Kendrick Lamar- The Pop Out Ken and Friends Concert in Los Angeles June 19th

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

That's the difference between Drake & Kendrick. Drake has fans (lots of them, actually), but Kendrick has the people.
When the Breonna Taylor/George Floyd (R.I.P. to them) protests happened, Alright was the anthem. Not Hotline Bling. Not Passionfruit. Sure, Drake can make people dance, but Kendrick makes people feel. There's a difference.
Drake has produced some bubblegum pop hits, but Alright and Not Like Us are the new Say It Loud and Fight The Power.
Wheelchair Jimmy doesn't resonate with the culture the same way Kung-Fu Kenny does.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I was listening to Taylor made and i still don’t get the Taylor Swift angle from Drake. Like what was he trying to accomplish?

The Top Dog and Dave Free angle were stupid as well.

In retrospect, it’s clear Drake had no dirt on Kendrick.
He probably had information that Taylor's team spoke to kendrick's team about delaying the diss so it wouldn't fukk up her album release.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
It absolutely isn’t, and if that’s what you’re getting, you’re captive to the radio or paid playlists… :dahell:

And these drill and tho rappers are not that popular, that’s what you’re missing, the bar is low AF, they don’t be doing numbers. Furthermore social media and personality drives popularity more than music

As for who you hear being played - that’s subject to the crowd and areas you’re in. Kendrick absolutely got play up through the damn era, his last album wasn’t a casual album so no, it wasn’t a blast in the car/social scene album

Like I don’t hear no damn sexy red other than the radio, but I also don’t hang out with 15-28 yr olds so I ain’t supposed to hear her

The bolded is the issue.
That age group moves the culture. They are the culture.

We can have our opinions and say what's hot or good.
But that's the demographic that the industry listen to and targets.

Them lil nikkaz aint playing Kendrick or the other artist that I don't know. That you say are good.

(Just to add. Honestly In my big old age. I really don't even care about "good" "quality" music anymore from the new comers. They all corny anyway. Just Give me what sounds good. . because The older rappers did everything better already.
So I'll take big Glo cause her sh*t is poppin over some Kendrick or Jcole who trying to give quality but they boring me to death)

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
Kenny has the juice now but Not like us is rather ironic considering Drake prolly has more black fans and is played more in the 'hood' than Kendrick
:mjlol: Drake is a childhood actor from the suburbs. Irony? You nikkas born feet first ?

Edit :never mind you’re from London. My bad don’t respond to this you don’t know what the fukk you’re talking about. carry on my boy :russ:

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The bolded is the issue.
That age group moves the culture. They are the culture.

We can have our opinions and say what's hot or good.
But that's the demographic that the industry listen to and targets.

Them lil nikkaz aint playing Kendrick or the other artist that I don't know. That you say are good.

(Just to add. Honestly In my big old age. I really don't even care about "good" "quality" music anymore from the new comers. They all corny anyway. Just Give me what sounds good. . because The older rappers did everything better already.
So I'll take big Glo cause her sh*t is poppin over some Kendrick or Jcole who trying to give quality but they boring me to death)
Yes, they move the culture but their stars are more insular. When I was in my 20’s when Kendrick, cole, drake all really popped, my brother who is 12 years older was listening to them to, as well as my nephew who is 12 years younger. Sexy red, nba young boy, etc don’t appeal to a 20+ yr age range the way older stars did.

And people in their 20’s still listen to Kendrick and cole as those are the dudes they grew up under, just like my generation still listened to 30-40 something nas, jay, etc.

But whatever, you really showing you’re not tapped into much other than what’s forced on a playlist or super old nikkas, so I really can’t take a conversation seriously about who else is poppin cuz you don’t recognize what the current landscape it

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Drake is a childhood actor from the suburbs. Irony? You nikkas were born feet first

Edit :never mind you’re from London. My bad don’t respond to this you don’t know what the fukk you’re talking about. carry on my boy :russ:
No lie in my verses

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Yes, they move the culture but their stars are more insular. When I was in my 20’s when Kendrick, cole, drake all really popped, my brother who is 12 years older was listening to them to, as well as my nephew who is 12 years younger. Sexy red, nba young boy, etc don’t appeal to a 20+ yr age range the way older stars did.

And people in their 20’s still listen to Kendrick and cole as those are the dudes they grew up under, just like my generation still listened to 30-40 something nas, jay, etc.

But whatever, you really showing you’re not tapped into much other than what’s forced on a playlist or super old nikkas, so I really can’t take a conversation seriously about who else is poppin cuz you don’t recognize what the current landscape it

So you agreed with me...
Then finished off with I don't know what I'm talking about.

Gotcha.

You said ur not listening to the stuff 15-28yr olds are listening to
So How are you "tapped in"? Lol

I don't listen to they sh*t either but I can definitely tell you who they ain't listening to.

But thanks for the convo

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Someone said snoop might have rubbed the west coast the wrong way moreso in general with the diddy situation as well, running around with him knowing what he did, and lately in interviews shading pac, this was just the straw that broke the camel's back
Snoop has ALWAYS been an opportunist. Look at that snoop lion bullshyt he did, to that "i'm giving up smoke" campaign he been on. He's never been loyal, only loyal to what's convenient for him.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Trying to gauge shyt based on thot rap when it comes to rappers like kendrick
Gvos91R.gif