Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
This thread is clearly split between people who seek some level of personal upliftment through this type of craftsmanship and those who view hiphop as a disposable element of their day to day life.

Just like everything else.
Only people hating are the ones that have been on some message board anti Kendrick crusade for years.

Jack Don the G

What am I? A farmer?
Daps
Was hoping for an album full of tracks with the "the blacker the berry"-energy.

Not gonna lie. I was expecting more from Kendrick.

With that said, its a good album. I just feel that the individual songs by them self are not that strong. I will probably play the whole album If Im in the mood to listen to any of the songs.

The album gave me chills a few times tho. Not many rappers that is able to do that. :mjcry:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This thread is clearly split between people who seek some level of personal upliftment through this type of craftsmanship and those who view hiphop as a disposable element of their day to day life.

Just like everything else.
I think the former has a serious problem with taking criticism from the latter.

They're the ideologues...and those types of people are dangerous, IMO. (slightly being serious)

thoushallhustle

All Star
Daps
outstanding. :wow:

i usually dont like socially conscious rap but i appreciate how he held back on the "hot" beats and let his lyricism speak for itself. this album is like a bottle of quality tequila to dilute it would cheat you out of fully appreciating it so you have to drink it straight no chaser. his flow was just :wow: I'm loving how much he's grown as an artist from GKMC.

methaphorce

Rookie
Daps
Man this album sucks

Kendrick isnt talking about shyt that matters, hes not selling out shows, driving whips you wont even catch at disneyland nor is he fukkin every bad bytch. -Doesnt even have beats that I can bump in my shytty car that doesnt even have a sound system
-he aint even talkin about drugs and shootin nikkas up
-hes not running through the 6
-he aint even got metro boomin n DJ mustard beats this shyt is trash

:troll:

They should have a "LOVE THE IRONY" dap button in this bish :mjlol: