Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Had to cancel my preorders cause I didn't know what was going on with the release :francis:

Purchased on itunes, just bought off Amazon. There better not be a Deluxe version coming out :francis:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
The sampling part is true :ehh: I'll give you that!!

I'll say this though Alright and Hood Politics are great but they not even top 5 on the album imo :manny:
Agreed. But they hit more the first time.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
sat down and took it in about 3 times. really like the joint. the instrumentals confused me a bit and it sounded cluttered until the 2nd listen. On the 3rd listen i really like this album. king kunta and after is really dope. favorite track so far is how much does a dollar cost. that shyt hits me harddd. U is a dope track as well....dont see to many pepople messing with it but i like it. this album you really gotta sit down with. new shyt every listen

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
Can't fukk with "u" track right now...shyt hurts my ears

I hate how they have the live version of "i" in stead of the regular studio version.

Other than that album is a solid 4.5/5, very refreshing to hear as well.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
even with that song "u" i dont think this is gonna prevent the album being looked at in a excellent light down the years....lets not forget death certificate had "giving up the nappy dug out" , all eye on me with "whats ya phone number" ....

Revolutionary

All Star
Daps
Complex made a new article about the album being one of the highest rated albums of all time... already

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
if it includes untitled .... My card is ready :gotdamnbreh:

i keep getting this feeling that there are at least 3 songs leftover by kendrick that could be better than a song or two on the album...artists do that alot...its like when michael jackson left off "streetwalker" off the original bad album and its one of his best songs

vampire xtc

The E-Legend
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
well...

after a number of spins past few days....

the album is good

i do however can see some disliking it

he made an album that you have to just sit and listen to

nothing on here is like car/club type of music(not a bad thing)

he made more of an abstract type of album

now sadly people wanna just say "oh its kinda outkast style"

different doesnt need to be throw as outkast style especially when it sounds nothing like ANY outkast album ever lol

i can also see since the album is constructed musically very abstract people disliking it

a number of songs kinda dont pick up till mid song which is against the norm

one of my fav songs for example "these walls"

he doesnt start to rap until 1/3rd of the song in

doesnt bother me at all but thats me lol

and a lot of people have an issue with the song "u" for various reasons and i totally understand as its very all over the place

and i must say the studio version of "i" should have been on the album with the live version as a bonus

but with that being said i do enjoy the live version just has a lot going on with the interuption mid track etc...

but anyway

its a good album but most will not like it and i totally understand why

its definitely not for everyone