Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
Lol breh act like he couldn't discern what he was talking about. Like police violence is real out here, but I'm more likely to get my wig split by a brotha for no damn reason. That's life I guess. I guess most crimes are intra-race but it shouldn't be.

I'm not in the business of decoding what other men say. I take what they say at face value Cuz that's all I have.

A nikka start talking about respecting yourself to get out from white supremacy, it's time to put him on mute.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Another Year, another Kenny album that will recieve mass critical acclaim from just about everyone and every reputable music source In the country :sas1:

Which means another year of a drake stans trying to elevate mediocre, repetitive Drake albums full of predictable verses where he says "nikka" 15 times and one word hooks in a monotonous tone over a beat that has a maximum of 3 key notes used, as a classic albums, while arguin that everyone else in the world is crazy and that Kendricks music leaves a lot to be desired. :sas2:

Hip hop:blackblessed:
Nikka get off drake dikk

Cotdamm its possible to like both

While your GOAT Kanye makes songs saying ALl day at the end of each line for a whole song while his idiotic fanbase eats it up :mjlol:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Another Year, another Kenny album that will recieve mass critical acclaim from just about everyone and every reputable music source In the country :sas1:

Which means another year of a drake stans trying to elevate mediocre, repetitive Drake albums full of predictable verses where he says "nikka" 15 times and one word hooks in a monotonous tone over a beat that has a maximum of 3 key notes used, as a classic albums, while arguin that everyone else in the world is crazy and that Kendricks music leaves a lot to be desired. :sas2:

Hip hop:blackblessed:
I honestly enjoy drake shyt but the whole hes better than kendrick shyt has to stop if he can't release an album on par with any of kdots output.

It's like with Eminem's "Infnite". Most people will view "Good KIID" and "Slim Shady LP" as there debuts even though they aren't.

difference to me is that section 80 is ridiculously dope in its own right where it sounds like a nikka whose released multiple albums it was so confident and realized.

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa
nikkas in here really only naming 3-4 songs they dig then saying this ALBUM (as in the whole ALBUM) is amazing???? LOL
Y'all crazy

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Any project that speaks directly to black people in a reflective honest and positive light is going to be hated by c00ns cacs and homosexuals :manny:

Album is fire.

Music connoisseurs lovin it

It's only fitting that the album is heavy on jazz. Jazz music took the pain and struggle of the times and made it into art. Black folks have undergone a transformation in consciousness the past few years for a lot of reasons, so Kendrick took that and made some dope shyt.

Aside from trying to get rich and famous, that's what art is supposed to be. Don't see how anyone dislike this project.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
So far it's meh.. I going to say this fukk it, I almost feel like he sometimes takes away from the beats. The production is that to were he could have released this as a instrumentals album. That alright is :blessed:

Is that Lalah Hathaway singing on "momma" ? :whoo:

She's on quite a few tracks