Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Shorty did catch him in a contradiction, but I understood what he meant when he said people mix up what he's saying.

If you're dating to get married he did say 6 months is the minimum in his opinion to get married. I've also heard him stretch it from 6 months to a year. 2 years was always the max length I've heard him mention in the past though. All of that is reasonable imo.

The thing is....the Beyonce example fits a different argument of his and you can't really tie the two together. Him always mentioning women finding the high value potential guys in college and locking them down into long term relationships where you grow into marriage is more in line with the Beyonce example. You had chicks call up before that met their Jayz in college, but dumped him cuz they thought they could do better after graduating. Dude continues on to boss up and have options, while shorty is stuck with a career with good money and no man.

All that 6 months shyt is for the danger zone type or near danger zone chicks that wanna get married, but aimlessly date without a purpose, wasting years of their primes. The ones that will date a nikka for 3 years and never once bring up that they wanna get married or set ultimatums etc.....

Kevin got caught off guard and wasn't prepared to break down his own game. :mjlol:

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
I don't agree with the 6 month rule for young cats but after listening to Kevin for a while, I'd imagine he could pull it off. I mean, he can break down women to the core in a 10 minute phone call. Even the ones that call in trying to act all proper and submissive, he exposes their true nature in a few minutes. Honestly, most dudes are walking on eggshells when they meet new women. Myself included. nikkas don't ask the right questions. That's why it takes 2-3 years to get to know somebody. I still don't think young cats should be getting married in under 6 months but if you asking the right questions, you should know in less than 6 months if the woman has wifey potential or not.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Semi monthly you're bringing in a little over 4k before taxes. That is a ton of money breh..most people don't even make half of that.
If you live in a major city and drive a new car that's over half your take home pay right there. Especially since companies who pay these really high salaries also tend to be located in high cost of living areas.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You must be a family man or something then. If you're making 100+ in Texas as a single man you can ball entirely the way out. :manny:

i worked with single dudes who were making 150-200k for 4-5 years straight and they didn’t have 20k in the bank

let’s say you’re single and you’re making 100k, that’s like 77k a year after taxes. Let’s round it to 6500 a month

They say you should save/invest 20 percent of your money, so that’s 1300. We’re down to 5,200

you live here
258 W 28th Street, Houston, TX 77008 - HAR.com

let’s say you put down 10 percent (assuming you got 40k to spare) and get a 3 percent interest rate

After paying the homeowners fees, insurance, pmi, taxes and mortgage you’re looking at like 2500 a month, maybe a lil more

you’re down to $2,700

you want a 40k car, that’s about 600 (assuming you make a downpayment) with very low interest over 5 years

you’re down to 2100

you need car insurance (200)

Now you’re at 1,900

Utilities - phone (90), internet (70), cable substitutes (20), groceries (250) water/gas/electric - 150 - thats 580

Now you’re at 1320 left per month or a little under 16k for the year

between eating out weekly, going on multiple trips, going to clubs, buying gifts for family, clothes, buying random nice shyt for yourself, random shyt happening/breaking that you gotta deal with....I dunno breh

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Shorty did catch him in a contradiction, but I understood what he meant when he said people mix up what he's saying.

If you're dating to get married he did say 6 months is the minimum in his opinion to get married. I've also heard him stretch it from 6 months to a year. 2 years was always the max length I've heard him mention in the past though. All of that is reasonable imo.

The thing is....the Beyonce example fits a different argument of his and you can't really tie the two together. Him always mentioning women finding the high value potential guys in college and locking them down into long term relationships where you grow into marriage is more in line with the Beyonce example. You had chicks call up before that met their Jayz in college, but dumped him cuz they thought they could do better after graduating. Dude continues on to boss up and have options, while shorty is stuck with a career with good money and no man.

All that 6 months shyt is for the danger zone type or near danger zone chicks that wanna get married, but aimlessly date without a purpose, wasting years of their primes. The ones that will date a nikka for 3 years and never once bring up that they wanna get married or set ultimatums etc.....

Kevin got caught off guard and wasn't prepared to break down his own game. :mjlol:
Yeah that’s what I was saying; it’s for the chicks gain. Kevin should have never said “if beyonce can wait, then you can wait.”

When he said that I knew people peeped.

All he has to do in a situation like that again is just say celebrities are different (which they are) so they don’t have the same rules.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute

All of that is to say he needs a lot more nuance in his arguments. Which is what I’ve been saying and nikkas got butthurt.

Just speaking in generalities can end up doing more harm than good in terms of the potential confusion it causes. Life isn’t as black and white as he likes to paint it. It’s akin to coaching football. A coach just coming to the game with a rigid game plan will rarely be as successful one who understands the nuances of situational football.

He should do shows where he focuses on a certain age range, only accepts those callers and give targeted advice based on the situation.

