Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But real shyt stop calling shyt classics like a week after they drop...that shyt is asinine. Classic insinuates that the music's effect will persist and has persisted through time...

usually TIME has to pass for that. :rudy:
I don't know what's with Hip-Hop fans obsession with shyt being a classic anyway. Just listen to the shyt. You either like it or you don't :dahell:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Not to sound like a dikk...but are you the voice of the people that you're making claims that people aren't gravitating towards certain tracks? :why:

And russ: @ Bound 2 being easily digestible. Sorry but w/o that sample that shyt is :camby: status.
No I am not but just read this thread, read tweets, talking with my people. Alright, Hood Politics where the early "i'm rocking with..." candidates. Maybe i'm wrong.

That's like saying without the sample the sample Rapper's Delight is wack. The sample is prominent element of the song lol.

The Charlie Wilson segment was re-worked into a #1 hit across Europe called Nobody to Love but according to you, only the sample is useful? Aight homes.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
But real shyt stop calling shyt classics like a week after they drop...that shyt is asinine. Classic insinuates that the music's effect will persist and has persisted through time...

usually TIME has to pass for that. :rudy:
Thats what happens when modern rap isnt catered to have a classic.

Most people in the mainstream rap scene these days listen to these rushed out albums and throw them away when they get out of style like accessories.

Most people who call every new album that come out a classic are holding onto the old ways and are looking and hoping for it to come back but it never does which is why this still goes on.

Last edited:

origiNel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Anybody who purchased the physical CD having a problem uploading it into iTunes? I've used other CDs and it worked but not on my Macbook

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
No I am not but just read this thread, read tweets, talking with my people. Alright, Hood Politics where the early "i'm rocking with..." candidates. Maybe i'm wrong.

That's like saying without the sample the sample Rapper's Delight is wack. The sample is prominent element of the song lol.

The Charlie Wilson segment was re-worked into a #1 hit across Europe called Nobody to Love but according to you, only the sample is useful? Aight homes.

The sampling part is true :ehh: I'll give you that!!

I'll say this though Alright and Hood Politics are great but they not even top 5 on the album imo :manny:

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
stuck on king kunta...sound like kendrick is either bringin out his inner mystikal or suga free..

i can hear both of them performin the same flow...n lyrics...over that quik bassline...

best bassline on the whole album...

I hear more Suga Free on that

Still can't believe Quik didn't do that joint