Keri Hilson: “I broke up with a man early on because he was self sufficient. He didn’t need me.”

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
True but the context is realistic enough you can still have a conversation about it :manny: if you're over 30 and have your shyt together you've probably attracted some woman who was really didn't bring anything outside of affection/sex, but the devil is in the details, did she TRY to do anything special for you? If the answer is no, then the reality is she really didn't want to put forth any effort beyond what she'd regularly do for herself

Those things are basic necessities for any adult tho, that's not something special for you to be impressed by, she'd be cooking and cleaning by herself anyway

That's not real effort, she just wants you to do less so she feels like she's bringing something to the table

Luckily I've dated women who would go the extra mile to do stuff, so I know what effort looks like, random baked goods sent to my job for me, hand making cards, good birthday gifts, etc. It's the thought that counts forreal. When's the last time a chick asked you what your favorite animal was and then randomly got you something based on it? That's what a thoughtful partner will do forreal

Basic home upkeep shouldn't be viewed as some special act of love imo

I learned from that and started doing the extra things in relationships myself :ehh: shyt goes a long way

alot of people really pull up putting minimal effort forward and expect you to fall in love with them somehow :mjlol:
Nah don't post a quote of this woman saying something with zero proof she said it.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
If the nikka didn’t disqualify you then whats the problem
She also said she needs a dangerous man to feel protected, shes dumb as a box of rocks.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I personally don't give a fukk about keri so I'm not making it about her, just the context of the message itself, it's a real thing

If you're hung up on it being about her then aight you got it :manny:
Yes it's wild irresponsible when people do it on the internet it's not just about her specifically.

DaRock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If she said this or not let's discuss the truth behind this..yes there are self sufficient men..
Myself as an example..married..one kid..I can cook just as well or better than my wife..I can put on a load of clothes and fold while I may cut the grass in between and be catching up on some TV shows.

Also can pick out paints, rugs, pillows, decorative items. etc
Do pretty much all handyman work unless I choose to pay for it.
This may be a Saturday for me, depending on the project/goal..while I'm still planning to kick it later that night and go out.

That shyt blows alot of women minds and literally makes them feel useless sometimes..
Also truly handsome gang and I literally make over 6 figures..

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
It depends on how self-sufficient that person is and if they're willing to let someone get close.

A lot of people are too accustomed to being on their own and self-sufficient to the point that it's hard for them to date and let someone in their space.

But everywhere you look it's women saying men can't cook or clean. :patrice:And wouldn't a self sufficient man be considered good for women?

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows

That’s a wild train of thought. My wife always jokes that she thought I had a girl when we first met cause my house was too clean. I’m a very self sufficient guy that cooks, cleans and all that but she still added on to my life. Shame that Keri doesn’t value herself.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
True but the context is realistic enough you can still have a conversation about it :manny: if you're over 30 and have your shyt together you've probably attracted some woman who was really didn't bring anything outside of affection/sex, but the devil is in the details, did she TRY to do anything special for you? If the answer is no, then the reality is she really didn't want to put forth any effort beyond what she'd regularly do for herself

Those things are basic necessities for any adult tho, that's not something special for you to be impressed by, she'd be cooking and cleaning by herself anyway

That's not real effort, she just wants you to do less so she feels like she's bringing something to the table

Luckily I've dated women who would go the extra mile to do stuff, so I know what effort looks like, random baked goods sent to my job for me, hand making cards, good birthday gifts, etc. It's the thought that counts forreal. When's the last time a chick asked you what your favorite animal was and then randomly got you something based on it? That's what a thoughtful partner will do forreal

Basic home upkeep shouldn't be viewed as some special act of love imo

I learned from that and started doing the extra things in relationships myself :ehh: shyt goes a long way

alot of people really pull up putting minimal effort forward and expect you to fall in love with them somehow :mjlol:

Yeah, I don't feel like that. but it's a very common and historically based concept is what I meant to convey. It goes back to the earlier times of marriage, like frontier shyt. Or the early colonial settlers. Marriage wasn't about romance, so much as practical needs and roles to be played for the support of family/children/religious principles. That's kinda where all that "good woman" talk comes from right, is religion. The idea that cooking and cleaning is an inherently virtuous thing.

and what I was contrasting, is for me, it's all romance/passion. The practical stuff I don't care about so much. Women do really kind things like that for me always, and I like to think I do too, but yeah, to your point, that's what matters to me, is how intense the connection, what can we share together, not what role in domestic responsibilities to we play. but those concepts circle our entire societies conception of relationships.

so I understand why people think like that.