Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I know someone who did it and makes well over 6 figures. Not saying it was easy for him but you have to put in the work. I heard the key is Networking because if you get on a certain coaching staff that leads to more job opportunities.
The key is always networking. I don't get how y'all dudes don't know this by now in damn near everything.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The key is always networking. I don't get how y'all dudes don't know this by now in damn near everything.
The dude I'm talking about is a family member. So I've seen his journey since Pop Warner and High School to coaching.

Once he got to college there is a whole Network of people from certain coaching trees you can plugin with everywhere.

Coaches will literally bring their whole coaching staff with them from school to school or even to the pros. And even if that head coach retires or gets fired. He'll literally have disciples that coached under him at other programs that will bring you on. Working on the right persons coaching staff can literally define your career after college.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The dude I'm talking about is a family member. So I've seen his journey since Pop Warner and High School to coaching.

Once he got to college there is a whole Network of people from certain coaching trees you can plugin with everywhere.

Coaches will literally bring their whole coaching staff with them from school to school or even to the pros. And even if that head coach retires or gets fired. He'll literally have disciples that coached under him at other programs that will bring you on. Working on the right persons coaching staff can literally define your career after college.
Yeah this is life but truth is too many on here are ran by emotions. A lot of,these same dudes will be on the blacks need to look out for each other(which I can agree with) but weirdly not understand how/why people should be trying to network if you have the skills on a given task. How do you think the random white person some will complain about got his job even though they might not be qualified? Usually a friend of a friend something like that. Hell my sister got a internship this summer paying 5k a week because of my dad and his connections. That's just life to be honest in most cases.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Whatever dude you got all the answers.
:yeshrug:

there’s definitely big money in coaching. shyt, you got 2nd assistants for women’s basketball getting 6 figures. but yeah obviously every athlete can’t do it

there’s a huge market for parents w/ bread paying for one on one basketball training for their talentless kids :dead:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
there’s definitely big money in coaching. shyt, you got 2nd assistants for women’s basketball getting 6 figures. but yeah obviously every athlete can’t do it

there’s a huge market for parents w/ bread paying for one on one basketball training for their talentless kids :dead:

my point is there is a finite number of positions. Its the same way you have millions of Mass Comm Majors trying to get a handful of Radio jobs back in the day, when the top paying people sit in their jobs for 10-20yrs. There aren't new colleges just springing annually with D1-D2 programs paying people top dollar.
:mjlol:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

you literally state when new coaches come in they bring their whole network. Pair that in with there once again being a finite number of roles due to there being a finite number of schools existing (due to College conferences on top of having the revenue to even havre a legit sports program), why on earth would you propose coaching as if it is some simply avenue. You are having to compete against former athletes who were pros who have more name recognition that you on top of the network aspects (i.e. did you go to the right university and have a noticeable career to even be taken under someones wing for the HOPE that your mentor gets a top job so they can bring you along).

:russ::russ::russ::russ:

you'd be better of using your 4-5 years to major in something worth a damn and getting a job to make the same money in less time.

The head coach at Tuskegee aint smelling the same salary as the Strength and conditioning coordinator at UAB more than likely. And getting a job as head coach at a Tuskegee is not an easy job at all.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I didn't even know it was that kind of bread in athletics outside of making it to pros. But even the lowliest assistant coach on these NFL teams are making 6 figures. And if you mess around and make the playoffs or the team wins the Super Bowl you're talking about huge bonuses on top of your salary.

My co-workers pay big money for gymnastics, tennis golfing etc lessons for their kids. So these people who own training academies are making bank. It's literally its own cottage industry these days training rich kids it seems. Not sure how things are going during the pandemic for these places.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you literally state when new coaches come in they bring their whole network. Pair that in with there once again being a finite number of roles due to there being a finite number of schools existing (due to College conferences on top of having the revenue to even havre a legit sports program), why on earth would you propose coaching as if it is some simply avenue. You are having to compete against former athletes who were pros who have more name recognition that you on top of the network aspects (i.e. did you go to the right university and have a noticeable career to even be taken under someones wing for the HOPE that your mentor gets a top job so they can bring you along).

:russ::russ::russ::russ:

you'd be better of using your 4-5 years to major in something worth a damn and getting a job to make the same money in less time.

The head coach at Tuskegee aint smelling the same salary as the Strength and conditioning coordinator at UAB more than likely. And getting a job as head coach at a Tuskegee is not an easy job at all.
I'll ask my family member about it again but I remember him saying there was more money in college than in the pros. But I thought it had more to do with better job security in college. Plus everyone has to pay an agent in the pros to negotiate salary. These smaller tier schools probably pay way less but I know they make 6 figures.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
I disagree. Her husband seems like a genuinely good guy, altho a bit beta but he married her, can't be mad at Serena getting what she could. After you make a certain income, is it really dating down? We're talking multiples of millions, your lifestyle isn't going to change. She makes more but it's not like either is struggling, he could have dated and married a better looking black woman if it's all about buying a better woman. I don't even think Common had more money than dude.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Kevin stay with the technical glitches :
The sound delays
The background noise
The loud ass sound clips
You muted yourself
Get off bluetooth
Feedback
Zoom issues

shyt is low-key hilarious :mjlol::russ:

That one lady that called with loud ass reverb sounding like she was in a church :mjlol:

Another one with crazy delay like she was calling from the future and shyt :mjlol: