Singles Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Drake Diss)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Drake wasn’t looking to chart with any of the diss tracks..he was speaking facts and barring nikkas up ..said what he had to say, and kept it moving after that week or so

Kendrick tried to create an album roll out off somebody else’s name..it’s shameless

:mjlol:

I don't think any of them were trying to chart. The chart activity simply gave a glimpse of who connected with the people more. Nobody listening to Drake's disses anymore, shyt came and went literally. Your boy had one card up his sleeve and when that shyt didn't hit the way he thought it would, he had nothing left.

If this was all about an album rollout...where's the album? Kendrick hasn't said a word or done anything publicly lol. I wouldn't be stunned if Drake's album drops first.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake wasn’t looking to chart with any of the diss tracks..he was speaking facts and barring nikkas up ..said what he had to say, and kept it moving after that week or so

Kendrick tried to create an album roll out off somebody else’s name..it’s shameless
Drakes first two #1’s was off of someone else. Most of his #1’s featured other big name artists and now you’re trying to change the narrative that it’s Kendrick that’s looking for hits even though he’s never announced an album at all.

Let’s stop trying to re-write history here.

Y’all love acting like Drake is the stimulus when his success is based on the stimulus given to him.

Drake should be thanking Rihanna.

Last edited:

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
He’ll never get Ja Ruled. Drake is too cemented in the culture to ever fade into obscurity. I just think the stuff he’s been dropping lately is stuff to try to keep his name out there and not seem scary, all the while not fanning rbe flames back up with kendrick. Not until he starts peppering his completed albums and singles with Kendrick sneak disses. Part of me feels like he wanted to call it quits, but is too prideful to let it go. He’s still diggin to find some angle on Kendrick while dropping duds

(Not really a rebuttal to you, I generally agree w/ everything you saying)

Ja Rule never had a dedicated male fanbase. I was 12 when Pain is Love dropped and my aunt who babysat us was obsessed with him. It was the dudes that were the followers where people had to find a happy medium and listen to what the bytches were listening to.

Drakes female fanbase dissipated after More Life, so Scorpion basically. They didn't care about no Kanye West beef. Drake pivoted into the red pill communities and earned himself a legion of suburban listeners ("I don't listen to rap but") whom he seduced with his flagrantly false tough talk. His OVO dikkriders will allow him to remain as long as they want him to.

Without them women however, he's not gonna get anymore hits and it's looks to be that he lost that after the baby mama bullshyt. He hasn't had a hit that he didn't ride off of somebody else that lasted since... when, honestly? In My Feelings/Sicko Mode (I'll give him Sicko Mode)? I say this knowing daaaamn well that he was still in his run with God's lan and Nice For What

I think CB is a hack but he's had a FEW. No Guidance, Go Crazy, and that weird ass Under the Influence song

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Song kinda fizzled out…why are people still posting in here? :heh:
Nah Broseph Stalin, still hot as a fucxk out here crodie and I dont even go outside.

It's very weird that the Post Malone song is a #1 though. That shyt is some trite vanilla trash and his hitmaking days are over, but yeah I inadvertently learned who Morgan Wallin was for some reason, and that mf is huuuuuuuuge. He's hick Bad Bunny levels of big.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
(Not really a rebuttal to you, I generally agree w/ everything you saying)

Ja Rule never had a dedicated male fanbase. I was 12 when Pain is Love dropped and my aunt who babysat us was obsessed with him. It was the dudes that were the followers where people had to find a happy medium and listen to what the bytches were listening to.

Drakes female fanbase dissipated after More Life, so Scorpion basically. They didn't care about no Kanye West beef. Drake pivoted into the red pill communities and earned himself a legion of suburban listeners ("I don't listen to rap but") whom he seduced with his flagrantly false tough talk. His OVO dikkriders will allow him to remain as long as they want him to.

Without them women however, he's not gonna get anymore hits and it's looks to be that he lost that after the baby mama bullshyt. He hasn't had a hit that he didn't ride off of somebody else that lasted since... when, honestly? In My Feelings/Sicko Mode (I'll give him Sicko Mode)? I say this knowing daaaamn well that he was still in his run with God's lan and Nice For What

I think CB is a hack but he's had a FEW. No Guidance, Go Crazy, and that weird ass Under the Influence song
Everything you said is facts. Especially the fanbase stuff. Drake really duped these GenZ males by becoming some weird redpill anti-hero. Old ass nearly 40yr old Millennial Drake. :mjlol:

That's why alot of us Millennials don't really rock with drake like that, and see through the kayfabe. He really had the women when he was doing the simp Bria's Interlude type music. He had millenial women in his pocket. But ever since he went Joker mode aftet PushaT, he's been talking and moving very crazy. Becoming a figure head for mobties, and crashing out on these records and talking crazy on women and past relationships. He's like a slightly more edgy version of Taylor Swift. Except his "Swifties" are jaded young men or young men who live vicariously through him and want to "Dawg" these bytches.

It's like an audio PUA of sorts. Drake will be alright for now. But the veil has definitely been torn, like no other rapper has done. I don't even think JayZ was as powerful as Drake is now, when Nas dropped Either on Jay. This was a reckoning.

As I've been saying, the Drake feature is a half-truth of sorts. Artist get big after the Drake feature, but these were artist who were already on their way to topping the charts and were already mainstream. SexyRedd gave drake that female fanbase stimulus when he was starting to slow down with that demographic. The most popular part of Rich Baby Daddy is SexxyRedd's vocals. That's who the ladies came to listen to. Drake is a genius in that regard, in which he knows how to "keep up" and just be all encompassing and omnipresent with anything trending with the ladies. He's always there, he's everywhere.