Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So then naw you can't really do it then? When I accuse rappers of biting I can post links demonstrating that shyt.

The way he does his voice? He been doing that forever and it's probably his biggest weakness. Also what voice thing are you referring to with Outkast? Like the Art of Storytelling Pt. 2? Because Kast aint really alter their voice much in their music.

Edit: I'm almost certain you won't post tracks side by side, because it would make you look foolish

Andre has been altering his voice since Aquemini in a sort of similar way. Wouldnt go so far as to call it biting because Andre has never used it across an entire project to convey emotion/feeling the way Kendrick does. Kendrick's usage is wholly unique to his style

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I dont know why guys keep bringing up Andre. Like someone said there is a difference between influence and straight biting. When someone is biting Andre you would know right away. Nobody else sounds like Kendrick Lamar, he has a unique voice.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So then naw you can't really do it then? When I accuse rappers of biting I can post links demonstrating that shyt.

The way he does his voice? He been doing that forever and it's probably his biggest weakness. Also what voice thing are you referring to with Outkast? Like the Art of Storytelling Pt. 2? Because Kast aint really alter their voice much in their music.

Edit: I'm almost certain you won't post tracks side by side, because it would make you look foolish
Go listen to the verse on Miguel's "How Many Drinks"..and imagine Andre 3K's voice on it...even bytch Dont Kill My Vibe...which I believe 3K was present for during recording...

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
But should that be a knock on the album?
That it isn't as impactful or enjoyable as it should be? Yes.

King Kunta
Alright
Hood Politics
You ain't Gotta Lie
i
Mortal Man

All are easily digestible records IMO.

Half those are on the second half of the album. By the time you get to You Aint Gotta Lie an hour has passed.

People aren't gravitating to King Kunta like that either, you aint gotta lie too. By easily digestible I was thinking something along the lines of Blood on the Leaves/Bound 2. Something any casual fan could identify and ride with. People are gravitating to Alright, Hood Politics. Even still those tracks aren't golden like that.

But for me the strongest records are easily some of the denser records.

James Worthy

Superstar
Daps
This album is like fine wine...it gets better with time and understanding:

tumblr_n5v8vbNYwm1rhhql5o1_500.gif

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
That it isn't as impactful or enjoyable as it should be? Yes.

Half those are on the second half of the album. By the time you get to You Aint Gotta Lie an hour has passed.

People aren't gravitating to King Kunta like that either, you aint gotta lie too. By easily digestible I was thinking something along the lines of Blood on the Leaves/Bound 2. Something any casual fan could identify and ride with. People are gravitating to Alright, Hood Politics. Even still those tracks aren't golden like that.

But for me the strongest records are easily some of the denser records.

Not to sound like a dikk...but are you the voice of the people that you're making claims that people aren't gravitating towards certain tracks? :why:

And russ: @ Bound 2 being easily digestible. Sorry but w/o that sample that shyt is :camby: status.