Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So then naw you can't really do it then? When I accuse rappers of biting I can post links demonstrating that shyt.

The way he does his voice? He been doing that forever and it's probably his biggest weakness. Also what voice thing are you referring to with Outkast? Like the Art of Storytelling Pt. 2? Because Kast aint really alter their voice much in their music.

Edit: I'm almost certain you won't post tracks side by side, because it would make you look foolish

Spottieottiedopalicious is probably the best example. He definitely is influenced by them

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So then naw you can't really do it then? When I accuse rappers of biting I can post links demonstrating that shyt.

The way he does his voice? He been doing that forever and it's probably his biggest weakness. Also what voice thing are you referring to with Outkast? Like the Art of Storytelling Pt. 2? Because Kast aint really alter their voice much in their music.

Edit: I'm almost certain you won't post tracks side by side, because it would make you look foolish

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
That untitled song sounds like it would have went right after the For Sale skit.

I'd trade Momma off of this album for that song to replace it.
:whoa:

Put Untitled after For Sale skit, move Momma after Untitled, remove "i".

Perfect :win:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
That untitled song sounds like it would have went right after the For Sale skit.

I'd trade Momma off of this album for that song to replace it.

Terrance Martin said he wrote that song the day before he went on the Colbert show, so he would have something fresh to perform. He said he and some of the musicians freestyled parts during the performance because they forgot the arrangements. Which probably means they never even bothered to go into the studio and lay this track down.:mjcry:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Terrance Martin said he wrote that song the day before he went on the Colbert show, so he would have something fresh to perform. He said he and some of the musicians freestyled parts during the performance because they forgot the arrangements. Which probably means they never even bothered to go into the studio and lay this track down.:mjcry:
I have it saved on my SoundCloud but yeah, that sucks. Glad he performed it though :mjcry:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Haven't listened to an album that was this pro black in a while. I initially thought Kendrick was a sell out. I apologize Kendrick

I'm a Lupe fan but this is the best album I've heard so far. Fantastic stuff.

Love all the tracks top 3 highlights is probably: Alright, King Kunta and the first half of U. Phenomenal ending as well.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
so yea... just heard the album.

:ooh: @ blacker the berry!!

shyt so hard i'm a cac and that shyt made even made ME wanna ball my fist :whew:

that intro was hard too. smooth as fukk.

don't be mad if you see a white dude on the way to work dancin like :stylin:"we should neva gave them nikkas money, go back home, money go back home.. ":stylin:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
maybe i should say influence and not bite then

Yeah, biting is stealing & copying somebody else's shyt and trying to pass it off as your own on some:mjpls:shyt. Using different genre's of black music as the sound for your album is something alot of rap artists have done before and after Outkast.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
so yea... just heard the album.

:ooh: @ blacker the berry!!

shyt so hard i'm a cac and that shyt made even made ME wanna ball my fist :whew:

that intro was hard too. smooth as fukk.

don't be mad if you see a white dude on the way to work dancin like :stylin:"we should neva gave them nikkas money, go back home, money go back home.. ":stylin:
:aicmon: