Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
A chick I'm friends with on Facebook and that I follow on Instagram has her own baking business. She has CEO in her title on IG. Always on that "I'm a boss" tip but she's 26 and still lives at home with her mama and siblings and has never lived alone. At the most she's making like 2k a month baking cakes, cookies, cupcakes, etc. Always talking about how can people work a job for 10+ years and that she'll never do that. Now she is a cute girl and I thought about trying to get at her but her delusions are a turnoff.

lotta folks come off like they are reading a script and the delusion is really just how they cope with their insecurities

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I feel like Kevin Samuels is exaggerating with this income necessary to raise a family type of thing. You can easily raise a family on a 200k combined income, this nikka be talking about you need 400k to do it in Atlanta or any major city :dahell:. If you're trying to be elite then yes, but most regular people would be fine with far less. Our grandparents did it on a shoestring income. 200k is not poverty anywhere.
Yeah that's where he looses me. I know a couple who combined make a little over 100k annually, have four children, a nice house, two good cars, and live a comfortable middle class lifestyle. Saying making 300k+ year to live a comfortable lifestyle in most cities is insane. :pachaha:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So I'll be honest with you this is merely a case of living outside of your means. You can be a multi millionaire and ball as such but you cannot ball out like a billionaire. You're talking about a 2500 a month mortgage when you only bring in 6500 a month. That's just silly and nearly half your monthly income. Ball, but ball in your court. :ufdup:

If the average home is now going for 280-300, how much should a person who makes “a lot” be able to afford?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah that's where he looses me. I know a couple who combined make a little over 100k annually, have four children, a nice house, two good cars, and live a comfortable middle class lifestyle. Saying making 300k+ year to live a comfortable lifestyle in most cities is insane. :pachaha:

Yes his numbers are absolutely off

I’ve heard him tell women that they need a man making like 350k to be a stay at home wife with 2 kids in Houston

you don’t need a top 1 percent income for that :dead:

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the average home is now going for 280-300, how much should a person who makes “a lot” be able to afford?

Did a quick search on zillow, plenty of nice looking homes sub 2. They say 25-30 percent of your income should go to the mortgage. Hello, 200k puts your mortgage around 1.2k.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
A chick I'm friends with on Facebook and that I follow on Instagram has her own baking business. She has CEO in her title on IG. Always on that "I'm a boss" tip but she's 26 and still lives at home with her mama and siblings and has never lived alone. At the most she's making like 2k a month baking cakes, cookies, cupcakes, etc. Always talking about how can people work a job for 10+ years and that she'll never do that. Now she is a cute girl and I thought about trying to get at her but her delusions are a turnoff.

Peter Pan Syndrome is real in our community

Last edited:

Reno89

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
But as some of us know, men will have sex with women that they would never date seriously or even be seen with them. Never confuse who you can have sex with as someone that would date or marry you.

Exactly. It's Like a Man basing his standards off of women that will let him pay her bills

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
Second-hand embarrassment by this thread having 464 pages - but then again - :hubie:

giphy.gif