Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Kendrick's concert will be televised. Somebody check on BBL Drizzy! :damn:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think we need to tackle the idea that rapping in itself is not "musical" or that rappers aren't "musicians".
They 100% fukking are musicians.
I was singing and playing instruments before I ever, EVER Wrote a Rap but once I started rapping, I developed
an even deeper respect for rappers and what it takes to rap.

So OFF RIP.
AT THE VERY LEAST.
Every RAPPER, EVERY SINGLE ONE, EVEN THE shytTY ONES is a MUSICIAN.
However, like anything thing else in this world, there is TIERS TO THIS shyt.

With that said, Kendrick Lamar is heavy handed in the production, but he does not always guide
the production, he's had fully produced beats sent to him (like the case for "Alright") but because of his
creativity, he came up with a TOTALLY DIFFERENT record vs. what Fab came out with and he got the beat at the same time apparently.

And truthfully, we're only talking about the song writing and album crafting process we aren't even talking about putting
together a live performance/stage show. That is a whole other level of difficulty and if you DO NOT ACTIVELY PERFORM
you do not understand and are some couch quarterback shyt.

Idk, I'm just a dude who has managed to somehow finagle this music shyt into getting it presented to people directly under
the one's y'all have posted ITT, so I may not know shyt or I may know shyt :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Nas has said he doesn’t see himself as a producer but Nas has more musical input in his albums than people realize. Nas will breakdown the sample for a song, add some drums, and then take what he’s done to the main producer and let them “fill in” the rest and never ask for credit because his main focus is the lyrics. He started doing it a little bit on Stilmatic, a little more on Gods Son and examples for projects where Nas has more heavily of a hand in the production aspect of the project is Streets Disciple and Untitled.

Kendrick takes it a step further in that he leads the creative direction of all of his projects from start to finish, that includes the production, writing, arranging, composing, sequencing and even the mastering. Kendrick is a conductor on the level of 2010-Present day Kanye in that he knows what sound he wants, instructs the producer on how he wants it, and guides them throughout the process. He literally co-produces in the sense that the beat wouldn’t be what it is if he wasn’t involved. Thats why I linked the quote from Pharrell, Pharrell isn’t the type to follow just anyone’s lead when it comes to production, but when working with Kendrick he follows his lead.

Kendrick is 100% a musician

Word. These Drake Stans would say James Brown wasn't a musician either, even though he pushed the direction of all his songs too :francis: