Kendrick Lamar - The Heart pt. 5 official video

Braman

Superstar
Daps
1st listen I was like ok nice this is cool.

2nd listen, ok this giving me chills. Giving me ‘Mortal Man’ vibes. Should be an album outro.

-The deepfakes are erie as hell. Adds to the allure of the song. He gives you a reason to watch the video rather than just listen to the song, bc each face pops up when he’s spitting a lil something from their perspective.

-That Marvin Gaye sample is minimalist but it is going to grow on you. Makes you want more of the hook. And this is made for live music/festivals

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I’m not asking for a strip club anthem. I can play alt-R&B and Goldlink and the new IDK and Vince Staples etc. don’t play me like I’m asking for fukking Lil Baby and Gucci and EST Gee drops to liven shyt up.

THIS song is not to be played in public. Stop it.

Ok respect, so you playing IDK and alt-r&b (?) but your crowd won’t appreciate a universally known Marvin Gaye sample?! Lol I’m just a aux cord DJ myself and I can tell you that the middle of the song when the beat picks up (around 1:20) is a bop bruh. Even has the ‘I do this for my culture’ part that folk would sing along to. You making it like it’s a canibus track

Braman

Superstar
Daps
What lazy sampled beat. So much could be done with this Marvin sample.

Give it some listens I think peoples minds gon change. Reminds me of Kanye’s sample of Lauryn hill on Donda. At first I thought the sample was kinda lazy and too simple but it grew grew on me. When the song being sample is so known/strong you may just need a lil subtle hint of it

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
It's

"When a nikka RENT a ROADSTER"

slingshot.jpg

The story I heard; Jay was fukking with Baby and nem and saw them three wheel Roadsters

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
A Marvin Gaye sample! Anybody who calls that lazy or a cheat code is a simpleton. The fact that his team could secure that demonstrates the caliber of artist he is.

He rapped from the perspective of people who made us defend our culture right or wrong.

How could anybody claiming to be a Nip fan not listen to that 3rd verse and not feel like those could have been Nip's words?

You know you've unlocked a level of greatness when people are tripping over themselves to downplay your music.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Ok respect, so you playing IDK and alt-r&b (?) but your crowd won’t appreciate a universally known Marvin Gaye sample?! Lol I’m just a aux cord DJ myself and I can tell you that the middle of the song when the beat picks up (around 1:20) is a bop bruh. Even has the ‘I do this for my culture’ part that folk would sing along to. You making it like it’s a canibus track
Do you realize this contrived ass shyt ain't cutting it?

COME. ON. Man.

Kendrick is playing games right now for someone of his supposed stature.