Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

The Darkness

Rookie
Daps
“Incredible mistreatment” over the past three centuries, Moynihan continued, had forced Negro families in the United States into a “matriarchal structure.” This was not necessarily a bad thing, he added, but because such a structure was “so out of line with the rest of the American society,” it “seriously retards the progress of the group as a whole, and imposes a crushing burden on the Negro male and, in consequence, on a great many Negro women as well.” American society “presumes male leadership in private and public affairs…. A subculture, such as that of the Negro American, in which this is not the pattern, is placed at a distinct disadvantage.”

A consequence of these trends, Moynihan emphasized, was a “Startling Increase in Welfare Dependency” among American Negroes. Largely because of broken families, he wrote, 56 percent of nonwhite children received means-tested public assistance at some time in their lives under the nation’s Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) program, which mainly assisted female-headed families. By contrast, this figure was 9 percent among white children. Stunned to discover that the number of new AFDC cases opened for nonwhites was increasing even as nonwhite male unemployment rates in the prosperous early 1960s were slowly decreasing, he speculated that something deeper than economic hardship alone was beginning to damage lower-class black families, which were falling apart even as the overall economy was exhibiting vibrant growth.

- The Monahan report
:ohhh:

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
Alot of black women don't even like us outside of the same superficial reasons non BLK women do

That's why it's really #SYSBM out here:yeshrug:
source.gif

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Thanks to the Coli to putting me on to this brother I gave out a shytload of daps in this thread I find it fascinating as a BLACK MAN if yo take pride in your appearance "You are closet gay" If you hold black women accountable"Who hurt you?/Ya Mama"

Black Men we got to continue to work on linking up and seeing each others as brothers and not competition because sadly in 2020 its pretty goddamn clear all we got is us!
Nah here you go with that bullshyt regarding the gay stuff. I can see how dude gets called gay and it don't have shyt to do with taking pride in your appearance. Dudes has that "gay" cologne dude at the high end store vibe that's why some might say it. Its a lot of black men that take pride in their look that cats aren't saying gay so stop that bullshyt fam.

Daps
I agree with this but I also feel if you're trying to get your point across you shouldn't be as harsh. That's what chicks do IMO when they just want to "tell the truth" and we all know folks aren't going to pay that shyt no attention even most of us if that style was directed at us. That's my only criticism of that style when you're really trying to get your message across and not just trying to be right.

Patrice oneal has enterd the chat (RIP)

"If all men just decided to be faithful MOST women would turn into the I AM LEGEND monsters and then they would figure out all the dikk they was getting ...THEY WAS SHARING ANYWAY" !!!

fukk i miss this dude mann :wow::mjcry:

Daps
Nah here you go with that bullshyt regarding the gay stuff. I can see how dude gets called gay and it don't have shyt to do with taking pride in your appearance. Dudes has that "gay" cologne dude at the high end store vibe that's why some might say it. Its a lot of black men that take pride in their look that cats aren't saying gay so stop that bullshyt fam.

ANY black man that dresses SHARP al the time will eventually get called gay its sad actually ...

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
teenagers dont even dress like that. Usually folks who say these things cant dress lol.
Baiscally but we online so cats can say things here that offline you going to start looking so them. Reminded me of one time my man clowned another cat we know because the first dude was talking about how to get girls. My man was like but you don't get no girls so fukk you know about that. Dude was silent but online you can say things without having your credibility checked that offline someone might pull your card.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
ANY black man that dresses SHARP al the time will eventually get called gay its sad actually ...
Bullshyt. Any man dressing and giving off vibes like duke is getting called gay all the time. Dressing sharp all the time by itself nah son sell that to someone else.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Baiscally but we online so cats can say things here that offline you going to start looking so them. Reminded me of one time my man clowned another cat we know because the first dude was talking about how to get girls. My man was like but you don't get no girls so fukk you know about that. Dude was silent but online you can say things without having your credibility checked that offline someone might pull your card.

yeah, I've been known as someone who can dress, and in style young people aren't rocking Jordans lol. They are wearing yeezys and designer stuff. The "Pull ya pants up, stop wearing jordans and fitted hats" is old man talk because people dont even dress like that really any more. I'm in tech, suits are not needed at all, CEOs aint even wearing suits. This is why being in shape and taking care of your skin and hair trumps all