Kendrick Lamar- The Pop Out Ken and Friends Concert in Los Angeles June 19th

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
100000% the most self-destructive, if nothing else.
I feel like the story of the energy of this whole shyt woulda been slightly different if he'd simply dropped Push-Ups and trolls on IG and never put Taylor Made out at all.

It damn sure wouldn't have turned into the justification for Dot putting on the Full Armor of Righteousness California and dropping a diss track that got folk in Nebraska embarassingly trying to hit the Walk while calling off-white-boy a pdf

TMF in retrospect was a masterclass in shooting yourself in the dikk
For sure. Using fake Pac vocals to diss someone from the west coast was super stupid. :heh:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Honestly, before this beef Kendrick was just outside of my top 10 (I'm big on Nas and Jay-Z NYC era). But this whole thing just catapulted him up to top 5 ranks for me easy. Got me revisiting his entire discography. And if someone wants to say he's the GOAT, I ain't even gonna bother argue. If his next album is insane as well.... :hubie:
Kendrick before Mr Morale had a spot in the top 10 based on him having a better catalogue than most goat contenders. His power was his album making ability. If he kept that steak he would be out of here. 1 bad album out the mix is still amazing. Nas and Jay didn't go 4 for 4 out the gate and Nas is my GOAT..

Funny enough Jay got cocky after Nastradamus feeling like Nas was cold. Drake was feeling like Kendrick was tapped out after Mr. Morale. There's a lot of parallels.

Revolutionary

All Star
Daps
Kendrick before Mr Morale had a spot in the top 10 based on him having a better catalogue than most goat contenders. His power was his album making ability. If he kept that steak he would be out of here. 1 bad album out the mix is still amazing. Nas and Jay didn't go 4 for 4 out the gate and Nas is my GOAT.
Objectively he has no bad album. All of his albums are critically acclaimed, it's a first for a rapper.

But looking at the facts, Mr Morale has the universal acclaim as well, and some argue its his best album. Matter of taste.
As far as I'm concerned, Morale ranks 2 behind TPAB

Kendrick's least acclaimed project (s80) is still more acclaimed than most rappers magnum opus

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Where and when? I don’t even know what you’re talking about, so the shyt isn’t that iconic :yeshrug:. I’ve never been anywhere, work, gym, hanging out, etc. and someone was like, “You saw that Drake performance last night :wow:?” He has more infamous performances than iconic ones like when he was singing horribly on Ellen.

But, let’s say that his Back to Back performance is legendary. He’s been running the game, allegedly, for 15 years and has ONE legendary performance? 😂

Kanye been a c00n for years, but he has like twenty of them joints. shyt, Kendrick got 5-10 plus. Drake doesn’t even have a classic freestyle.

Dude’s ass.
:mjlol:Like I said bruh I’m all for clowning Drake, but we’re not going to rewrite history. His back 2 back performance is legendary.

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Objectively he has no bad album. All of his albums are critically acclaimed, it's a first for a rapper.

But looking at the facts, Mr Morale has the universal acclaim as well, and some argue its his best album. Matter of taste.

Kendrick's least acclaimed project (s80) is still more acclaimed than most rappers magnum opus
MM&TBS #1 in his catalog imo :yeshrug:
Only kendrick album I don't give a fukk about is gkmc and its still a classic

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Objectively he has no bad album, thats just you subjectively disliking it.

Nah there's a petty good GENERAL consensus that the album is his worst. It's not cohesive like the others and also not enjoyable. It has acclaim for the content and subject matter, rappers being vulnerable is still taboo . The album is a chore of the listen to regardless.

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah there's a petty good GENERAL consensus that the album is his worst. It's not cohesive like the others and also not enjoyable. It has acclaim for the content and subject matter, rappers being vulnerable is still taboo . The album is a chore of the listen to regardless.
It has acclaim in general lmao.. its score indicated "universal acclaim" on metacritic and if anything its being praised for its music.

general consensus is that it's an amazing album, up there with the rest of his catalog.

Revolutionary

All Star
Daps
It's critically acclaimed, produced one of the best selling tours of all time and its being praised as one of the best albums of the decade by music lovers, experts, music lecturers and people with musical knowledge.
It's fine if you don't like it, but people that do know music praise the album and its musical composition.

as far as I'm concerned, all the praise aside, if I have to talk about my own personal taste, it's also one of my favorite albums ever.

tehparadox

All Star
Daps
Like Common said, nobody in hip hop has more classics than Dot, it can hurts fans of other artists but it is what it is.:yeshrug:

Dot is fine, he got himself into these GOAT discussions based on catalog alone long ago. Dude is so versatile that all of his albums are amazing and made for different audiences

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since when did Snoop have to provide clearance for that?
That's like approving SOUTH PARK to make a caricature out of you.
He ain't have no say. All he can do is send a C&D
Pretty sure he put it up on his ig stories which can be taken as a co-sign.

derro13

All Star
Daps
NOSTRADAMUS KENNY :ohhh:

GQtT8elWgAA-sJC