Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps

:dead: :dead: #ether

Two things can be taken from this.
1. The charge of a man in today's dating climate is go out and create a life that a woman would want to be a part of and then offer the woman you want the "shotgun" position. Any woman who comes into your life before you reach your goals is either entertainment or able to help you. Period.
2. Only marry a woman who WANTS TO BE YOUR WIFE. Not one who just to be married.
If she want to marry you, then she wants to be a part of YOUR LIFE. However, if she just wants to be married, you're only a placeholder and thus a replaceable part of HER life.
one of the comments

Last edited:

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Actually the marriage part is the only thing I agree with him on to some extent , because he usually pushes it in context with corporate America--he's correct that there is a marriage premium for men, although I'm not sure how much it applies to Black men--and so there is more than anectodal evidence backing him up on that point. And dude is clearly pushing a cosmopolitan lifestyle and I can cosign that, but dude rarely talks about kids even though he is a father.

He's always talking about the costs of things and then consistently ignores the costs of raising kids--specifically raising elite black kids--and he clearly wants to emulate elite WASP lifestyle habits,but ignores a major part of that lifestyle which is the amount of money they spend on their children's education.

I've worked with and even have a couple of these type of white collar buppies in my circle, they are way too insecure and status anxious--which is why I prefer to hang out with my folks who work in creative fields--buppy networks usually aren't that deep and dynamic anyway.
I feel u. I only heard one show. So I cant judge him completley. But I just feel like marriage doesn't look good for us black men these days. I dont down anyone that chooses too but I just feel weird about it. I guess it's how he says a lot of women dont know what they want when it comes to a man. Respecting men and backing us. But then he encourages men to get married. I guess that's the part that confuses me. But as far as kids I dont know about that either.

Daps
Best YOUTUBE Personalities .

DISCLAIMER : You not going to agree with everything they say . Let nikkas live and if you bold get up on the dam panels(LOL)

OG TITANS : BGS IBMOR (IBMOR stand for INTROSPECTIVE BLACK MEN OF REFORM ) / Dr. T. Hasan Johnson / Dr. Tommy Curry

Round Table Black Manhood : ( This what I call them ) AngryMan (head of the masculine mercenaries) /(Green Gorilla AKA G wit a PHD)/Kevin Samuel's / Black Mind/ The Crimson Cure (aka Kendra D) /SheepsstaysleepTV(AKA DS1)/ PIMP GOD (aka Pimp Geezy)/ Rom wills

I'll do a separate one for the few dating coaches that i worth they salt ....

here you go :

(if you don't have his book got get i had to put it down after the first chapter (The Man-Not: Race, Class, Genre, and the Dilemmas of Black Manhood)