have put something up
this is not universally true ... look at the arts for example ... we bring out our best there for other Blacks ..

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
I agree about the name I love the idea, but the name shouldn't push people other people away. Do them like they do us. We want their money. You don't want to just exist. You want to grow and compete. The site is cool too. I wish I had known before Christmas shopping. I love the idea of there being one place I can go like Amazon for everything.

Regardless of the name I am going to support.

Great idea! I finished most of my Christmas shopping. Got to get some last few things. Might get my dad the auto emergency kit :lupe:.

I also think what stops black people from shopping is that I truly feel like we do not trust ourselves enough. For instance...I get my pedicure every week and I notice that a lot of black people go to the Asians who really don't do a great job, especially when it comes to Acylics on the hands. Black women have that stuff down packed. I wish more black people will put trust in black businesses. I love seeing black businesses. Even if this website doesn't work I love the fact that we got something up and running.

Additionally not to put down other black business I want more black business to look into creating tools, machinery, and etc instead of just clothing/Jewelry. Not knocking what we have, but just wanted to make a suggestion.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
I don't want to buy t-shirts and trinkets

Yeah no offense to any black business out there and I support us working on our own, but I do want us to step up what we create. Correct me if I am wrong, but I mostly see clothes, jewelry, soap, and etc. I would really love if we got into tools, machinery, kitchen appliances, and technology. I understand that it is not as easy. That's why I get annoyed at China being in Africa. African does not need China as much as China needs Africa. As black people we can literally do this on our own.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Great idea! I finished most of my Christmas shopping. Got to get some last few things. Might get my dad the auto emergency kit :lupe:.

I also think what stops black people from shopping is that I truly feel like we do not trust ourselves enough. For instance...I get my pedicure every week and I notice that a lot of black people go to the Asians who really don't do a great job, especially when it comes to Acylics on the hands. Black women have that stuff down packed. I wish more black people will put trust in black businesses. I love seeing black businesses. Even if this website doesn't work I love the fact that we got something up and running.

Additionally not to put down other black business I want more black business to look into creating tools, machinery, and etc instead of just clothing/Jewelry. Not knocking what we have, but just wanted to make a suggestion.

I agree with the bolded we have been programmed to think other is better. We also are more critical of ourselves and let other people get away with more than we allow ourselves using anything as an excuse to withdraw support.

The thing I liked most about the site were what I didn't expect like detergent and the auto kit. While I agree we need more things I can still support what they have. I was also thinking of sending them information about the black owned businesses I know of. Like the black paper (toilet tissue, paper towels etc) company that would go good the home section. The watch company and bevel. They also will probably have to work out contracts with bigger companies to allow them to offer their products on the website. That could possibly be in the works. Hopefully the site will grow and offer more things.

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
they should rethink it and maybe even change it to cast a wider net, we do want Black people to buy Black but we also want non-Black people to buy products from this website as well.

Thats real talk you entice all groups to purchase your products and empower yourself but at the same time I can understand the defiant statement in the name. Especially after all this time without an economic base to practice commerce in.

yyy

All Star
Daps
Will they turn away people of other races who want to sell there? And what is the vetting process. Regardless, most of these vendors would be wise to cross list their goods on Amazon so that they can reach a larger market.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I agree with the bolded we have been programmed to think other is better. We also are more critical of ourselves and let other people get away with more than we allow ourselves using anything as an excuse to withdraw support.

The thing I liked most about the site were what I didn't expect like detergent and the auto kit. While I agree we need more things I can still support what they have. I was also thinking of sending them information about the black owned businesses I know of. Like the black paper (toilet tissue, paper towels etc) company that would go good the home section. The watch company and bevel. They also will probably have to work out contracts with bigger companies to allow them to offer their products on the website. That could possibly be in the works. Hopefully the site will grow and offer more things.
fukk outta here with this we talk nikka. Maybe its you and yours but ain't no fukking we here. nikka always on this bullshyt trying to sound different smfh