Kick-starter for a Black Amazon.com called Webuyblack

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I bookmarked the site and will support. I'm iffy about the name for many reasons and I think they should rethink it and maybe even change it to cast a wider net, we do want Black people to buy Black but we also want non-Black people to buy products from this website as well.

I have a few suggestions:

1. We should move this thread to The Root and sticky it and use it to critique the site and offer suggestions of things we think they could do to improve the site and submit those ideas to them every so often.

2. We should post any bugs we find on the site that they may have overlooked because Black people are EXTRA critical when buying from other Black people and will be turned off by the smallest things such as spelling errors in a product or store description. This doesn't have to be a chore, just something we report when we run across.

example:
BFSKkw4.png

3. We won't know if the vendors are Black, there is literally no way to be 100% sure without some sort of very rigorous vetting process. this should encourage vendors to make youtube videos of their manufacturing processes, their employers, background on who they are etc. The vendors who do this will naturally have more 'clout' on the website as their 'Blackness' has been verified.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree about the name I love the idea, but the name shouldn't push people other people away. Do them like they do us. We want their money. You don't want to just exist. You want to grow and compete. The site is cool too. I wish I had known before Christmas shopping. I love the idea of there being one place I can go like Amazon for everything.

Regardless of the name I am going to support.

I actually like the title because it designates that it is a site catered towards blacks. If the name was any different it might draw in sellers from other races too.

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
We should post any bugs we find on the site that they may have overlooked because Black people are EXTRA critical when buying from other Black people
Ain't that the truth. :wow: I don't like the idea of calling this a Black Amazon though. In fact, I dislike anything that tries to be the "Black counterpart" to a "White product/service." For one, it tends to bring out the worse in some Black folks, the very people the "counterpart" is intending to aid. :aicmon:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I actually like the title because it designates that it is a site catered towards blacks. If the name was any different it might draw in sellers from other races too.

Maybe :ehh: I still think they should change consider changing it for the reason I mentioned. I really don't think the name would cause non black sellers shy away from the site. If anything it might draw them. The black dollar is known. We ate known as spenders. I also wonder how they recruit for the site.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree about the name I love the idea, but the name shouldn't push people other people away. Do them like they do us. We want their money. You don't want to just exist. You want to grow and compete. The site is cool too. I wish I had known before Christmas shopping. I love the idea of there being one place I can go like Amazon for everything.

Regardless of the name I am going to support.

Right attitude

Daps
Reppin
StoicPhilosphers
Idea ok, but if you are business person one thing you know that stands true is the color that matters is GREEN....white people know that well look at the NFL, NBA professional sports leagues....but black people still stuck in their let's help "black" business if you product is excellent you don't need to target a certain demographic....we end up encouraging mediocrity because it's meant for blacks....but good for them they have put something up