But, casting a wide net and speaking in generalities generates more views, so he’ll keep with the formula.

Last edited:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Yeah that’s what I was saying; it’s for the chicks gain. Kevin should have never said “if beyonce can wait, then you can wait.”

When he said that I knew people peeped.

All he has to do in a situation like that again is just say celebrities are different (which they are) so they don’t have the same rules.

He often says he doesn’t focus on athletes and entertainers when talking about HVM. So, why even use the Beyonce as a case study for women?

It was used to hammer home a point that women should stay in relationships in which they are cheated on, which I disagree with.

It’s easy to tell women that until it is your blood it is happening to.

Last edited:

King Poetic

Grandfather of….
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Sea
IDK.

60k seems like good money if you're not retarded.

You aren't buying benz cash but then again its called luxury for a reason :yeshrug:

Most these bad women are just women doing bad anyway. Last bytch I fukked is a solid 8/9 and strugglin to make ends meet cuz her job is bartending. Some nikka gon save her eventually but it damn sure aint gonna be me :hubie:

60k is great money... it all depends how u handle your money

my uncle made $40,000 a year and ended up having his own home and was able to travel... why?? Because he wasn’t going out buying $50,000 cars, buying the latest fashion clothes, tricking on hoes..

my other uncle made over$120,000 a year and really didn’t have much because him and his wife wanted to live this Fabolous life, buying 2 Mercedes, getting a over priced house, etc

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Facts. I have no qualms on saying some advice from all of these dudes is contradicting. I said same thing when he said she waited and if ladies can wait like her.

I’ve been saying that marrying quick helps the woman out more than the man.

You rush to marry a chick as a high value man for what?

Even KS hasn’t said that it benefits a man, he says that to women so they can get married faster and not be single.

That advice is not for men.

:manny:

He also kind of contradicted himself a little when he was talking down on men earning a low income before.

He talked down on them just like women do.

I know tonight he was talking more about dudes making 50k and working trades, but in the same light how can he get angry when women talk down on them, when he also talked down on people who make low wages?

These dudes are making an honest living why judge them if they aren’t talking shyt?

Before anyone tries to make a comment to me, I don’t remember exactly what he said or what episode, but he talked that shyt.

:hubie:

Anyway, I still rock with him and that show was lit lmao.
:lolbron::lolbron:
Nah, he doesn't talk down to men making less money necessarily, he does the same thing he does to women but both men and women have the same insecurities when it comes to leveling up.

The same way he tells women who want high value men they need to do more, he used to tell men who wanted dime piece type women or a great lifestyle that they can't do that shyt without making 100k a year. If you want to live a normal, regular life the show he won't say anything, the show isn't for that.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Nah, he doesn't talk down to men making less money necessarily, he does the same thing he does to women but both men and women have the same insecurities when it comes to leveling up.

The same way he tells women who want high value men they need to do more, he used to tell men who wanted dime piece type women or a great lifestyle that they can't do that shyt without making 100k a year. If you want to live a normal, regular life the show he won't say anything, the show isn't for that.

this whole “level up” thing is going to leave alot of people hurt and dying alone.

Daps
i worked with single dudes who were making 150-200k for 4-5 years straight and they didn’t have 20k in the bank

let’s say you’re single and you’re making 100k, that’s like 77k a year after taxes. Let’s round it to 6500 a month

They say you should save/invest 20 percent of your money, so that’s 1300. We’re down to 5,200

you live here
258 W 28th Street, Houston, TX 77008 - HAR.com

let’s say you put down 10 percent (assuming you got 40k to spare) and get a 3 percent interest rate

After paying the homeowners fees, insurance, pmi, taxes and mortgage you’re looking at like 2500 a month, maybe a lil more

you’re down to $2,700

you want a 40k car, that’s about 600 (assuming you make a downpayment) with very low interest over 5 years

you’re down to 2100

you need car insurance (200)

Now you’re at 1,900

Utilities - phone (90), internet (70), cable substitutes (20), groceries (250) water/gas/electric - 150 - thats 580

Now you’re at 1320 left per month or a little under 16k for the year

between eating out weekly, going on multiple trips, going to clubs, buying gifts for family, clothes, buying random nice shyt for yourself, random shyt happening/breaking that you gotta deal with....I dunno breh

I was about to post a similar breakdown. You can have a ton of fun w/ $1320/month. But you can’t be popping bottles at the hottest club every night and keep your savings up.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I was about to post a similar breakdown. You can have a ton of fun w/ $1320/month. But you can’t be popping bottles at the hottest club every night and keep your savings up.

as i mentioned in my previous post 100k is a ton of money, the issue is the lifestyle people are chasing. People want 70k cars just to sit in traffic while making 100k. This keeps people in an endless cycle of having to level up just to get from underwater of all of the consumer debt they put themselves into.