Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
People say Mortal Man and U almost made them cry, but "How Much A Dollar Cost" almost made me cry. Something about the beat/song is so sad...

:rudy:

I love the song and album and all, but these songs making ya'll muhfukkas turn bytch n shyt over?! Say it ain't so. Did 'These Walls' make ya'll walls get moist too muhfukka?:scust: Lemme find out the coli cats ain't built too tough. Just straight up melted ice cream soft, rainbow sherbet ass nikkas, don't even own a cone, just rainbow sprinkles for you muhfukkas. Scust!:camby:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

I love the song and album and all, but these songs making ya'll muhfukkas turn bytch n shyt over?! Say it ain't so. Did 'These Walls' make ya'll walls get moist too muhfukka?:scust: Lemme find out the coli cats ain't built too tough. Just straight up melted ice cream soft, rainbow sherbet ass nikkas, don't even own a cone, just rainbow sprinkles for you muhfukkas. Scust!:camby:

Calm down Mr. Acting tough on the internet when no one cares or knows who you are. Typing this long ass post. :laff:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps

It's just been a while since nikkas had some shyt to feel :mjcry:

Some shyt that made nikkas feel good to be nikkas. :to:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
full of fake struggles, simp tendencies, radio friendly, pop shyt trying my best to still sound hood to sell records and to create a couple new hashtags for the gram and twitter...all while not growing as an artist or pushing the genre forward....

I been knew that since Drake dropped his first album. From when it dropped back in 2010, it felt "off" and lacked something that I fell in love with Hip Hop, in the first place. Its popular to girls, but it lacked that "punch" that Cole and Kendrick has,=.

Regardless, K. Dot did it again and he is making history as we type in this thread. Congrats to him for waking a lot of minds up.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Calm down Mr. Acting tough on the internet when no one cares or knows who you are. Typing this long ass post. :laff:
:mjlol: At you thinking that was a long ass post. You take the smilies away and the shyt is barely 3 lines. ADD nation FTW tho.:francis:

:russ: @ me allegedly catching feelings for stating the obvious. Ya'll cats sounding like you just got touched in the the butt.:mjpls::ufdup:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
kendrick gonna be like this during the simmer

maxresdefault.jpg

and taylor gonna be like this ...

:dead:

u a god damn fool

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Lupe and Krit dropped like a month and 2-3 months ago, lol. It's been a good few months in reality of things.
I know but Lupe (who I grew up to) and Kendrick address some of the same topics, but they tell it very differently.

Like Lupe will educate you about shyt, but Kendrick goes about it like a war chief :blackbands:

Lupe will say that the system is designed to keep blacks down and tell you how wrong it is.
Kendrick will tell you to burn that motherfukker down and anyone who gets in the way can catch a stray. :blackbands:

Basically, Lupe is like a school teacher.
Kendrick is one of those nikkas was from scared straight.

They're both telling you the right things, and ultimately they're speaking the same message, but the latter has that aggression that draws you in.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I know but Lupe (who I grew up to) and Kendrick address some of the same topics, but they tell it very differently.

Like Lupe will educate you about shyt, but Kendrick goes about it like a war chief :blackbands:

Lupe will say that the system is designed to keep blacks down and tell you how wrong it is.
Kendrick will tell you to burn that motherfukker down and anyone who gets in the way can catch a stray. :blackbands:

Basically, Lupe is like a school teacher.
Kendrick is one of those nikkas was from scared straight.

They're both telling you the right things, and ultimately they're speaking the same message, but the latter has that aggression that draws you in.

I respect that. It's still #NoTearsForFearsMovement tho.

TheBeigeBomber

#Fukkery
Daps
full of fake struggles, simp tendencies, radio friendly, pop shyt trying my best to still sound hood to sell records and to create a couple new hashtags for the gram and twitter...all while not growing as an artist or pushing the genre forward....

i was running thru the 6 with my woes tho :damn: :noah:

Daps
The album version of "i" is so dope conceptually. It actually seems to serve as a metaphor for the songs own reception to the masses.

- Commotion at the beginning and throughout representing the same sound we are used to (turn up music)
- Kendrick Lamar being introduced over the noise (A DJ breaking the record for the first time)
- Kendrick performing over the crowd noise and urging folks to come to the front or pay attention to a different sound other than turn up music.
-The commotion interrupting the song before it finishes representing people forming negative opinions of the track because they are too stuck in their ways (represented by Rival gangs still beefing)
-Kendrick spits acapella until commotion mutes entirely ...Kendrick's way of saying ultimately lyricism will always outlast fads (current state of rap)

Shyt was kinda hard to express but that's what I took from the album version of I.