Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel like Kevin Samuels is exaggerating with this income necessary to raise a family type of thing. You can easily raise a family on a 200k combined income, this nikka be talking about you need 400k to do it in Atlanta or any major city :dahell:. If you're trying to be elite then yes, but most regular people would be fine with far less. Our grandparents did it on a shoestring income. 200k is not poverty anywhere.

this is the crowd he caters to.

DA_LURKA

#SovereignOfSolitude
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Strictly For My Lurkas...
You think all the white couples are caking like that? I think there's plenty couples doing well but not really elite. I'm talking engineers and higher medical people. That's like 200-250k combined. I know this girl who's an anesthesiologist who married an engineer, they started a family and live in a nice ass house, not in the city, but in the burbs on the outskirts.
He's factoring in private school and number of kids...

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
You think all the white couples are caking like that? I think there's plenty couples doing well but not really elite. I'm talking engineers and higher medical people. That's like 200-250k combined. I know this girl who's an anesthesiologist who married an engineer, they started a family and live in a nice ass house, not in the city, but in the burbs on the outskirts.
You do realize anesthesiologist easily make over $300k alone right? My childhood friend is one. That hypothetical combined income with the engineer is easily over $400k.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Facts. I have no qualms on saying some advice from all of these dudes is contradicting. I said same thing when he said she waited and if ladies can wait like her.

I’ve been saying that marrying quick helps the woman out more than the man.

You rush to marry a chick as a high value man for what?

Even KS hasn’t said that it benefits a man, he says that to women so they can get married faster and not be single.

That advice is not for men.

:manny:

He also kind of contradicted himself a little when he was talking down on men earning a low income before.

He talked down on them just like women do.

I know tonight he was talking more about dudes making 50k and working trades, but in the same light how can he get angry when women talk down on them, when he also talked down on people who make low wages?

These dudes are making an honest living why judge them if they aren’t talking shyt?

Before anyone tries to make a comment to me, I don’t remember exactly what he said or what episode, but he talked that shyt.

:hubie:

Anyway, I still rock with him and that show was lit lmao.
:lolbron::lolbron:
Bro I was thinking the same thing :mjlol:

Any other time he talks down on dudes making 40-50k, talking about he doesn’t deal with 50-50 dudes or men that can’t pay all the bills ( obviously a dude making that much can’t) but when it’s time to temper these chick’s expectations he tells them to look for a 40-50k dude because that’s what’s the average dude makes

Hella contradictions

I feel like Kevin Samuels is exaggerating with this income necessary to raise a family type of thing. You can easily raise a family on a 200k combined income, this nikka be talking about you need 400k to do it in Atlanta or any major city :dahell:. If you're trying to be elite then yes, but most regular people would be fine with far less. Our grandparents did it on a shoestring income. 200k is not poverty anywhere.
Yea idk where this nikka be coming with these numbers:hubie:It does not cost that much to raise a family in ATL, Hou or Chicago to a middle class lifestyle but I guess this dude is talkin about ballin ballin

Like I said before, it’s a good amount of shyt I disagree with that he says but his main themes ring true for me at the end of the day:manny:

jay83

Superstar
Daps

Any other time he talks down on dudes making 40-50k, talking about he doesn’t deal with 50-50 dudes or men that can’t pay all the bills ( obviously a dude making that much can’t) but when it’s time to temper these chick’s expectations he tells them to look for a 40-50k dude because that’s what’s the average dude makes

Hella contradictions

Yea idk where this nikka be coming with these numbers:hubie:It does not cost that much to raise a family in ATL, Hou or Chicago to a middle class lifestyle but I guess this dude is talkin about ballin ballin

Like I said before, it’s a good amount of shyt I disagree with that he says but his main themes ring true for me at the end of the day:manny:

I think hes talking living very comfortably. Shopping at whole foods for a family of 5, SUVs, Insurance, private school, Traveling for vacations, etc.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Hella contradictions

He saying these women dont need a HVM they need regular brehs who they can go 50/50 with and live comfortable with. His old shows he talked about why would a HVM want to take care of a woman thats been working 10 yrs amd drowning in debt? At that point she might as well keep working and get a man who will go 50/50 with her and ease both of their loads.

he talks about how this country makes money off us not being pairs because that = 2x the revenue when it comes to housing and stuff.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
Yeah hes going by the Jetset Lifestyle scenario; 4-5 bedroom home, his & hers luxury cars no older than 5 years, international trips 2x a year and regional 4x. Most women want a upper-middle class lifestyle at minimum, or at least the security that comes with it.

And that phrase I keep hearing "I'm okay with a guy that makes 40-50k IF he is aspiring to do more or I can push him to":wow:

I can't think of how many times I've been approached by women in the "Danger Zone" leading with their education/career, and would be willing to give me a shot per-se. I don't make 6-Figures but because of my height/looks they make those exceptions and think they could mold me into that type of 10% guy they missed out on in their early/mid 20's. It's low-key disrespectful and I see it coming from a mile-away.

Being in the 55-65k range my cash savings, 401k, and financial strategy is looking better than the majority of them. They don't realize peak earnings for men don't come until their 40's and by then its not that hard to have a paid-off home and millionaire net worth without consistently making 6-Figures.

And these are the same ones liking/retweeting posts talking about how they aren't Build-A-Bear for men:comeon:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps

Hella contradictions

He’s not talking about a middle class lifestyle.

Some of y’all have to actually watch his videos.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
He’s not talking about a middle class lifestyle.

Some of y’all have to actually watch his videos.
I do watch the videos and he says upper middle class, I’ve already said maybe I be misconstrued what he means

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This Beyonce show is in complete contradiction to one of his core arguments.

KS: Ladies, stop being in these long relationships. A man knows early and should propose within six months. What else do you need to know about a person that you cannot learn in six months? :troll:

44fb8769364a75638fb21f19bfed9d7a.jpg

KS: Ladies, are you willing to do what Beyonce did? Are you willing to be with a man for years like Beyonce before getting a ring? She did. What makes you better than Beyonce? :mjgrin:

Caller: I'm confused about the contradiction in the arguments. You said women shouldn't be in these long relationships, but now you're saying...

KS:

9648624.gif

:mjlol:

Bruh...

I'm starting to think he doesn't even believe the shyt he's saying. He just says it because he knows it will get views.

When that chick pointed out his contradiction he literally got flustered and didn't know what to say :russ: