Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
"for sale" interlude got me rollin with that damn voice kendrick doin :laff:

kinda like when nas did that song "who killed it" off HHID with that weird humphrey bogart voice.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Album has been on non stop repeat all fukking day. Blends in with this hot weather so good. Best times to play it are from 630 to 730 pm

jbrad

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe it's because I'm a community organizer for social and racial injustice issues that this album doesn't move me, personally. He didn't say anything nor do anything innovative to me but I do think this could be a great stepping stool for the 85'ers out here that don't have a clue towards a higher platform of thinking and whatnot.

Last edited:

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
There's definitely songs that I like and even the ones I don't I could see other people liking. Nothing is pure garbage when I look at it objectively. I don't think it's a 10/10 album, but I guess I could see why other people love it.

The only thing for me is that his voice and flow don't always match the beat or tone. And there is nothing musically or lyrically as interesting to me as Money Trees or Sing About Me, Dying of Thirst. I liked S80 and GKMC right away, but I'll have to give this a few more spins.

ralph lauren

Banned
Daps
The Pac interview is just icing on the cake..

Kendrick got the juice now..
FgCQopC.png

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
:ld:

Not liking it on first listen, but I'm a big advocate for Kendrick and love his ABILITY, not really crazy about the project at this point but I'll sit with it for a while.

I think my favorite cut so far is either the first track or King Kunta and I didn't even really think that was GREAT when I first heard it. I like it more now...seemingly because I figured it would be one of the weaker joints on the album and ended up being at the top.

JustRob

Rookie
Daps
Finally done runnin for the day so I'm gonna lay back and give it a listen. I should have given it a spin in the car but I didn't want to have to pause it at each stop. My m50's are going to have to do they have pretty good sound anyway.