Kick-starter for a Black Amazon.com called Webuyblack

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With in mind that black people dont own a lot of business and how I want to support black owned companies and create our own economy like black wall street yes I would
that's admirable, breh. i just couldn't role like that.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So the answer is no, you didn't address your concerns with the company. Instead you came here to point out the higher prices and speculate that the Chinese actually own the site. Possibly deterring those who read this site from giving them a shot. So really you don't actually care about supporting them, you have another agenda.
the point of this thread is to discuss the site. i am speculating if the site could be asian owned, because a lot of the products are just marked up china goods. if you think pointing that out is an agenda, so be it.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I both understand and agree with the intent behind this whole project. But sadly I don't think it will work. The whole prospect of black group economics only appeals to conscious black people which make up a small percentage of the black community. You're going to have to sell c00n shyt to lure people in first and foremost. Black women love weave and some are willing to forego paying their bills just to get new weave -- so sell that. Black men love their Jordans, etc.

An eCommerce website has to be a novel idea to get people interested. Simply making it about black sellers isn't enough. And making it a generic eCommerce site that happens to have black sellers isn't a novel idea. Racial politics doesn't blend well with economics. People aren't going to give you money simply because you're black or whatever. They will spend money on a product they want.

This has to be a revolutionary idea that's marketed heavily towards black people.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
It's about hypocrisy. If WeBuyWhite.com popped up y'all would be in tears about the INJUSTICE.

Also, this site smells of some guy trying to profit off of the problems going on in America today. If they really wanted to make a difference they would build a site like this, allow all sellers and market it as donating a percentage of the profits to impoverished black youth, black businesses and other black causes. Why would you want to push toward resegregation for any reason other than trying to make a profit off people angry at America? FFS they named the site "WeBuyBlack"...

Do you get riled up every time you pass by a Chinese food spot too.
"Bu bu but, why isn't there a White King Express restaurant, too? Hypocrites
KCFHdbY.png
"

My point wasn't about the name or even the website, it's about you and the couple of people in this thread whining about black people resegregating because we simply want to take control of the black dollar. You can choose not to be about it, but to sit around and bytch about people trying to find ways to come together is retarded

No one is forcing you to embrace the ideas of group economic. You'll be alright

WuDatWuDat

All Star
Daps
Do you get riled up every time you pass by a Chinese food spot too.
"Bu bu but, why isn't there a White King Express restaurant, too? Hypocrites
KCFHdbY.png
"

My point wasn't about the name or even the website, it's about you and the couple of people in this thread whining about black people resegregating because we simply want to take control of the black dollar. You can choose not to be about it, but to sit around and bytch about people trying to find ways to come together is retarded

No one is forcing you to embrace the ideas of group economic. You'll be alright

Chinese food thing isn't even comparable, strong grasp.

I'm just saying, this is a desperate attempt for the founder to make a dollar out of what is going on in America today. They'd do better for the black community by making a website allowing all sellers and donating a portion of their earnings to benefit black youth and black communities. They could make a note that certain companies selling are black-owned, but going all out with a site name like "WeBuyBlack" just reeks of desperation.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
As an honest and caring white man, would you be willing to tell us "black folks" just how exactly "the game is played"? :lupe:
im not white.

but having a site titled Webuyblack is just dumb.
You have to be more subtle.
Make a site w/ a generic name and work to add & advertise black owned businesses...
...making it race specific is just dumb and opens you up to problems.

White people have money too...you dont want their dollars?
How are you going to have a successful business only trying to get 13% of the country?

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
im not white.

but having a site titled Webuyblack is just dumb.
You have to be more subtle.
Make a site w/ a generic name and work to add & advertise black owned businesses...
...making it race specific is just dumb and opens you up to problems.

White people have money too...you dont want their dollars?
How are you going to have a successful business only trying to get 13% of the country?

No, you're definitely a white man as I'm familiar with some of the comments you've posted on this site. And if white people such as yourself choose to be offended by the name then fukk you. It's as simple as that. Establishing a core BLACK base is more important than appealing to you outsiders. :yeshrug:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
No, you're definitely a white man as I'm familiar with some of the comments you've posted on this site. And if white people such as yourself choose to be offended by the name then fukk you. It's as simple as that. Establishing a core BLACK base is more important than appealing to you outsiders. :yeshrug:
lol @ you thinking all black people have to think alike.

This is business...not charity.
Nobody (including black people) is going to shop somewhere just because a specific race is on there.
A large customer base is more important than anything. Revenue.
Alienating people from your business is just asking for problems.

What he is saying in this video is that your business must be correct..."Black owned" is not a hook to get people to buy. It alienates the majority of people...and the connotation it carries is that black people should buy from you even if your product is inferior...basically charity.

Thats not how the world works.

Last edited:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bout to support the fuxn outta this. And vend on it :wow:

This is one of those moments where a coli push would be great and a moment for coli Brehs to maybe make a move on all that shyt we like to talk..

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't read this thread but, I bet it's rampant with people offering the most harch criticism you have ever in your life heard about anything. Also people will probably claim its racist. Also people will say for what ever reason they don't want to use it. But smart black folks will see the potential growth and win. Like the people who were smart enough to pull our resources to start a black market. Now we can expand with our brilliant black minds. Who gonna build computers and sell them on there? Who gonna sell food? Who gonna write a children's book and sell it on there? Who gonna have that item that blows the site up? Some one built the place all we gotta do is use it..

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i would probably start the store with a theme first, then if it grows exponentially, expand into selling everything like amazon. amazon started out just selling books, and grew to logical niches as the site got more powerful. this store probably should be doing the same thing.