Kevin Hart is terrible, why is this nikka shining

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
he's got that "funny friend at a party with the stories" style down pat.

i'll never consider him one of the greats..

but he's doing what he's trying to do perfectly.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He has his moments,he one of them dudes I find to be funnier in real life NOT doing standup,then his actual standup if that makes sense. Its weird some comedians are like that but he's one of them for me....he tells a good story but u gotta be able to do more than that to be a great standup to me. He reminds me a lot of Martin Lawrence standup,but it was funy back when Martin did it,dont know if its timeless though:patrice:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He has his moments,he one of them dudes I find to be funnier in real life NOT doing standup,then his actual standup if that makes sense. Its weird some comedians are like that but he's one of them for me....he tells a good story but u gotta be able to do more than that to be a great standup to me. He reminds me a lot of Martin Lawrence standup,but it was funy back when Martin did it,dont know if its timeless though:patrice:

besides being short he's nothing like Martin, dude was always just funny for no reason

I mean I don't hate Kevin Hart, I watch that let me explain or whatever the fukk its called, that shyt was terrible beyond belief
The chocolate drop shyt he be doing is super stale too

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
besides being short he's nothing like Martin, dude was always just funny for no reason

I mean I don't hate Kevin Hart, I watch that let me explain or whatever the fukk its called, that shyt was terrible beyond belief
The chocolate drop shyt he be doing is super stale too

They deal a lot with they relationship with they girl and its usually not anything really smart or clever about the setup or the punchline,its usually just them telling a story about something that happened with they girl. What Martin has going for him is the material was more original back when he was doing it. both of they strongpoints is they delivery.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Cosign. There's plenty of comedians I don't think are that funny. Kat Williams being one of them. I don't spend time worrying about why people do like him. I just respect his hustle and keep it moving :ehh:
That shyt is like the definition of a hater lol. nikkas watch his shows and see people dying laughing and get mad. :birdman:

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I don't agree with the OP's premise that he's "terrible" but I don't think he's at the echelon of greatness either. He seems humble but to be honest his "little man, goofy" persona that he displays in previous stand ups & movies are becoming stale. He hyped his last stand up a lot but it was one of the worst I've ever seen in my life. I think going forward he should show more range as a comedian & actor especially if he wants to continue doing stand ups.

I remember a long time ago eddie murphy was asked why did he stop doing what made him famous first which was standup, he said because he didn't want to become stale & the last couple times he did new material live(at that time) it wasn't well received. So the movie checks got bigger & the rest is history. Let me explain was built off the hype of his previous work but money wise it did good but it wasn't critically acclaimed. His upcoming movie with stallone looks horrible.

For the record if we REALLY want to talk about a black comedian being terrible then it has to go to Rickey Smiley. This dude has had a 15yr career based off of doing a old church lady... I've seen him live before, let's just say I would rather see nick cannon comedy routine before I see ricky smiley. His show on tv one is god awful. Dude has been wearing lipstick & high heels way before tyler perry.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
BB05Sy2CcAEHqDo.jpg:large

mgn2.png

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
IMO he stopped being funny once his material became more universal

back when he was doing hood movies and his stand up was mostly about hood shyt he was funny as hell

now every joke is about his kids or wife and he only play in corny white boy movies :camby:

I understand what he doing(trying to appeal to wider audience) but hes nowhere near as funny as he used to be

If you havent seen it watch "Paper Soldiers" to see the old Kev that used to be funny

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Im kind of neutral on him but my lady went and surprised me with Kevin Hart tickets last year. He basically did the same set that was shown in his stand up movie. We waited 45 min to get in, another 45 min for the show to begin, 45 min of opening acts (they were funny), and then a long intro with explosions and shyt. All for this lil roach lookin mufukka to come out there and giggle for 30 minutes. He had no real jokes. Just some anecdotes. I was happy i personally didn't pay for that shyt. Even my wife (a big Kevin Hart Fan) said "maybe the success went to his head, cuz this is the wackest he ever been"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This doesn't make sense. I don't see the correlation between working hard at a ford plant and working hard in comedy. They are working hard at their job the same way Kevin Hart does comedy. So because they work hard at their job, and are funnier than Kevin Hart, they should be more famous of a comedian than him?

The correlation is because you work hard doesn't make you funny
everybody likes Kevin Hart because of the machine, not because he's funny thats the point I'm saying

I am not a comedian, but I know local comics way funnier than the guy, he's terrible