Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I was watching one of his old videos and he kept making a good point:

If you a woman, and you want a man to take care of you and you don't wanna work...why are you in school getting multiple degrees and racking up debt?

Caller: I got my Bachelor's, almost done with my master's.

KS: Do you wanna work to pay significant bills?

Caller: No.

KS: So why are you getting all of these degrees?

:snoop:
I went to an Ivy to find a man. :yeshrug:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
The thing about his latest viral video, the chick wasn't even all that bad. I feel bad that she was the one that gunned up and clapped quick she seemed like an honestly good hearted girl.
Nah she was hit. But even with her being disrespectful by not paying attention to what he said she was still pleasant. Shorty going to be alright. Since she’s making 100k plus she’s going to have to pay for the attractive dude or get with a average dude. She just not getting the dude she think she deserve.

Last edited:

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
The thing about his latest viral video, the chick wasn't even all that bad. I feel bad that she was the one that gunned up and clapped quick she seemed like an honestly good hearted girl.
she was a 4.5 on a good day. Tbh she overrated her self. Imagine her without make up and the extensions.

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
she was a 4.5 on a good day. Tbh she overrated her self. Imagine her without make up and the extensions.

Nah I mean not counting her looks she seemed pretty sweet and pleasant off that interaction. She only looked at her phone because he was lighting her ass up and it was a distraction to stop the waterworks.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
Nah I mean not counting her looks she seemed pretty sweet and pleasant off that interaction. She only looked at her phone because he was lighting her ass up and it was a distraction to stop the waterworks.
Any woman who calls his show saying they are LOOKING for a man that makes 6 figures to provide for her because she doesn't want to work deserves to be flamed

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

:sas1: Titled "They Need to Work for High Value Men", and he means that literally. Women literally need to work for their hvm, no job outside the home. :ufdup:

His reasons match our conclusions when we discussed it in our household: another man, or entity, shouldn't have that kind of access to me. He wants my efforts directed toward him. The negligible amount of money id earn (70k- 100k) is just that- negligible- in contrast to the future of Us and what we could build.

A woman called in to agree. She said her husband was a math teacher. That + her degree in business= a math academy that grew from a side hustle into a real thing. :obama:

Another woman said she worked for her husband's manufacturing business and he eventually sent her back to school for archaeology. They ended up making historical replicas of tools and things. :obama:

My man wants to send me to law school to handle his personal business. :ld:

If you pick the right woman and got just a little bit of money, you can keep her home and let her utilize her talents on behalf of the family. Not enriching some wm. :scusthov:

jay83

Superstar
Daps

:sas1: Titled "They Need to Work for High Value Men", and he means that literally. Women literally need to work for their hvm, no job outside the home. :ufdup:

His reasons match our conclusions when we discussed it in our household: another man, or entity, shouldn't have that kind of access to me. He wants my efforts directed toward him. The negligible amount of money id earn (70k- 100k) is just that- negligible- in contrast to the future of Us and what we could build.

A woman called in to agree. She said her husband was a math teacher. That + her degree in business= a math academy that grew from a side hustle into a real thing. :obama:

Another woman said she worked for her husband's manufacturing business and he eventually sent her back to school for archaeology. They ended up making historical replicas of tools and things. :obama:

My man wants to send me to law school to handle his personal business. :ld:

If you pick the right woman and got just a little bit of money, you can keep her home and let her utilize her talents on behalf of the family. Not enriching some wm. :scusthov:

True, but what percentage of women you know are like this?

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
There is a class component to what he is saying, and that inevitably rubs people the wrong way. A sizeable portion of college-educated Black women are what author Alfred Lubrano calls class straddlers--meaning they are first generation college educated or white-collar class--and there is generally social/cultural capital that they don't pick up. This often leads to Black women class straddlers to be incompatible with Black high value men, whether that HVM is a class straddler himself or is a 2nd/3rd generation HVM.

But Black male class straddlers generally have it easier in the dating/marriage market even if in some cases they have it harder inside the workplace.

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
He posted this as a preview of tonight’s show

tomine-love-life-story.jpg