Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This album dropped and quite literally overnight, nikkas in the Booth have turned into funk/jazz connoisseurs :mjlol:

Yeah...you went from bumpin Gucci, Ross, and Drake....now all of a sudden you're dusting off Miles Coltrane and Parliament-Funkadelic records to appreciate songs Kendrick don't even sound comfortable on

Not saying it's not possible....but for YOU nikkaS? :laff:

There may not be an objective opinion on this album from this subforum until April-May :wow:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
This album dropped and quite literally overnight, nikkas in the Booth have turned into funk/jazz connoisseurs :mjlol:

Yeah...you went from bumpin Gucci, Ross, and Drake....now all of a sudden you're dusting off Miles Coltrane and Parliament-Funkadelic records to appreciate songs Kendrick don't even sound comfortable on

There may not be an objective opinion on this album from this subforum until April-May :wow:
We already knew the type of album it was going be nikka :what:

Stop trying to dictate nikka and keep it moving

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
A few songs in and so far it's a spoken word album :yeshrug:

I like it though

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Will not Stream:ohlawd: Wait like an old 90s Kid:flabbynsick:, to purchase the CD:deadrose: on it's release day:noah: Meanwhile, read Coliviews in preparation:lupe: See alot of better than the first one:ohhh: And, Funk/Jazz fusions throughout the album: BLACKEXCELLENCE:blessed:

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
man its a lot of people here forcing themselves to like this album
They're definitely forcing themselves to like those cringeworthy interludes at the very least.

If ANY OTHER rapper put some shyt like that on their album, whole threads would be made to clown them.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

what you think brehs can't be vesitile in their listening habits?

why is that shocking to you

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If you're not into funk or jazz then this album might not be for you. Most of the songs take a direction in one of those two genres. If you're not a fan of Kendrick as am emcee or the voices that he does sometimes on tracks then this album probably isn't for you. The subject matter is very good imo and is very necessary in today's world. The beats and Kendrick's flow are the things I can see throwing people off with this album. Having said all that, as a fan of Kendrick, funk, jazz, and the content, this album is fantastic. Its everything I wanted it to be. Its just clear that Kendrick gives no fukks about appealing to as many people as possible. This album is gonna divide a lot of Kendrick fans and its not gonna convince people who weren't fans to be fans I dont think. I hope that explained enough lol.
Meh. I guess we'll see.

I'm a fan of Jazz and funk in rap when done right. If its some UGK - Riding Dirty (the album) type Jazz and Funk for example then I'll like it.

Good example of what I'm thinking is UGK - 3 in the mornin