KG (in response to Ant Man)- "If im being honest, I don't think anyone in this generation could've played 20 years ago"

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Brehs who say I'm trolling most of you, started watching Basketball in 2008. We can't have a discussion.

If you weren't watching basketball on a daily when Memphis was known as Vancouver don't even reply to me.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
He could not create his own shot. 1st year or 2nd year Curry would have NOT be able to create his own shot off the dribble in 1994

He would have been a "spot up" shooter just like he Dad was and many other shooters like him.

BJ was in the triangle and had a player name MJ, who defenses focused on, he will get open looks, but when he went to the Hornets his numbers started declining each year, why was that?
Curry came into the league with a better handle than BJ. What you’re not getting is that BJ handle was extremely subpar. Extremely. Curry came in more skilled.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Kobe was literally the youngest player in NBA history his rookie year, and nobody has ever argued that 18 year old Steph would’ve been good in the NBA in any era :what:

You just rambling incoherently at this point

I literally stated, in my very 1st post, don't look at Curry how he is NOW, I literally said this, I went on to say, Curry wouldn't have not even made it to the Curry who he is NOW if he was to play in that Era. I literally started off saying this because I knew many would come reply using 4 rings 2 MVP Curry, which is NOT my plight nor KG or Paul's plight.

They wouldn't have even gotten to this peak if they were in that ERA is the point.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Curry came into the league with a better handle than BJ. What you’re not getting is that BJ handle was extremely subpar. Extremely. Curry came in more skilled.

As I stated, folks like to tell folks "who played in the era" who would be doing what and how in that era

I'll stick with what KG and Paul on this one. They've played in that era, you and others are on the sideline.

Theflash

Pro
Daps
Brehs who say I'm trolling most of you, started watching Basketball in 2008. We can't have a discussion.

If you weren't watching basketball on a daily when Memphis was known as Vancouver don't even reply to me.
Bryant reeves would give kg work and yea you were the only one with a tv at home to watch basketball. You used to watch all 6 rounds of the nba draft too right… bunch of part time electricians and construction workers getting drafted while on the shift :umad: :camby: :flabbynsick:

Daps
As I stated, folks like to tell folks "who played in the era" who would be doing what and how in that era

I'll stick with what KG and Paul on this one. They've played in that era, you and others are on the sideline.
You ready for this one?

:mjgrin:

"I don't think guys from 20 years ago could play this game," Garnett said.

But the former Timberwolves and Celtics star lauded the modern game, saying the current play is "on another level."
He even issued a challenge to those who disagreed.

"I don't know if even the guards from 20 or 30 years ago could play in this time right here," the "Uncut Gems" star said. "It's creative. It's competitive. It's saucy. You'll get dropped! A [expletive] will cross you over and break your ACL these days. The game is in a great place."

Given you're riding with KG on this, I take it you're going to walk back every single thing you've said in this thread?

:mjlit:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
You ready for this one?

:mjgrin:

"I don't think guys from 20 years ago could play this game," Garnett said.

But the former Timberwolves and Celtics star lauded the modern game, saying the current play is "on another level."
He even issued a challenge to those who disagreed.

"I don't know if even the guards from 20 or 30 years ago could play in this time right here," the "Uncut Gems" star said. "It's creative. It's competitive. It's saucy. You'll get dropped! A [expletive] will cross you over and break your ACL these days. The game is in a great place."

Given you're riding with KG on this, I take it you're going to walk back every single thing you've said in this thread?

:mjlit:

That's how he feels on that take.

I am riding with KG and Paul on the take with them stating that the modern players wouldn't play in that ERA.

You tripping over your own feet trying to catch me, sad breh

NYC Rebel

Daps

Niqqa, I'm older than both Paul and KD.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
What you mean on "that take?" The state of today's game and who could play in it is suddenly different to him in two years?

These niqqas are reactionary and aint principled.

I don't know what he feel with what he said 2 years ago. Maybe you or anyone can tweet him and ask him. I'm sure he'll respond, if you don't have a twitter account, create one, if you don't wanna create one, let it go and stop projecting how YOU feel. You can ask the man if you really want to know and get some clarity

Ask him about how he feels today if he will still stand on that statement from 2 years ago, I'm speaking on the fact that this gen can't play in the Era he was talking about in that clip the other day.

That's what I'm focused on. I'm not moving the goal post like many others who have replied to me have tried.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I don't know what he feel with what he said 2 years ago. Maybe you or anyone can tweet him and ask him. I'm sure he'll respond, if you don't have a twitter account, create one, if you don't wanna create one, let it go and stop projecting how YOU feel. You can ask the man if you really want to know and get some clarity

Ask him about how he feels today if he will still stand on that statement from 2 years ago, I'm speaking on the fact that this gen can't play in the Era he was talking about in that clip the other day.

That's what I'm focused on. I'm not moving the goal post like many others who have replied to me have tried.
He "reacted" to a comment by Ant today. He was triggered. He had a defensive reaction, and rightfully so. No one should sit by and hear someone shytting on their time in the league. But it's his generation of players who led the charge of shytting on today's players, mostly doing so out of contract money jealousy. No other league of older players act more bytch made than older NBA players from my generation.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I also think the game would look a lot different if players actually aspired to play a full season instead of 55-65 games a year. Stars now seem like they only play about 75% of the season and barely play back to back games. A lot of what people criticize the 90s and 2000s for is based on the illusion that the talent gap is that wide but it isn't. The NBA adapted a more Eurocentric style of play and young players want to emulate Steph over LeBron because you can develop a shot, you can't teach genetics. Ant is a dope player but he's nothing we haven't seen over the last 30 years. And KG is right, they wouldn't allow no triple stepback 3s because people actually played both ends of the floor. People say players are more skilled but defense is a skill too that people forget about.

Daps
That's how he feels on that take.

I am riding with KG and Paul on the take with them stating that the modern players wouldn't play in that ERA.

You tripping over your own feet trying to catch me, sad breh
Did you even read what I posted? He's contradicting himself.

He's also saying that players from that ERA wouldn't play in today's game.

Do I even need to point out the obvious here?