Kick-starter for a Black Amazon.com called Webuyblack

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
browsing the site, im not feeling some of these prices. for example, they're selling an auto emergency kit for 30 bucks. i purchased 2 of the exact models for ~15 bucks awhile back from amazon.

So don't buy it lol I'm willing to pay a little extra to support and I need one, so thanks fot the drop.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Basically. But let these other brehs tell it, @UserNameless must be a cac

:heh:

... anybody who claims to be black on this site or irl who tries to suppress the critical thinking of other blacks is suspect and his/her attempt at suppression won't be forgotten.

What they don't understand is that Critical thinking and rigorous inquiry is not analogous to non support.

:usure:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So don't buy it lol I'm willing to pay a little extra to support and I need one, so thanks fot the drop.

i'm willing to pay more to support black business as well. however, if they're just buying chinaware and charging double the retail; is it really black business? i want to purchase stuff that's being manufactured by blacks.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:heh:

... anybody who claims to be black on this site or irl who tries to suppress the critical thinking of other blacks is suspect and his/her attempt at suppression won't be forgotten.

There's a difference between offering constructive criticism, like Matt, vs the other ones in this thread who seemingly only come to cause division and block any sort of black progress. Talking bout "this will never work", and all this other stupid negative shyt.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
this shyt gonna die slow with that name. chinese restaurants didn't become successful by being exclusive to chinese customers

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm willing to pay more to support black business as well. however, if they're just buying chinaware and charging double the retail; is it really black business? i want to purchase stuff that's being manufactured by blacks.

For now since we don't manufacture much, the next best thing would be to act as distributors- smart bulk buying, mark up, re/sell. Then use the knowledge and capital we gain to go into production for ourselves. Did you really think this site was going to only sell stuff manufactured by blacks?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For now since we don't manufacture much, the next best thing would be to act as distributors- smart bulk buying, mark up, re/sell. Then use the knowledge and capital we gain to go into production for ourselves. Did you really think this site was going to only sell stuff manufactured by blacks?
i'm just not feeling that alot of stuff on this site is china shyt with high markups. that's not the true essence of supporting black business to me. even if you're going to sell me shyt like ashley furniture, why is it more expensive than what i can pay at the ashley furniture store?

hopefully this site isn't a ruse and it develops in the future. but if i'm going to pay a 200-300% tax, it needs to be created by blacks as well.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm just not feeling that alot of stuff on this site is china shyt with high markups. that's not the true essence of supporting black business to me. even if you're going to sell me shyt like ashley furniture, why is it more expensive than what i can pay at the ashley furniture store?

hopefully this site isn't a ruse and it develops in the future. but if i'm going to pay a 200-300% tax, it needs to be created by blacks as well.

Lol have you contacted the site with your concerns? Or did you come straight here to deter others from shopping with them?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol have you contacted the site with your concerns? Or did you come straight here to deter others from shopping with them?
i'm discussing it here like everyone else. i'm not trying to deter others, y'all can spend your money however you choose. in fact, there's beauty/hygiene products on there i'll probably pick up.

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA

By all means if you think they are lieing about being black owned check it to make sure and everything starts from somewhere you act like we are just going to have tons of black owned manufacturing companies all at once out of no where this is a start

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
By all means if you think they are lieing about being black owned check it to make sure and everything starts from somewhere you act like we are just going to have tons of black owned manufacturing companies all at once out of no where this is a start
i understand that. but would you buy a 350 dollar ps4 for 450, just because the seller is black?

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm discussing it here like everyone else. i'm not trying to deter others, y'all can spend your money however you choose. in fact, there's beauty/hygiene products on there i'll probably pick up.

So the answer is no, you didn't address your concerns with the company. Instead you came here to point out the higher prices and speculate that the Chinese actually own the site. Possibly deterring those who read this site from giving them a shot. So really you don't actually care about supporting them, you have another agenda.

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
i understand that. but would you buy a 350 dollar ps4 for 450, just because the seller is black?

With in mind that black people dont own a lot of business and how I want to support black owned companies and create our own economy like BlackWallStreet yes I would

Sacrifices must be made for the betterment of the race as a whole this is how I think not only about myself . We are not in a position to only look out for me myself and I.

If I have to spend a bit more money for the black race to come up socioeconomically then I will do what I have to