Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
In 2004 100k was top 5 percentile
In 2014 100k was top 10 percentile

100k today def don’t carry the same weight as it did before. That could explain the 10k a month instead of just saying 100

View attachment 30156 View attachment 30157 View attachment 30156 View attachment 30157

annual inflation is like 3-4% with the avg person getting 1-3% in salary increases annually, so people's pay dont even keep up with inflation for the most part + the debt they already have or build up.

And if people understand post tax the difference between 80k and 100k is very tiny, so most of the people who use six figures as the threshold are really exposing themselves.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
annual inflation is like 3-4% with the avg person getting 1-3% in salary increases annually, so people's pay dont even keep up with inflation for the most part + the debt they already have or build up.

And if people understand post tax the difference between 80k and 100k is very tiny, so most of the people who use six figures as the threshold are really exposing themselves.

post tax difference is like 15 or 16k so nah, i wouldn’t call it very tiny since it was only 20 to begin with

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
post tax difference is like 15 or 16k so nah, i wouldn’t call it very tiny since it was only 20 to begin with
idk about that, state tax structures make a diff, but anything under 1k added to your pay check isn't much imo. When it comes to money 'alot' can be subjective once you reach a certain point.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
idk about that, state tax structures make a diff, but anything under 1k added to your pay check isn't much imo. When it comes to money 'alot' can be subjective once you reach a certain point.

Well in Texas (no state tax) that’s how it breaks down

I agree that 100k is not a “lot” of money. It’s very good money....enough to where you live comfortably and without worries (outside of a few places) but you can’t really splurge responsibly

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
A few episodes ago a woman told Kevin that she was divorced and her husband cheated and had side babies with 2 other women

Kevin said “so why did you leave”

:dead:

now the Beyoncé episode he’s doubling down :wow:

That is terrible advice. He always asks women if they would be fine with their sons or brothers marrying women like themselves. This is a particularly effective debate strategy when the women have multiple kids. He corners them with that.

Would he be ok with his sister or daughter being on the receiving end of their husband having multiple babies outside the union? He'd be ready to fight his brother-in-law or son-in-law.

While I do think women are too quick to end relationships for trivial stuff, I'd never recommend a woman suffer the emotional pain of sticking with a man who is constantly cheating on her, let alone impregnating another woman. That's absurd.

Because I know I'd be ready to beat the shyt out of breh if he did that to my blood.

Last edited:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA

I agree that 100k is not a “lot” of money. It’s very good money....enough to where you live comfortably and without worries (outside of a few places) but you can’t really splurge responsibly
Man only 9 percent of people make that individually, maybe for a household it’s not but for one person how is that not a lot of money?:mindblown:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man only 9 percent of people make that individually, maybe for a household it’s not but for one person how is that not a lot of money?:mindblown:

It’s more like 15 percent make 100k

when I say it’s not a “lot” of money, I mean you not balling. I don’t think you can make 100k and do a bunch of irresponsible shyt and still save/invest a good amount of money

If you’re comparing it to the rest of the population then yes it’s definitely a lot. I’m talking about what can you do with it.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

to me 60k is the start of good money. Anyone who can't live on that will probably drown themselves the more money they make (lifestyle creep). 2 people making 60k together with minimal debt, and have a better life than most people, which includes trips to disney world and all that. The issue is people want to live like IG thots, they aren't even thinking of sending their kids to elite private schools (hell they are too dumb to even invest in their kids so the kids can succeed in school). These folks just want an extravagant wedding that goes viral on IG, and to be able to post pics in Dubai and other places to make their fake friends feel jealous lol.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
IDK.

60k seems like good money if you're not retarded.

You aren't buying benz cash but then again its called luxury for a reason :yeshrug:

Most these bad women are just women doing bad anyway. Last bytch I fukked is a solid 8/9 and strugglin to make ends meet cuz her job is bartending. Some nikka gon save her eventually but it damn sure aint gonna be me :hubie:

Last edited:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I made a thread about this. How can you be pushed to be better?:dwillhuh:
If that were the case than every man would be making 100k. The only way I can see that happening is if she knew some one who could give you a higher paying job.
Link to thread?

women like to take a disproportionate amount of credit when it comes to a mans accomplishments. Look at Michelle and Barack Obama.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Link to thread?

women like to take a disproportionate amount of credit when it comes to a mans accomplishments. Look at Michelle and Barack Obama.

TBF...she did a lot to anchor him to black folks the first time around.

But ultimately yeah breh was a genius. She aint do that for him. If you don't want it yourself your chick damn sure isn't going to push past the finish line.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
That is terrible advice. He always asks women if they would be fine with their sons or brothers marrying women like themselves. This is a particularly effective debate strategy when the women have multiple kids. He corners them with that.

Would he be ok with his sister or daughter being on the receiving end of their husband having multiple babies outside the union? He'd be ready to fight his brother-in-law or son-in-law.

While I do think women are too quick to end relationships for trivial stuff, I'd never recommend a woman suffer the emotional pain of sticking with a man who is constantly cheating on her, let alone impregnating another woman. That's absurd.

Because I know I'd be ready to beat the shyt out of breh if he did that to my blood.
I don’t recommend it either.

that said, they want their replacement to be equal as their ex. They don’t want just a good man.