Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the album is nice but the stanning got so bad for it I started shytting on it just to counteract the hype.

Chris Rock saying MBDTF is better than Thriller :wtf::dahell::mjlol:

From someone who's listened to MBDTF more than Thriller, I agree :manny:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
First two runs was unimpressed. Third run in the headphones and its clicking.

The best songs are Wesley & The Rapsody joint.

It's a really good album that's bound to be overrated given the climate of today.
I think the album is dope but I can't lie the way the internet is treating it is kinda putting me off...not to add to the fact that 90% of the Kendrick fans I know in real life either felt it was aight or don't really fukk wit it like that...

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
I think the album is dope but I can't lie the way the internet is treating it is kinda putting me off...not to add to the fact that 90% of the Kendrick fans I know either felt it was aight or don't really fukk wit it like that...

A friend of mine has a saying "nikkas need heroes". shyt is profoundly applicable across the board.

And all this metacritic noise where it's duking it out with *surprise* Outkast and Kanye speaks to the types going ham on it.

I do think it's a very good album though.

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the album is dope but I can't lie the way the internet is treating it is kinda putting me off...not to add to the fact that 90% of the Kendrick fans I know in real life either felt it was aight or don't really fukk wit it like that...
talekd to a few musicians, they say they ain't enjoying it like that coz its not their kind of music but they still aknowledge the album as the best album of the last few years (quality Wise). They say its nothing less than 10/10even though they're not enjoying it.

Of course not everybody is going to enjoy the same thing, a ltoof people think nas is boring or that prince is the WOAT... A lot of people love this album, and a lot of people don't like it but still give it a perfect score (guess they know music and can put their bias aside)
There's a difference between enjoyment and quality. I keep making this comparison but I don't enjoy the movie 'Schindler's List' because its a depressing movie that hard to sit through, but that doesn't make it any less of a well put together and executed film. The same goes for music, a lot of people keep expecting constant entertainment out of it rather than judging it based on its own merits.

Not a surprise to see this album having ONLY perfect ratings, I just don't see how it would be possible to give it something lower than a 9, even when you know music history

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:dahell: kinda silly shiit is this? is this how yall listen to albums these days.
it's not silly at all actually...when someone is pushing in ur head that something is perfect...and u not really gettin that vibe...u start to pick shyt apart to see if u buggin and just don't "get it"..or if ur grips are valid...it makes u examine the flaws more closely...like I said I think the shyt is dope...but all this best album of all time talk is mad off putting...cause the shyt just just so damn untrue it's ridiculous...some people even wait for the hype to die down to go into an album with a clear head...so don't hit me wit that "these days" talk like I'm some new jack...