Kendrick turning Cole into Fredo Corleone is still the dagger

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
While Cole is a dope MC. I think he either let the current climate lull him into a place where he thought "it's not that serious". Or he never understood what being an MC and constantly calling yourself the best means.
Because partnering with Drake a guy he knows doesn't write all his own raps and trying to make the "Big 3" a thing where they all share 'the best' title while sneakily claiming number 1. Isn't something the number 1 MC should be partaking in. Kendrick caught him slipping and called him out. He really wasn't expecting it it seems because he put himself in a bad spot and didn't think what could possibly come afterwards.

I don’t think the “Big 3” bar was a mistake so much as Cole wasn’t ready to REALLY stand on it when the shyt hit the fan. Every move Cole made up to Dreamville Fest was very “on brand” for him. People forget Drake and Cole have actually been friends since the beginning of their careers and they kind of agreed not to directly compete with each other which is why you NEVER heard them throw subs or shots at one another. They have similar backgrounds as mixed kids who were primarily raised by their white mothers, the only difference is Cole grew up surrounded by black culture IN America whilst Drake didn’t so Cole will always come off more authentic.

Cole just wasn’t prepared to get in the mud, and if he never made 7 Minute Drill he more than likely would have gotten a pass from the culture. But he fukked up and stuck his toe in the pool and ran scared when he realized the water was too deep. This was the moment he should have put it all on the line and proved he COULD be the Muhammad Ali he claimed he was instead the nikka wasn’t even Buster Douglas. Buster stood ten toes down when it was time to go against the most feared man in boxing. Cole just hopped on his bike and went ghost. The shyt was disgusting

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Cole would have been better battle, but Kendrick-Drake beef was on the backburner for too long. Cole stepping aside let nature take its course.

Cole is not lyrically inclined like that to hang with KDot

Cole gets his shyt off with his flow and cadence
Despite his writers, even Drake is better lyrically

I always found it disgusting and disturbing people compared Cole to Nas

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk J Cole, Drake might done got the biggest L but J Cole the biggest p*ssy. J Cole made the biggest bytch move I seen in a long time. No one gonna respect that nikka no more, no matter how good people might think his pen game is.
End thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Glad Cole bowed out. I give him mad respect for that. It would've been ugly and I didn't wanna see black on black violence like the mass.

That white boy drake on the other hand.....

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I still think Cole will be fine in the long run if he just lets time pass and keeps a low profile. If The Fall Off ends up being dope, nobody will remember this happened, or they won't care.

Apologizing for "7 Minute Drill" and removing it from streaming was a terrible move, but I guarantee he'll have more songs about being the best. I don't know why people think he's not going to make songs like "Crocodile Tearz" and "Pi" anymore.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don’t think the “Big 3” bar was a mistake so much as Cole wasn’t ready to REALLY stand on it when the shyt hit the fan. Every move Cole made up to Dreamville Fest was very “on brand” for him. People forget Drake and Cole have actually been friends since the beginning of their careers and they kind of agreed not to directly compete with each other which is why you NEVER heard them throw subs or shots at one another. They have similar backgrounds as mixed kids who were primarily raised by their white mothers, the only difference is Cole grew up surrounded by black culture IN America whilst Drake didn’t so Cole will always come off more authentic.

Cole just wasn’t prepared to get in the mud, and if he never made 7 Minute Drill he more than likely would have gotten a pass from the culture. But he fukked up and stuck his toe in the pool and ran scared when he realized the water was too deep. This was the moment he should have put it all on the line and proved he COULD be the Muhammad Ali he claimed he was instead the nikka wasn’t even Buster Douglas. Buster stood ten toes down when it was time to go against the most feared man in boxing. Cole just hopped on his bike and went ghost. The shyt was disgusting
If it's true Drake wanted Kendrick on 1st Person Shooter making the loose 'Big 3' official. I see that as a chess moves and attempt to stop competition. It's like, " We all agree we're the best of our generation, therefore we never have to go head up.'
Kendrick killed that noise like na niqqa I'm the best and we definitely going head up. There can only be 1.
Drake it seemed he knew this was an eventuality that's why he tried the "get all of us on the same track move". Cole as big of a student of the game he is seems to have thought, "I can claim number 1 without having to go head up with an MC of my caliber." History shows that's an unrealistic perspective. You gonna have to get on the ring eventually.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Cole is not lyrically inclined like that to hang with KDot

Cole gets his shyt off with his flow and cadence
Despite his writers, even Drake is better lyrically

I always found it disgusting and disturbing people compared Cole to Nas
....but Cole writes his raps.

Honestly, I didn't want Cole in the beef 'cause I been waitin' for Kendrick-Drake beef since the BET cypher from 2013.

high-five-kendrick-lamar.gif

I ain't even a KDot fan, but I been waitin' for him to deliver. And he delivered.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
....but Cole writes his raps.

Honestly, I didn't want Cole in the beef 'cause I been waitin' for Kendrick-Drake beef since the BET cypher from 2013.

high-five-kendrick-lamar.gif

I ain't even a KDot fan, but I been waitin' for him to deliver. And he delivered.
He was baiting Aubrey since 2013 but dude was scared.

I think Q reached out to Cole to squash all that hoopla because Kendrick genuinely respects him.

If Cole wanted Kenny on a track, he would've jumped on but the whole drake shıt, he was like fụck na. Pdf file a weirdo. He ain't in the top 3. He not black culture, he wack culture.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Yall say he good cause he only backed out once he found how how personal drake and kendrick would get, but that's a cop out to me

All he had to do was wait for drake to drop push ups and kendrick to drop euphoria

He'll get some harsher shots on the latter but it'll still be a "friendly fade" compared to drake

Dot wouldn't drop a meet the coles record, so cole could've let dot and drake's beef play out. Then come at kendrick again after the farce part 6

Or at least have the illusion that he'll drop. Something to make himself not look like a flip flopper :skip:

I know hindsight is 20/20 but that nikka should've already been aware that drake and kendrick don't fukk with each other as late as the fps situation. Kendrick's like that verse was more dismissive towards cole while more disrespectful towards drake

Cold feet robbed us of a good old fashion battle that could've brought some levity to the beef :ufdup: