Kevin Durant is the best player in the world.

Jugernot

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So just so we are clear. He needs two top ten players beside him? That's what you're saying?

Also whoever you are.. drop the alias dummy. Nobody believes a "2012 poster" has 100 posts in 9 years :russ:

No, I said he just needed one. Are you slow? Also, I have a life... Sorry?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Off rip, repeating something I've already said, which is Durant is better than Giannis so if he's not the best player in the world, he's closer to it than Giannis is...

This notion that whoever wins FMVP has to be considered the best player alive is some new era, dumb shyt. Giannis has stamped his place in history abd I'd also say he's the face of the NBA now...

He isnt the best player in basketball, though...

Tbh Shaq’s self-entitled “most dominant ever” tagline in the early 00s was just strategic rhetoric because he couldn’t call himself the greatest Laker ever, much less the greatest player ever.

He was (mostly) the best player in the early 00s no doubt, but he wanted something more historic and flamboyant than that.

So yea, why not come up with your own ambiguous title based on your Finals domination of Matt Geiger, Todd MacCulloch, Keith Van Horn, 35 yr old Dikembe, and geriatric Rik Smiths on one leg who literally retired 2 months after the Finals?

Example:
Shaq’s 2002 Finals vs Todd MacCulloch
(32ppg 12rpg 4apg, 30 PER)

Shaq’s 2002 WCFS vs Tim Duncan
(21ppg, 12rpg 3apg...15.9 PER)

Duncan that series: 29ppg 17rpg 5apg... 24 PER

Truth. I would say all of this in debates, and I’m a Lakers fan from the 80’s. And he wasn’t more dominant than Wilt and MJ, just for the record.

Shaq was never "the most dominant player" ever. I remember when NBA media was pushing that in real time, I didn't buy it then as a kid and I certainly don't buy it 20 odd years later as a grown man with more knowledge and learning about the game...

Hes been the best player in the world since like 2016 or 2017 you just watch too much espn.

You say this every so often and it sounds dumber each time. He was the best player in '16 despite their being a reigning b2b MVP who shytted on him in the WCF, and despite that being the year another guy who'd been markedly better over their careers to that point, shytted on the team that shytted on him, in The Finals?

Winning in '17 is what really kicked off the "Durant's the best" convo, but even then one year removed from '16 wasn't making him the best...

Doubling up in '18 and his run pre-injury in the '19 playoffs are what give his case viability. Anything before '18 is some stan shyt, and even in '18 a guy played better than he did across the entire course of the postseason...

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
He's one of the best today but that can change in a blink of an eye. There's a lotta new players that will eventually take his spot. You had Harden, Curry, Westbrook all who were top players and delivered well. But you also need championships on your belt as well.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
people been saying it ... durant has the ideal build for NBA player
same with Duncan and Larry Bird for their positions

Shaq, Lebron, etc are generational builds and anomalies ... they have the structure to be the greatest at any sport
they can show up and win shyt based off being monsters

there arent many people the height of KD with the length and shooting form to where its just impossible no matter what to stop

its why Bird was so dope... dude was 6'8 had the highest release behind his head and IQ to get his shyt off ... you can only throw a hand up and hope he misses

kareem is both ... a monster an a anomaly in general, but he used his massive size and length and developed his skyhook into unguardable shyt. There's no answer for that type of lift/length/size

same when you look at MJ and dudes that can float... you combine the hard work and skill with being able to palm the ball and glide... and you're working with a cheatcode. Durants size/length and touch is a cheatcode ... he's dumping on you from like 8.5 feet up coming off putting you on skates. Guarding him you'd have to have steel ankles and basically be jumping high enough to dunk on every single possession while guessing his moveset.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NBA narrative culture be weird

LeBron can't be better than MJ because his teammates are too talented and MJ went 6-0 in the finals, yet LeBron got the finals way more than MJ and against better competition (Not saying I believe LeBron is better than MJ, but just pointing this out)

Kevin Durant can't be the best player because his teammates are too talented

Steph Curry can't be the best because his teammates are too talented

Yet people are super comfortable crowning Giannis the best despite him beating up on the All Injured Reserves. Saw Chris Broussard saying that Giannis did it without a superteam when KD couldn't, COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that Giannis was able to avoid the real Nets team, a healthy Trae Young, and even if he was able to get past them, Kawhi + PG or LeBron + AD. shyt, even Chris Paul was banged up in the finals (I know, when isn't he?) if you wanna take it there.

NBA culture is STRANGE and moving goalposts comes so naturally to people that it makes talking basketball feel more about agendas and less about a player's merit and what they do on the court.

Hate it.

Bucks faced injuries too

Giannis' leg went Gumby. Harden came into the season fat and outta shape to get out of playing for his Black coach and Kyrie is always injured. It's war of attrition, being healthy plays a part.