Kenyan artist Michael Soi upsets Chinese delegation with his art work.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
nikkas are talking about poaching.

Cacs got RICH off poaching for centuries then made it illegal, now yall sheep want to get mad at the Chinese for doing the same? :bryan:
Are you stupid? So because westerners...its ok for the chinese to do it. We all know about westerners hypocrisy but don't sleep on china neither. Is that so hard?

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am not talking about war but commerce. Where there opportunity there will always be someone to exploit. The point I am making is that african need to secure their own interest ans stop thinking that anyone outside of the west is 'safe'. There is no such thing!

So what should Africa be doing? What makes you say they haven't secured their own interest? Do they know how to use these resources for themselves?

nikkas are talking about poaching.

Cacs got RICH off poaching for centuries then made it illegal, now yall sheep want to get mad at the Chinese for doing the same? :bryan:

Yes. It was wrong then and it's wrong now. These animals are becoming endangered.

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
I don't believe China is doing something noble or is the savior of Africa, but people don't really belive they're worse than what CACs did or still do, huh? :russ: Do yall really believe China is about to invade Africa? Nothing suggest they want to subjugate Africa with military. They just want to get resources and make money, and they're doing it now. They're not stealing shyt, they provide better deals for Africans than the west, it is what it is :manny:

Sure, we'd all like for Africans to develop by themselves, but it's not really possible at this point. This is a great chance for the continent to do it, if it's not wasted. Obviously, the Chinese wants to get the best deal for themselves but it's obvious in business and they honestly have the upper hand in negotations. Africa has a shytload of resources, and so what? If it's not sold, what's the point? Natural resurces constitute the vast majority of African exports and the overwheliming majority of countries don't really have developped industries like that so they can't afford to keep it for them. China just provide another client for those resources whle also providing many perks for African countries. You could argue that the money or involvement haven't made the lives of ordinary Africans that much better, but that's another discussion.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
So what should Africa be doing? What makes you say they haven't secured their own interest? Do they know how to use these resources for themselves?

Yes. It was wrong then and it's wrong now. These animals are becoming endangered.
I am not saying that they have not secured their interests, african leadership has failed many times before. It remains to be seen if theu won't be doing the same with china. All im saying africans need to be cautious and not treat china as an antithesis to the west.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes.

Too bad.

This says it all. I'm done with you
raJexxm.png

I am not saying that they have not secured their interests, african leadership has failed many times before. It remains to be seen if theu won't be doing the same with china. All im saying africans need to be cautious and not treat china as an antithesis to the west.

I agree with you and the post above yours, Africa must be cautious. But while China isn't the antithesis of the west I think they are doing more for Africa then the west have done in the past 20 years.
I don't believe China is doing something noble or is the savior of Africa, but people don't really belive they're worse than what CACs did or still do, huh? :russ: Do yall really believe China is
about to invade Africa? Nothing suggest they want to subjugate Africa with military. They just want to get resources and make money, and they're doing it now. They're not stealing shyt, they provide better deals for Africans than the west, it is what it is :manny:

Sure, we'd all like for Africans to develop by themselves, but it's not really possible at this point. This is a great chance for the continent to do it, if it's not wasted. Obviously, the Chinese wants to get the best deal for themselves but it's obvious in business and they honestly have the upper hand in negotations. Africa has a shytload of resources, and so what? If it's not sold, what's the point? Natural resurces constitute the vast majority of African exports and the overwheliming majority of countries don't really have developped industries like that so they can't afford to keep it for them. China just provide another client for those resources whle also providing many perks for African countries. You could argue that the money or involvement haven't made the lives of ordinary Africans that much better, but that's another discussion.

I actually think that Africa has the upper hand. China needs resources to sustain their growth and I think they will do just about anything to continue relations with Africa.

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
I actually think that Africa has the upper hand. China needs resources to sustain their growth and I think they will do just about anything to continue relations with Africa.

Yeah, but African countries HAVE to sell resources no matter what. China can potentially provide infrastructure, technology and knowledge to the motherland.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
tumblr_n69yssqjjU1rqkjy0o1_500.jpg

:usure:... on the surface, that may seem to be the case....

Do women usually go on poaching expeditions? So why just 1 woman and 3 men? Why are no other men holding the "rhino horn"....
Soi is :youngsabo: status
There was a famous case of a chinese woman backing poachers whom they wanted to jail and make an example of :manny:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I bet no one here knew that the chinese offered free university to african students.

theyre not only giving africans the bread they deserve for their resources, they are educating the population. you people and your conspiracy theories, man cacs aint telling you the truth, they want you to not like the idea of china helping the continent. thats the point, foster hatred then justify kicking out the chinese.

im not saying the relationship is perfect, but its for damn sure better than anything africa has had in modern times. when you grow at extraordinary levels, theres going to be issues for sure, but the point is theyre growing. thats a lot better than the 90s when the world bailed on the continent and left them decaying. china came in like we got what you need and you got what we need, lets get it.
Yeah... From what I've read on China, they believe stabilization is better for business...

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think people are just getting the vibe like you're assuming Africa are just some helpless dumb niglets who can't be trusted with the authority of making their own deals for their own interest. it's like you,re assuming that if africans are dealing with the chinese, it must be to spite the west (like a bytch would) and it can't be just them doing what's best for them. this is what people are finding offensive in your posts.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
i think people are just getting the vibe like you're assuming Africa are just some helpless dumb niglets who can't be trusted with the authority of making their own deals for their own interest. it's like you,re assuming that if africans are dealing with the chinese, it must be to spite the west (like a bytch would) and it can't be just them doing what's best for them. this is what people are finding offensive in your posts.
I watch many docs, I have relatives who are living the impact of these political decisions on the ground floor and have heard many debates on the topic/read articles. I do not doubt that china has something more to offer africa but I do believe that a part (as miniscule as it may be) of why this relationship is embraced so heartedly is to spite the west. I can only base my judgement on recurrent evidence. African leadership is lacking/poor. So as much as it hurts to say this it remains to be seen if they are going to take this opportunity to advance the continent as whole or if this will be another sob story.

The key emphasis I am making is not to put china in juxtaposition to the west because in doing so and it makes china look much better than they are. It's really easy to look good besides what europe had offered/ done to africa. This is how I often hear this discussion framed as and to me it is very dangerous because it will blind you to the bad that china can bring.

The big question is...do african leaders have the foresight to used this sino-trade relationship to their advantage? Because regardless, china knows what they want and what they need to do to obtain it and they are very hungry for development which means they willl obtain at all cost. Even with an ally you need to eventually to flex your muscle to remind him/jher not to mess with you.

Any trade relationship as big as what china is entering need to be handled to cautiousness and apprehension.

Last edited: