Kendrick turning Cole into Fredo Corleone is still the dagger

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't think Kendrick erased him. Cole kinda erased himself and it started long before he took that diss back. The impression I've got of Cole is that he came into the game as a fan who rapped, and many of his aspirations were based on childhood dreams of becoming what he loved. He wanted to drop a classic debut album, have hit records while maintaining a street/non-mainstream following, be the golden child, etc. Basically a mixture of Nas/Jay/Pac who never went too far pop, never fell off, got the 5 Mics treatment at some point and avoided the pitfalls they faced.

The problem is that instead his first album was pretty weak, in part due to Jay demanding pop records. So he didn't get the classic debut. Then a year later his good friend dropped a debut album that was immediately hailed as a classic. Then his good friend started winning awards. Then Nas and Jay started praising his good friend while simutaneously being harder on him (being stuck between Jay demanding hits and Nas denigrating his single). Then his good friend asserted dominance with a verse that shook up the game and name dropped him. In short, Kendrick was suddenly doing a lot of the historical shyt that Cole once dreamed of doing as a kid.

Then what happened? Suddenly Cole started talking about no longer chasing accolades, no longer caring about reviews, no longer worrying about fame. I thought it was obvious at time but in hindsight it's even more undeniable: his shift to care free, longer hair, bike riding "fukk fame" Jermaine was 100% a response to him realizing Kendrick got the shyt he initially wanted in the game and the jealousy wasn't healthy. He had to re-prioritize and focus on shyt that made him happy. And him doubling down on rappity rap exercises over the last few years was him trying to get back to the essence and differentiate himself from Kendrick and Drake, both of whom become more commercial in subsequent years. I think the Like That verse was simply too disrespectful for him to ignore but shortly after dropping that diss he reverted back to his peaceful state and took it back. I don't know where Cole goes from here but he seems to be at peace with himself.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
He was baiting Aubrey since 2013 but dude was scared.

I think Q reached out to Cole to squash all that hoopla because Kendrick genuinely respects him.

If Cole wanted Kenny on a track, he would've jumped on but the whole drake shıt, he was like fụck na. Pdf file a weirdo. He ain't in the top 3. He not black culture, he wack culture.
I dont think it's an issue, but kendrick wouldn't do a track with just cole either

Kinda like lupe with king Los. He's always calling him one of the greatest rappers. Especially freestylers but he just turned down a feature request

Them nikkas got their ways I guess :manny:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I don't think Kendrick erased him. Cole kinda erased himself and it started long before he took that diss back. The impression I've got of Cole is that he came into the game as a fan who rapped, and many of his aspirations were based on childhood dreams of becoming what he loved. He wanted to drop a classic debut album, have hit records while maintaining a street/non-mainstream following, be the golden child, etc. Basically a mixture of Nas/Jay/Pac who never went too far pop, never fell off, got the 5 Mics treatment at some point and avoided the pitfalls they faced.

The problem is that instead his first album was pretty weak, in part due to Jay demanding pop records. So he didn't get the classic debut. Then a year later his good friend dropped a debut album that was immediately hailed as a classic. Then his good friend started winning awards. Then Nas and Jay started praising his good friend while simutaneously being harder on him (being stuck between Jay demanding hits and Nas denigrating his single). Then his good friend asserted dominance with a verse that shook up the game and name dropped him. In short, Kendrick was suddenly doing a lot of the historical shyt that Cole once dreamed of doing as a kid.

Then what happened? Suddenly Cole started talking about no longer chasing accolades, no longer caring about reviews, no longer worrying about fame. I thought it was obvious at time but in hindsight it's even more undeniable: his shift to care free, longer hair, bike riding "fukk fame" Jermaine was 100% a response to him realizing Kendrick got the shyt he initially wanted in the game and the jealousy wasn't healthy. He had to re-prioritize and focus on shyt that made him happy. And him doubling down on rappity rap exercises over the last few years was him trying to get back to the essence and differentiate himself from Kendrick and Drake, both of whom become more commercial in subsequent years. I think the Like That verse was simply too disrespectful for him to ignore but shortly after dropping that diss he reverted back to his peaceful state and took it back. I don't know where Cole goes from here but he seems to be at peace with himself.
Nice spin, but no :mjgrin:

nikka said he'd go to hell if Jesus asked for a feature, now he wanna be on some peace shyt once some real competition wakes up:mjlol:

It's clear that jealousy never left his heart. Unfortunately, it wasn't much of a heart either :manny:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
I still think Cole will be fine in the long run if he just lets time pass and keeps a low profile. If The Fall Off ends up being dope, nobody will remember this happened, or they won't care.

Apologizing for "7 Minute Drill" and removing it from streaming was a terrible move, but I guarantee he'll have more songs about being the best. I don't know why people think he's not going to make songs like "Crocodile Tearz" and "Pi" anymore.
Lyte and Soul killed him on his own shyt :russ:
Everybody in my circle just rewinds the beginning
Cole was the weakest part of PI to the contrary
No Jermaine can’t talk about being the best while rapping about sticks and the mud
This nikka should clearly be regulated to lyrical miracle Common raps forever
None of the shyt and verses he put out up until this point hold any muthafukkain weight anymore
And I’m a Jermaine fan
Ive been a fan when weird nikkas of thecoli was calling him ZZZquil
nikkas being flaw and frauds with this shyt
I literally saw everybody that’s rewriting history in this thread call that man boring for years
Tried to weaponize him as being better than Kendrick
When we all know he wasn’t even on bros level to begin with

Kendrick made this shyt a lite pack and was definitely one of the reasons a dual album would’ve went bad for Cole just like this battle
So reading all the bullshyt narratives in here got me:skip: :Kd: :dead:
Y’all cappin yall kneecaps off

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I dont think it's an issue, but kendrick wouldn't do a track with just cole either

Kinda like lupe with king Los. He's always calling him one of the greatest rappers. Especially freestylers but he just turned down a feature request

Them nikkas got their ways I guess :manny:
They were suppose to do an album together some years back.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
So has the narrative shifted back to Cole being bytch for bailing? Cause for a minute there people had changed up and said Cole made the right move cause he had the least amount of dirt dug up on him during the battle.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lyte and Soul killed him on his own shyt :russ:
Everybody in my circle just rewinds the beginning
Cole was the weakest part of PI to the contrary
No Jermaine can’t talk about being the best while rapping about sticks and the mud
This nikka should clearly be regulated to lyrical miracle Common raps forever
None of the shyt and verses he put out up until this point hold any muthafukkain weight anymore
And I’m a Jermaine fan
Ive been a fan when weird nikkas of thecoli was calling him ZZZquil
nikkas being flaw and frauds with this shyt
I literally saw everybody that’s rewriting history in this thread call that man boring for years
Tried to weaponize him as being better than Kendrick
When we all know he wasn’t even on bros level to begin with

Kendrick made this shyt a lite pack and was definitely one of the reasons a dual album would’ve went bad for Cole just like this battle
So reading all the bullshyt narratives in here got me:skip: :Kd: :dead:
Y’all cappin yall kneecaps off

Rep

Those them East Coast nikkas on the forum/board

They let Jigga created Nas joke(J Cole) fool them into thinking he was elite
The worst part was East Coast Nas stans allowed that shyt only for the Jigga created Nas joke
(J Cole) to use Takeover bits in his diss track