Keri Hilson: “I broke up with a man early on because he was self sufficient. He didn’t need me.”

Somebody

All Star
Daps
Keri wants to cook and do laundry for a nikka?

Doubt it. Looks good saying it on social media tho. I mean she always looks good. Guess she jus wanted extra points :yeshrug:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah, I don't feel like that. but it's a very common and historically based concept is what I meant to convey. It goes back to the earlier times of marriage, like frontier shyt. Or the early colonial settlers. Marriage wasn't about romance, so much as practical needs and roles to be played for the support of family/children/religious principles. That's kinda where all that "good woman" talk comes from right, is religion. The idea that cooking and cleaning is an inherently virtuous thing.

and what I was contrasting, is for me, it's all romance/passion. The practical stuff I don't care about so much. Women do really kind things like that for me always, and I like to think I do too, but yeah, to your point, that's what matters to me, is how intense the connection, what can we share together, not what role in domestic responsibilities to we play. but those concepts circle our entire societies conception of relationships.

so I understand why people think like that.
Agreed.

It just made me think about how now in 2024 the only friends I know that are married are happy are the ones who do all the extra little stuff.

The regular domestic tradeoff isn't enough nowadays for a self sufficient person especially if you're older and have your pick of whoever you want, I think that's where we're at in Western culture

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This is what every logical man has been saying about these women. If you do for yourself then it's "you act like you don't need me", and if you let them do stuff for you it's "you take me for granted". :mjlol:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Damn, sounds like he should have had her doing all the cooking and cleaning :lupe:

But aint marriage slavery let some tell it :jbhmm:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Keri at that very moment:

1007722.gif

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
If she said this or not let's discuss the truth behind this..yes there are self sufficient men..
Myself as an example..married..one kid..I can cook just as well or better than my wife..I can put on a load of clothes and fold while I may cut the grass in between and be catching up on some TV shows.

Also can pick out paints, rugs, pillows, decorative items. etc
Do pretty much all handyman work unless I choose to pay for it.
This may be a Saturday for me, depending on the project/goal..while I'm still planning to kick it later that night and go out.

That shyt blows alot of women minds and literally makes them feel useless sometimes..
Also truly handsome gang and I literally make over 6 figures..

this aint match.com

tGSrFC.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Perfect example of the self objectification of (certain) women. They offer nothing emotionally or mentally. Their existence revolves around consumerism, and if you provide the means to increase their consumerism they may agree to cook and clean for you.

Seems like the real issue is this man has a life that doesn't revolve around her, and she was intimidated by that. He doesn't need an object in his life, he needs what any human needs: love, care, time, value etc. But you can't provide that if you're just an...object.