Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: Breh it wasn't a plea for white validation. News Flash. Brothas and Sistas are getting disrespected by every ethnicity and race. Whites, Asians, Latinos, etc. Everywhere on god's green earth the black man is disrespected. Pretty obvious and no one is absolving people for being racist fukkboys, but the way we publicly disrespect each other lends credibility to those feelings whether you like it or not.

I guess slaves and people living during Jim Crowe didn't "respect" themselves. That's why they got murdered and lynched.

Also--log into your real account, stop hiding behind alias' like a fakkit.

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
where do y'all get this type of stuff from? so his comments were justifying/excusing white supremacy?

A nikka say some shyt like "we don't respect ourselves so how can we expect them to respect us?" Is c00n rhetoric. I could not respect myself to the tenth power, and that STILL don't justify me being killed by the police.

This nikka not the Tupac radical yall want him to be. He's a c00n.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
A nikka say some shyt like "we don't respect ourselves so how can we expect them to respect us?" Is c00n rhetoric. I could not respect myself to the tenth power, and that STILL don't justify me being killed by the police.

I don't think he's a c00n...but maybe we don't need the "Tupac radical" approach at this point anymore.

:ld:

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
I don't think he's a c00n...but maybe we don't need the "Tupac radical" approach at this point anymore.

:ld:

It's needed now more than ever, these nikkas think they can coddle and sweet talk a beast :mjlol:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet

"They say its the white man I should fear/but its my own kind doing all the killing here"

giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally the album direction in the first half was all over the place and almost made me turn off the album. The 2nd half brought the direction to where I think he wanted it to go and the album flowed. The hype killed the album and so did the wasteful tracks on the album. Although the really good tracks saved the album, it's not a classic album or near it but it's good.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Personally the album direction in the first half was all over the place and almost made me turn off the album. The 2nd half brought the direction to where I think he wanted it to go and the album flowed. The hype killed the album and so did the wasteful tracks on the album. Although the really good tracks saved the album, it's not a classic album or near it but it's good.
xd8000.gif

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
Anyone else noticed that some cacs are in an uproar over KL making a pro-black album? Here's a post from another forum that I found earlier today.

11jnp5x.jpg

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Lol breh act like he couldn't discern what he was talking about. Like police violence is real out here, but I'm more likely to get my wig split by a brotha for no damn reason. That's life I guess. I guess most crimes are intra-race but it shouldn't be.
exactly.
thats why I stopped having those convo's altogether.
People want every answer to be black or white…but most issues are in that gray area.